Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 05:03:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][P2POOL][VTC] ★★ Azure VERTCOIN Pool ★★ DDOS Resistant VTC Pool  (Read 2206 times)
WutriCoin (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:32:20 PM

Azure Vertcoin Pool

DDOS reisistant P2Pool Node (1% fee)

http://cryptopool.cloudapp.net:9171/

To connect to this P2Pool node simply point your miner at:

URL: stratum+tcp://cryptopool.cloudapp.net:9171
Username: Your vertcoin address
Password: Anything

Sample configuration

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://cryptopool.cloudapp.net:9171 -u YOUR-VTC-ADDRESS -p ANYTHING

Fast facts

1. P2Pool nodes are all part of one single, big, distributed pool
2. When any p2pool worker on any node finds a block, everyone on all the nodes gets paid their share
3. There is no pool wallet, and hence no payout threshold. Payments go directly to your wallet
4. The distributed nature of p2pool resists DDoS attacks

Decentralize the hashrate!

WutriCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:11:55 PM

What is p2pool?

• P2Pool nodes are all part of one single, big, distributed pool
  • When any p2pool worker on any node finds a block, everyone on all the nodes gets paid their share
  • Payments happen directly on the main Vertcoin blockchain in the generation transaction for the block - there is no pool wallet, and hence no payout threshold. See this block for an example of what a block that p2pool found looks like. This means that your coins are never held on a pool wallet (there isn't a pool wallet) so there is no possibility of a hacker stealing your coins, or a pool failure causing you to lose coins - even if the p2pool node you are mining on failed part way through a block, you would still get paid for the shares you had submitted since the shares are distributed on the p2pool share chain which is synchronised between all the p2pool nodes.
  • The distributed nature of p2pool resists DDoS attacks - because there isn't a single pool IP address to attack, p2pool is highly DoS resistant.
WutriCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:16:07 AM

Don't p2pool payments take longer to confirm?

No. In a traditional pool, after a block is generated, the pool waits for 120 confirmations before paying out the block. When 120 confirmations are received, the balance moves from "unconfirmed" to "confirmed" and you are paid out, either automatically if set, or manually if you choose that option. You then wait for that payment transaction from the pool to your wallet to confirm before the coins are spendable. With p2pool, you receive the coins immediately the block is generated, however you must wait for 120 network confirmations to be able to spend them. So p2pool generated coins are spendable slightly sooner than those generated by a traditional pool.
WutriCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:55:13 PM

Doesn't p2pool generate more stale shares?

P2Pool creates a "sharechain" similar to the main Vertcoin blockchain. On this chain, blocks take 10 seconds to generate. The main Vertcoin blockchain targets a 2.5 minute block time, so approximately every 2.5 minutes there is a window of opportunity for your worker to find a valid share in the previous block, but submit it once another worker already found a block - this is a stale share.

The shorter blocktime of the p2pool sharechain means this window of opportunity for a stale share to happen occurs more often, so you will have more stale shares, however this doesn't reduce your income provided that your stale percentage (Look for your Vertcoin address in the "Local Workers" section of the main page) is not higher than the average for all p2pool workers (See the "P2Pool Total" item, in the "Hash Rate" section of the main page). In fact, if your stale ratio is lower than the average, you profit from the stales generated by other workers, by having a higher overall percentage of the valid shares.

So, for example, even if your stales were 5%, and p2pool as a whole was generating a 6% ratio of stales, you would be making more on p2pool than you would on a traditional pool, since the stale ratio on the sharechain does not correspond to stale (orphaned) blocks on the main blockchain.
drepteck

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:03:20 PM

So I left my computer running last night mining on this pool
Woke up today and found that I had ZERO vertcoins in my wallet.
Left my mining on with both the CPU and GPU, so different clients.
Also tried two different wallets, one directly to cryptsy and a local wallet.
In every case possible, no VTC were gained. Here are my settings:

minerd.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://cryptopool.cloudapp.net:9171 -u VstfSxmebFkVNqdNLNF27FrCCiiFoEX951 -p x --threads 4
cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -C 0 -D -i 0 -m 1 -o stratum+tcp://cryptopool.cloudapp.net:9171 -u VstfSxmebFkVNqdNLNF27FrCCiiFoEX951 -p x

I know the settings are right as I was chugging away, but today I noticed I had received absolutely nothing.
trixster67

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:22:03 PM

24hrs @ 700kh nothing to show for it, tons of accepted , very few rejected , 0 HW errors, I find this p2pool a waste of time and electricity. WALK AWAY
drepteck

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:04:25 PM

Could anyone with high trust flag this person for running a scam pool? Thanks.
parawing742

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:13:22 PM

I mined at this pool for 8 hours today and got just over one vertcoin. Obviously, YMMV. Stick with more established pools if you're worried about your hashrate going to someone else.
WutriCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:21:00 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 08:55:31 AM by WutriCoin

Could anyone with high trust flag this person for running a scam pool? Thanks.

Hi

There is no way to scam on p2pools (except for the fee, which is 1% in my case), and I certanly haven't been doing anything like it. You can raise your own p2pool node and see for yourself.  

I just wanted to give miners a place to mine securely, without thinking about ddos or scams.

EDIT: There are problems with P2Pool in general

Here is the explaination
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/1wynyy/why_p2pool_is_having_troubles_and_a_solution/

We will try to fix it ASAP
WutriCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:15:17 PM

P2Pool should work fine now - however, small miners would be better of to standard MPOS pool
WutriCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:39:20 PM

P2Pool Update

We intend to update the network information for p2pool in our official repo, its just a change in networks.py. The update with that should show up sometime before the seed nodes upgrade, or you can just get it from the pull request, but the network wont be live until the listed date. This involves a change to how long a share is valid, currently a share is only valid for 3 blocks. This setting was borrowed from Litecoin, and it has proven to be too low for us. It will be adjusted to 12 with this update, that should hopefully improve the p2pool experience for people with low hashrates. As every worker's share will now be valid for a longer period.

This update requires a hard fork of the network, which means we will have two p2pool networks running in parallell for some time while everyone interested updates to the newer version. Don't panic, it won't be like hardforking a wallet, no paid coins will go invalid. It just means that to benefit from this update you need to upgrade to the new settings. It might also mean that blocks will come a little slower for a while if not everyone comes along with the update (as we will split into two). The point of this pre-announcement is to mitigate that. Also moving to this new network means that the we'll get a new sharechain, a.k.a. any shares from the old network won't transfer over.

The p2pool scanner and all the seed nodes will be upgraded to this version on 13th february at 22.00 GMT. Any node left on the old network will continue operating as normal, but will not show up in the scanner until upgraded.

Hopefully people will catch on fast and update.

Note: The best way fora miner with a low hashrate to mine on p2pool is still to run your own node with only you on it, because work difficulty is based on the entire node's hashrate (this might be changed to a per worker difficulty in a future update, but that change requires more testing first). You should be paid the same in both instances over time, but variance will be higher if on a public node. Remember that p2pool is distributed pool, all work on every node is equally valid (as long as it's not orphaned or dead-on-arrival).
WutriCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:25:14 AM

Azure VTC P2Pool node has been updated! Your shares are now valid for 12 blocks (instead of 3) and your share diff target is based on your hash rate.
Payouts will be more regular and consistent for small miners

===============================================

Azure Vertcoin Pool - DDOS reisistant P2Pool Node

No registration - No minimal payout!
    To connect to this P2Pool node simply point your miner at:

URL: stratum+tcp://cryptopool.cloudapp.net:9171
Username: Your vertcoin address
Password: Anything
    Fast facts about P2Pool

1. P2Pool nodes are all part of one single, big, distributed pool
2. When any p2pool worker on any node finds a block, everyone on all the nodes gets paid their share
3. There is no pool wallet, and hence no payout threshold. Payments go directly to your wallet
4. The distributed nature of p2pool resists DDoS attacks

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://cryptopool.cloudapp.net:9171 -u VbNPoxNeiNg6Bj9RwjjS4GazDbKLgUqNDP -p X
WutriCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:48:14 PM

Is p2pool Vardiff?

Yes, p2pool uses vardiff, but it is highly recommended to calculate your target difficulty as explained above for your workers hashrate. This will result in the optimum minimum size of work for your hashrate, reducing stale shares and consuming as little bandwidth as possible. It will also prevent hardware errors which can occur with worksizes that are too small.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:55:34 PM

Where can I find my individual stats?

I have been mining for over 2 hours and I do not see my coin address in the active miners listing.

VgpuPnDCAnRdjfAuABQMFui8iHC1c3Gfrz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: