Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:23:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Privcy Ann deleted yet again  (Read 207 times)
vectisitch (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:59:00 PM

hi, can a mod please explain why the Privcy Ann has been deleted again?
this is the second time this week. we have no explanation as to why?
we understood the fact that spam is not wanted here and made it clear we would not tolerate such posts. we kept the thread clear of spam and don't think we did anything against the rules here?
we adjusted our rules to be clear that we didn't want to fill up the thread with meaningless posts. so please can you explain why you deleted our second ann thread without any explanation. thankyou

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:00:51 PM

We are not breaking any rules of Bitcointalk TOS from everything we have read.
We are not requiring users to post a minimum number of posts or anything like that, rules are very simple with no required minimums or posts, just shown activity.

We are an official project with a big team and an already massively grown community. I am one of the official mods aliong with Vestitch.

Is it just because many sour people report the thread over and over?
Or is there an actual explanation as to why our thread keeps getting deleted?

WE ARE NOT REQUIRING PEOPLE TO POST IN OUR THREAD

That is NO WHERE stated in our rules or the thread.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:03:06 PM

Were you offering an incentive for users to post there? For example, offering them bonus stakes if they posted in the thread. That's generally the reason why announcement topics get removed completely. It doesn't matter if you ask them to only post quality responses either.

Is it just because many sour people report the thread over and over?
Or is there an actual explanation as to why our thread keeps getting deleted?
It wouldn't matter if 1000 users reported the thread if it wasn't breaking one of the rules. There's almost certainly an answer for it being deleted multiple times.
Pablito89

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:03:43 PM

Were you offering an incentive for users to post there? For example, offering them bonus stakes if they posted in the thread. That's generally the reason why announcement topics get removed completely. It doesn't matter if you ask them to only post quality responses either.

Absolutely not!
JTTech

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:14:19 PM

There is 0% incentive for any user to post in our thread, except to add information to it and discuss the topic.

There is no rule stated ANYWHERE or ANYTHING stated, that we require/incentivize users for posting on OUR announcement thread only.

We state we require ACTIVITY on Bitcointalkforums.... ANYWHERE on the forums and NOT STRICTLY in the announcement thread. That is stated directly, that post SHOULD BE ACROSS THE BOARD, anywhere but OFF TOPIC.
We do not even state a MINIMUM number of posts on the forums, just that they show they are an active user to receive airdrop.

There is absolutely 0 incentive for making post on our thread specifically. Who ever reported or thought this is incorrect.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:37:55 PM

From the project's Discord:

@everyone post good message in our official BTT ANN thread and share a proof here with your PRiV address and you will get 5 PRiV Share proof in #deleted-channel (one claim per person)

Seems like a pretty clear incentive to me. Even if the promotion is over / cancelled, that's still at the top of one of the giveaway related channels.

JTTech

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:40:07 PM

@everyone post good message in our official BTT ANN thread and share a proof here with your PRiV address and you will get 5 PRiV Share proof in #deleted-channel (one claim per person

Seems like a pretty clear incentive to me.

That was from 2-3 weeks ago, for our OLD ANN that got deleted... and a single giveaway to only limited # of users.
That message you quoted has been gone for weeks.  That was posted in 6/02/18 before you deleted our first ANN thread.

We readjusted all rules to FOLLOW TOS RULES

We have 0 incentive for any user to make a single post on our thread, and havent had one for weeks.

Whoever sent you that screen shot/text is clearly trying to sabotage our project.

Nothing like that has been posted since.

Pablito89

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:40:39 PM

@everyone post good message in our official BTT ANN thread and share a proof here with your PRiV address and you will get 5 PRiV Share proof in #deleted-channel (one claim per person

#deleted-channel

means it is not active anymore. did you look when it was posted? 06/02/18  Undecided
we already got a deleted ANN probably for that. In the new ANN we didn't break any rule.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:45:33 PM

That was from 2-3 weeks ago, for our OLD ANN that got deleted... and a single giveaway to only limited # of users.

Yet a quote to it is still at the top of one of the giveaway related channels.

#deleted-channel

means it is not active anymore. did you look when it was posted? 06/02/18  Undecided
we already got a deleted ANN probably for that. In the new ANN we didn't break any rule.
Yet the message itself is still up. I've seen countless of clueless users interpret even more unrelated rules as a requirement to post on a topic.

If the usual money-hungry bounty hunter can interpret it as an incentive to post, I will as well.

JTTech

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:46:48 PM

#deleted-channel

means it is not active anymore. did you look when it was posted? 06/02/18  Undecided
Yet the message itself is still up. I've seen countless of clueless users interpret even more unrelated rules as a requirement to post on a topic.

If the usual money-hungry bounty hunter can interpret it as an incentive to post, I will as well.

The message is not there? Ive personally tried searching for it. EVEN IF IT IS/WAS it was a 2-3 week old CLOSED giveaway.

I dont know where this information is coming from.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:48:32 PM

#deleted-channel

means it is not active anymore. did you look when it was posted? 06/02/18  Undecided

The message is not there? Ive personally tried searching for it.

It just got wiped. Was there 5-10 minutes ago.

JTTech

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:51:46 PM

#deleted-channel

The message is not there? Ive personally tried searching for it.

It just got wiped. Was there 5-10 minutes ago.

It was a PREVIOUS MISTAKE... the giveaway is done and overwith weeks ago.

Our first ANN got deleted, and we've played by the book since then.

We had to create a new one from scratch, and now it gets deleted again due to a non-active giveaway?

We already paid the price for that, why delete us again for an old mistake.

Again there was never any incentive to posting in the NEW ANN and will never be any incentive for users to post there.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:54:10 PM

-quote snip-

We had to create a new one from scratch, and now it gets deleted again due to a non-active giveaway?

Again there was never any incentive to posting in the NEW ANN and will never be any incentive for users to post there.
If the message (that's now gone, finally) was left up, new threads would continue to get trashed. Doesn't matter you made a new one if all the incentive spammers see the message and flock to the newest one.

JTTech

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 07:56:20 PM

-quote snip-

If the message (that's now gone, finally) was left up, new threads would continue to get trashed. Doesn't matter you made a new one if all the incentive spammers see the message and flock to the newest one.

Why would they flock to a giveaway that isnt even open, active or available. There was no channel to even post "proof" for that giveaway as it was CLOSED weeks ago.  The message was posted 6/02 nobody flocked to anything based on that message.

Im sure users couldnt even see that message.

If anyone flocked to our thread it is to join our legitmate airdrop.

Pablito89

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:56:52 PM

#deleted-channel

You're a mod and I respect your decisions.
But this is not fair against a new cryptocoin that is trying to do its best.
We already had an ANN deleted with no reasons at all, and we strictly prohibited to our users to spam in our new ANN thread.
We are also NOT requiring any post in our thread from 4 months. (apparently we did at the start, it was an error)
I don't know where you found that message, but I can assure you no one is watching at it anymore!!
You can search everywhere in our discord, we DON'T require messages in our ANN!

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 08:03:26 PM

-quote snip-

Why would they flock to a giveaway that isnt even open, active or available. There was no channel to even post "proof" for that giveaway as it was CLOSED weeks ago.  The message was posted 6/02 nobody flocked to anything based on that message.
Because, in practice, that's what they do - go in, see an incentive, do the task and if they don't have a place to post their proof, they pick one at random. At this point I've seen it happen dozens of times.

You're a mod and I respect your decisions.
But this is not fair against a new cryptocoin that is trying to do its best.
We already had an ANN deleted with no reasons at all, and we strictly prohibited to our users to spam in our new ANN thread.
We are also NOT requiring any post in our thread from 4 months. (apparently we did at the start, it was an error)
I don't know where you found that message, but I can assure you no one is watching at it anymore!!
You can search everywhere in our discord, we DON'T require messages in our ANN!
AFAIK this is the first time I deleted the project's ANN. No idea who did it the first time.

If I'm not mistaken, the message was quoted in a post made on June 6th, two weeks ago. Not exactly 4 months. The fact that, despite the warnings plastered all around, the project ran an altcoin giveaway gives me no reason to feel sympathy for the "new cryptocoin".

vectisitch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:04:02 PM

so, if we take down any messages we might have forgotten and comply with the no incentivising posting then can the ann be reopened again??
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 08:05:58 PM

so, if we take down any messages we might have forgotten and comply with the no incentivising posting then can the ann be reopened again??
If none of the promotional material (website, Twitter, Discord, etc.; outdated or current) incentivizes posting, yeah, the thread's fine in that regard.

Pablito89

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:07:26 PM

If none of the material (outdated or current) incentivizes posting, yeah, the thread's fine in that regard.

that one was the only one (forgotten there) incentivizing posting in our ANN thread.
you can search everywhere in our Discord.
vectisitch (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:08:04 PM

ok, thankyou. we will look through our discord and see if we missed anything. if we missed that other message the nthat was a mistake on our part
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: