Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:09:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For the love of... don't keep your coins on exchanges  (Read 555 times)
tumokatok

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:05:20 PM

I think keep your coins in the wallet hardware or cold storage to keep it safe. I do not think hacking will stop. They will keep trying until they get everything. and we have to agree with this. Unsafe saving coins in exchange. A lot of hacking has happened, I hope it will open everyone's eyes
crypto_geeek

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:53:06 PM

I agree with you. Keep crypto currency for long-term storage on the stock exchange. But this option is not suitable for crypto-currency traders, since they need to have the crypto currency always on the exchange. Therefore, crypto-currency traders need to partially withdraw their funds from the exchange.
Aligab166

Activity: 194
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:57:45 PM

Yes, it is not safe to keep your coins or tokens in exchanges for too long. But, it may be quite difficult for the long term traders who may need to set a limit order while waiting for the order to be met. I think this is one of the major reason you will always find coins in exchanges.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:20:29 AM

I agree with you. Keep crypto currency for long-term storage on the stock exchange. But this option is not suitable for crypto-currency traders, since they need to have the crypto currency always on the exchange. Therefore, crypto-currency traders need to partially withdraw their funds from the exchange.
That is the risk they have chosen to take, cryptocurrencies are meant to be held for you and no one else, if someone else has access to your private key then you do not own any coins and leaving your coins in an exchange means that you are basically trusting that exchange to secure your coins in your name and as we have seen many times already most of the time their security is not enough to protect your coins.
MoeKaloolon

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:34:32 PM

Times without number has it been mentioned that people do not keep their coins on exchanges yet they do not listen. Exchanges are not an alternative for wallets, if you are holding your coins for a while and you are not trading the coins then you should transfer those coins to your wallet and keep them safe. Your coins are not safe on exchanges
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:46:24 PM

I keep only the coins that I have in my investment portfolio on the stock exchange. In addition to the password is also authorization through FA2, so you should only be afraid that the exchange itself will go bankrupt. And the other coins are on the Ledger.
PonyBoy

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:54:33 AM

People are thinking that the security of that exchange will be enough to protect their funds in real time. But it is not true, you can be hacked in every moment even by now. For long-term storage you must creat a wallet and keep your moneythere.
phamduc171a

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:44:51 AM

I think who have alternative option to keep coins somewhere safe, will not keep their investment in any exchange now onward. It is being unsafe day by day. And people are loosing their money and in future it will be a big issue for the traders if safety for exchange is not assured.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 03:01:43 AM

I dont have any choice because my purpose is to trade that coin to maximize the profit, and to be more safe i have been use more than 5 different exchanges and put my money in to each 20%, this is way to minimize the risk for issue of hacking on the exchanges.

lamadu3

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:22:28 PM

Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!

The best thing to do is to keep your coins in hardware wallets. I am sure that it is safest place for keeping your money untouched. But even such wallets can have security problems as I have known recently.
El Loco

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 06:41:09 PM

That's among the first rules people have to read before join crypto.

Never give yout private key and never store your coins/tokens on exchanges. The most of exchanges are centralized, it means that you (crypto holder) haven't the private key of exchange address. If the exchange closes (scam or other reasons) you can say goodbye to your funds.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:38:25 AM

Bancor exchange get hacked, and i dont why decentralized exchange also easy to hack. I dont have any choice because i want to trade all my coin, high volatility of crypto is not profitable to hold any coin. Only by use several different exchange we can reduce the risk of hack of exchange.
oholdwave@gmail.com

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:43:18 AM

I see most of the trading floors are quite safe. Some of the hats are going on, but it's not as much as hacking in the free wallets that the publishers offer
SweetCryptoNews

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:10:47 PM

People keep their crypto currency on the exchange, as they trade it on a daily basis. This is the main reason why people do not transfer money to cold crypto currency wallets.
madhukk

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

Sometimes you can not immediately sell your coins or tokens on the stock exchange and you have to take risks, although I think that all traders should know that leaving the currency on the exchanges is quite dangerous. It often happens that sellers put their coins or tokens at a fixed price for sale and if the buyer is located, the transaction occurs without the participation of the seller. This is quite convenient, so people will continue to risk, because wallets in the market are not very often and everyone hopes that it will bypass them.
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:58:29 PM

Why we should keep security tokens on exchanges if they can allows us to earn shares from company profit in future?!
I invested in Organicco project and will keep ORC tokens in my balance on website to earn more and more easiPayer coin in future.
You can do it now, this is their ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3379079
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:04:27 PM

sure. always its safe to use a wallet which you control private keys of crypto assets. so you can keep the private keys safe and you will be happy. always exchanges are risky. just use exchanges to do day trading

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
surgical_duude

Activity: 349

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:11:54 PM

Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!

After the recent security clutter, it's hard to imagine that cryptocurrency became the technology of the future. Perhaps the safest way is to store in the hardware wallet.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
ApemQ

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:19:05 PM

yes sure, very risky if someone keep their asset on exchange, the most appropriate thing is to save all personal trumpet assets, many bad experiences from some people who keep their assets in exchange, so start now be careful. consider your assets well.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:22:30 PM

If you will not let your token or coins rest at any exchanger.
how can you set a buy or sell wall then?
hackers do hack exchanges but not our wallet on the exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: