Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For the love of... don't keep your coins on exchanges  (Read 549 times)
MichleDow

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:26:20 AM

Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!
Yes, I agree with you. It is always better to store your coins on wallet from which you have a private key. On the exchange, I keep my coins with which I want to trade or shortly sell. Otherwise it is very unsafe to store all your money on stock exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:51:53 PM

For me that is somehow true because the in order to have a huge income you should wait for a longer period of time and wait the perfect time to sell it in order to obtain a huge income here in crypto.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:57:44 PM

You are right, keeping coins in exchanges is not a good way of storing coins. You do not own the private keys of the exchange wallets and does not have much control over it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:49:24 PM

I think it is better or used your investments as securities for your great future your excellence is the key to obtained a huge money
that you can used in your own future and for the community.
belomik

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:43:19 PM

I concur with you. Keep cryptographic money for long haul stockpiling on the stock trade. In any case, this choice isn't reasonable for digital money brokers, since they need the cryptographic money dependably on the trade. Hence, cryptographic money brokers need to in part pull back their assets from the trade.
blockchain-man

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:51:16 PM

Cryptographic market has many risks: fraudulent projects, hackers ... The best way is to protect yourself. Money on the exchange is also vulnerable to hackers. When I joined the deal, I was nervous until my money was transferred to my wallet.
bennybeezy

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:19:55 AM

I whole-heartedly agree with you but I would say it's easier said than done especially when you HODL like 30+ coins/tokens. It's a big PITA to download a wallet for each one of these coins, and even if you have a LEDGER or one of these 'universal' wallets, chances are you're still going to have to download individual wallets, especially for some of these smaller cap projects that will likely never get support on these universal wallets. I would definitely recommend removing coins off of lesser-known exchanges because then you're asking to lose your coins (happened to me with Raiblocks/Nano, got screwed big time by Bitgrail) but when it comes to the bigger ones like Bittrex and Binance I honesty think most people have nothing to worry about. Lastly, I'd say with BTC, LTC or ETH, or anything you're heavily vested into for that matter, yes that's a no brainer to move them off exchanges, but any other relatively small investments on more popular exchanges you can probably get away with just keeping them there until you're ready to sell.
ApemQ

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:10:10 PM

You are right, keeping coins in exchanges is not a good way of storing coins. You do not own the private keys of the exchange wallets and does not have much control over it.
indeed it is, it would be better if we menyimpat our digital assets (coin) in a private wallet, not on the exchange, because it is very risky if the exchange has been hacked
swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:14:41 AM

For me that is somehow true because the in order to have a huge income you should wait for a longer period of time and wait the perfect time to sell it in order to obtain a huge income here in crypto.
If you are there in the world of the crypto currencies and that you are planning for long term investment of money, then it is better to keep your coins in your own wallet instead of keeping them on any of the exchange. There are so many hackers and scammers around which are constantly looking for the ways to grab your money and you need to stay away from such kind of people to stay safe.
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:56:35 PM

It is funny in a way to see how people have been given the chance of not having centralisation but they are so scared that can't leave it just yet.
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:15:29 PM

Again we saw an exchange got hacked. There would be nothing to hack there if people didn't keep their coins on exchanges! For the love of Dog (lol), don't keep your coins on exchanges, start practicing safety, this is your investment we are talking about!
Following your logic, there would be no robberies at all, if people at all didn't possess any valuable things  Cheesy
Maybe it's rather the problem of the exchange that did not take enough precautions to protect the people's savings?
I also assume that hack attacks could be successful because of leak of data from the owners of the exchange..
View_style

Activity: 176

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:48:13 PM

I take the coins after the sale. But I have a small amount on the account on the stock exchange. I think it's reasonable.
Dmberum

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:50:48 AM

as I would like to think, on the off chance that it is smarter to keep the cryptographic money resources in the official wallet or cool wallet. In any case, there are circumstances where a few stages are not exceptionally advantageous and secure, so individuals are compelled to keep a portion of their benefits on the trade and If you don't exchange at that point there is no motivation behind why you should leave your coins holding tight the stock knowing completely well that the trade is the objective primary programmer.
JaekRock

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 04:03:22 AM

Yeah, lots of good wallet options out there.  As if trading wasn't risky enough, you have to worry about hacking or exit scams.  Still, if you're in the trading game, it's kind of a must to leave some amount of coins on exchanges to be able to do what you need in a timely manner.  I only trade with a small amount of my bag ever, and often it will be on 2 different exchanges until I've done what I need.  Then back in the wallet unless I'm continuing to trade it...very rarely do I ever have an amount that's not tied up in an order on an exchange.  Stay safe everybody!
briton

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:13:46 AM

indeed great risks when you save coins in exchange. Because this time the hackers are also increasingly sophisticated. could even be breaking into your account in the exchange. We recommend that you store in a place indeed is completely safe from hackers. You need to be alert to these things.
5hoursaday

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 09:01:49 AM

I don't know what exactly to say about this, but I don't think saving your coins on exchanges are that bad. Maybe it is because I store mine there, but they are just as safe or risky as the wallets themselves. If exchanges can be hacked, wallets can also be hacked. We just hope that the system is strong enough not to get hacked, and keep our details safe.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:04:54 AM

I don't know what exactly to say about this, but I don't think saving your coins on exchanges are that bad. Maybe it is because I store mine there, but they are just as safe or risky as the wallets themselves. If exchanges can be hacked, wallets can also be hacked. We just hope that the system is strong enough not to get hacked, and keep our details safe.

Thats not entirely true as the chances of losing you money by an exchange getting hacked is much higher than your wallet getting hacked. In addition, it adds the dubiously of the exchanges themselves, so out of exchanges vs the wallet, the wallet is by far the safest.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
Yujesuma

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:59:52 AM

I took after a portion of this string and it truly matters for us individuals in crypto space we have to abstain from putting away our crypto coins on trades better get an equipment wallet that will guard your coins.
Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:11:12 AM

Well yeah taking risk is part of life but one needs to be safe at the same time by being wise, getting hacked and losing coins can be costly so wouldn't you rather play safe by keeping your investment safe by letting them sit in the wallet
artemdubina88

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:50:46 AM

I myself had an unpleasant situation when hacked account on the exchange and brought $ 2000 I was lucky that the account was not verified and more they could not remove.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: