Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:41:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Across the pond  (Read 625 times)
hugofromboss (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:33:51 PM

All,

Long time lurker first time poster. For those of you that don't live in California you can stop reading.

I'm building a really exciting Bitcoin startup based in the UK along with 8 others. I'm not going to announce anything yet as we're still in stealth mode. However, I'll be in Santa Clara from the 8th of February (for a week). Would anyone be interested in meeting up? (I am going to the http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Bitcoin-Users/events/162712692/ meetup on the 11th) I'd really like to experience the Bitcoin scene out in California!

Thanks

P.s. If anyone knows some local places that take Bitcoin I'd love to know (I am aware of coinmap.org)
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:57:56 PM

All,

Long time lurker first time poster. For those of you that don't live in California you can stop reading.

I'm building a really exciting Bitcoin startup based in the UK along with 8 others. I'm not going to announce anything yet as we're still in stealth mode. However, I'll be in Santa Clara from the 8th of February (for a week). Would anyone be interested in meeting up? (I am going to the http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Bitcoin-Users/events/162712692/ meetup on the 11th) I'd really like to experience the Bitcoin scene out in California!
lol!  In California you will find no fewer than 100,000 guys building 'exciting stuff' just like you.  Unfortunately, just like you they won't tell you anything (they won't 'announce anything yet' about what they are doing.  Have fun!!!  Trust me, there is no shortage of guys with great ideas about bitcoin - and there are very few guys who have time to listen to your story - unless you taunt them with some sexy stuff first.  Wanna bet nobody responds to your offer to meet blind?
hugofromboss (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:57:13 PM

Obviously. However, if you were to take the punt and PM me your linkedIn profile, then I'd be able to show you my wonderful idea thats better than the 100,000 others guys. Not to mention the fact that; we're a team of 9, we've secured some funding already and we're almost ready to go live.

I'm really only looking to meet some other Bitcoiner's / Bitcoin entrepreneurs and "hang out", for lack of a better term to see what the Bitcoin scene is like over in California.

However, whilst I'll have to kindly refuse your wager. At the end of the day, nothing ventured nothing gained. My offer still stands.
StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:25:25 PM

It's a little OT, but you got me curious about the meetup. To my surprise the location uses the same parking lot as my gym, 1.4 miles from my home, and 1.4 miles from work. I may go just to hang out.
Guardax12

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:27:29 PM

Where in California? 

I'm located in San Francisco.  A group of us bitcoiners are going to have a meet-up later this month.

You're welcome to join us.  Cheesy
hugofromboss (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:18:15 PM

Can you PM me the details. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: