Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info Shared Send gone but Shared Coin still available?  (Read 1564 times)
Bitcoi2n2n (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:41:17 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 06:58:45 PM by malevolent

Hey,
I got a question:

Now Shared Send is gone from Blockchain. I heard they removed it due to money laundery. What I don't get is why Shared Coin is still available then since it basically is the same.

Can someone explain the difference of both and the system of how Shared Coin works? I never used it. I always just used Shared Send but now it seems like we have to jump on to Shared Coin to keep our privacy?
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:33:43 PM

Can someone explain the difference of both and the system of how Shared Coin works? I never used it. I always just used Shared Send but now it seems like we have to jump on to Shared Coin to keep our privacy?

It is indeed based on CoinJoin.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0

Reply made by piuk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.msg3467698#msg3467698
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:45:45 PM

Is shared coin  ran by the same people who own/run blockchain.info ?

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Bitcoi2n2n (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:10:10 PM

Is shared coin  ran by the same people who own/run blockchain.info ?
Not sure. I hope so.
But even if not there has to be at least some kind of a partnership or something because some sites on Blockchain directly link to Shared Coin.
banaltcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:21:11 PM

Blockchain used to be a good money laundery company, you think they don't know Shared Send is using for money laundery when they build it?

Recently FBI pushed them very hard (Shrem arrested) that's why they deleted Shared Send and also start loging user's received and destination address of Shared Coin at system background. there is no needed to mix many transactions together, because Blockchain will just show all of your receive/send logs to the goverment when asked, the same will happen with Shared Send (if its still exist)
Bitcoi2n2n (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:44:36 PM

Blockchain used to be a good money laundery company, you think they don't know Shared Send is using for money laundery when they build it?

Recently FBI pushed them very hard (Shrem arrested) that's why they deleted Shared Send and also start loging user's received and destination address of Shared Coin at system background. there is no needed to mix many transactions together, because Blockchain will just show all of your receive/send logs to the goverment when asked, the same will happen with Shared Send (if its still exist)
So we have to find a different company than Blockchain now?
banaltcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:50:15 PM

yes, we need more bitcoin laundery service and coin join service
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:57:08 PM

That's a bit too many assumptions for me to be comfortable accepting without evidence. Have any?

Granted, it's probably safe to assume that any kind of centralized solution is not a solution at all.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 07:21:02 PM

I heard they removed it due to money laundery. What I don't get is why Shared Coin is still available then since it basically is the same.

Shared Send wasn't removed for any specific legal concern, Shared Coin is replacing Shared Send as it is better technology which is more in keeping with the client side wallet approach. Blockchain is a software company not a financial institution and hence want to offer client side products only (No handling of private keys).

Can someone explain the difference of both and the system of how Shared Coin works? I never used it.

This is a good explanation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325594.msg3697300#msg3697300.

Krona Rev

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:45:08 PM

I've read that the Dark Wallet team is implementing a distributed coinjoin. Is anyone else working on a distributed p2p version? I'm not on the forum often, so if anyone knows of links to forum threads about such projects, please post them. Thanks in advance.

Promechard: Proprietary Metablock Chains for Arbitrary Data: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411974.0
nanobit

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:40:41 AM

Piuk: since Blockchain.info is not using nor offering Shared Wallet anymore, why can't you release the code? By open-sourcing it you would allow others to provide a service to the community that you refuse to offer anymore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: