Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING!!! Antminer E9+ eth asic EMAILS are SCAMS Do not buy  (Read 272 times)
shaninium (OP)

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:22:28 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2018, 04:34:25 AM by shaninium

Spread the word , another fake email with another fake miner, this time its a new eth asic from bitmain.
Sender is 
info@bitmainstech.com

Dear ---

Limited time offer for registered users!

We are proud and happy to announce Antminer E9+ (2970 MH +-5%)  Presale!

Also, as we promised, 200 $ coupon will be activated for each Antminer E9+ purchased.

Shipping date estimated:

First 1000 Antminers E9+ purchased will be shipped on July 09-13.
Second 5000 Antminers E9+ purchased will be shipped on August 27-31.

Don’t miss opportunity to get your Antminer E9+ first!

Presale expiry date is 23:59:59, 22th, June, 2018 (Beijing time, GMT+8).

Please find additional information about our offer in PDF file attached.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:17:01 AM

Yep, got the exact same scam email too, where the scammers are trying to get customers to pay for a non existing product.

Did Bitmain lose their customer data in a breach somehow? Maybe I missed that news?
mceme
Copper Member

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

From here dont want more this!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:10:27 PM

how these email know my address local ?

information leak bitmain
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:01:54 PM

Did Bitmain lose their customer data in a breach somehow? Maybe I missed that news?
If Bitmain really loses customer data, it's very uncomfortable because it has the potential to display sensitive data not just email addresses but can phone numbers, home addresses to the public by irresponsible people.

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:20:29 PM

Thanks for the warning. I didn't get the mail, but things like this are serious and people should be aware of it. Maybe it was not leak of informations on bitmain side. There is possibility that it was random, or maybe they got your emails from somewhere else.
minefreak

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:27:06 PM

Hi,
thank you so much for the tip!
I received the same email, I was going to buy!
now that I've read this I will never buy! thank you so much again!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:12:29 PM

Thanks for the warning. I didn't get the mail, but things like this are serious and people should be aware of it. Maybe it was not leak of informations on bitmain side. There is possibility that it was random, or maybe they got your emails from somewhere else.

Sure, an email can be scooped up from somewhere - that happens all the time. But my address, phone numbers etc are not spread world wide, so they appear to come directly from Bitmains databases.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:09:41 PM

Sure, an email can be scooped up from somewhere - that happens all the time. But my address, phone numbers etc are not spread world wide, so they appear to come directly from Bitmains databases.
I can only imagine how you feel, I know I would be pissed off among other things. I don't want to offend you or anything and I know its easy for me to speak, but what can I do, I'm an optimistic.
Surely this is a hard blow for Bitmain, a serious problem they will have to deal with no doubt.
But maybe its not as big security breach as we think. Maybe its only one or two stupid employees that thought they could earn some money on the side. I know this is a bit optimistic, but its still possible, right?
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:56:25 AM

E9+ scam that I received was from webmaster@bitmain(s)tech.com... now is a "common" phishing scam (other than the S11 scam)... but with our real data again! Angry

shaninium (OP)

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:40:50 AM

Hi,
thank you so much for the tip!
I received the same email, I was going to buy!
now that I've read this I will never buy! thank you so much again!

Its good to see that informing people of these scams can work at reducing the damage these scammers cause.

ica7000

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:24:31 AM

The email address that I got did not have the "s".  It was just webmaster@bitmaintech.com
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:31:36 AM

I just got this same email today.  I remember a while back Bitmain forced everybody to change their passwords.  I wonder if all the information was leaked back then and the scumbags are just starting to use the data now.  My email said webmaster at bitmaintech.com via sendgird.net. 

I also got this email from Bitmain:

Dear customers,

There has been another wave of phishing emails sent by fraudsters. If you do receive such emails offering Antminer models that are not available on shop.bitmain.com, such as an Antminer S10 or S11, please do not make any payment to the email senders.

​There are many different types of software that are able to spoof and edit the sender's email address. The user is able to configure the domain name to send out emails to appear as webmaster@bitmaintech.com.

We would like to remind our customers once again that Bitmain does not promote or solicit sales through emails or phone calls. All orders are only accepted through our official website, https://shop.bitmain.com/

For announcements and news from Bitmain, please follow our blog.

Thank you for your support and cooperation.

Regards,

The Bitmain team

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: