Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: edit  (Read 28177 times)
voileipa (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:45:19 AM

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about Smiley

1. The Debug Log doesn't work (maybe this is because there is only one connection, from your node)?
You have to be more specific. I haven't encountered any such issues or got any feedback about the debug logging working incorrectly.
2. The programme does not create a Roaming file, but loads everything in Winqt including coin.conf (can this be created, not using a coin.conf but a XXXXcoin.conf and placed in Roaming?)
The win executable searchs for default a config file named 'coin.conf' residing in the same folder as the executable itself. You're the first person 'complaining' about this so it is not likely we are going to change the default behaviour. However you can override the values with e.g. giving the launch parameters -conf and -datadir. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Bitcoin.conf_Configuration_File

3. The Winqt file looks like an ordinary Roaming file except it contains the qt-client.

But there are no files that I expected along with the qt, like:

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, libstdc++-6.dll, mingwm10.dll, QtCore4.dll, etc, etc (I just copied them from a Doge folder but you get the drift)
Hhhm.. why would you want the DLL files? There are (at least) two ways two build the windows executable: With the DLL files included/not included in the executable. Why would you want ~6 smaller files instead of 1 larger single file? To my understanding the offical Bitcoin QT release does not contain any DLL files but they are bound to the executable. (As is with coincreator) Let me know if you find a Windows environment in which our executable does not work without the DLL files.

4. there is no icon for qt file when in folder (on Windows 7 I get a black box on Vista just a space where the icon should be)
This could be a bug. Let me investigate further. When I recompiled a coin from sources the icon was there. But this was a manual compile.

In general we try to be as transparent as possible. We have the Freecoin option so people not too familiar with cryptocurrencies can figure out what really comes with our service and what not.
agodobrev

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:13:53 PM

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about Smiley

1. The Debug Log doesn't work (maybe this is because there is only one connection, from your node)?
You have to be more specific. I haven't encountered any such issues or got any feedback about the debug logging working incorrectly.

Quote from: agodobrev
When you click 'open debug log' file from the QT nothing happens. That's not the end of the world and you can open it from the dir.

2. The programme does not create a Roaming file, but loads everything in Winqt including coin.conf (can this be created, not using a coin.conf but a XXXXcoin.conf and placed in Roaming?)
The win executable searchs for default a config file named 'coin.conf' residing in the same folder as the executable itself. You're the first person 'complaining' about this so it is not likely we are going to change the default behaviour. However you can override the values with e.g. giving the launch parameters -conf and -datadir. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Bitcoin.conf_Configuration_File

I'm not complaining, sorry if I gave that impression. You would have to be more specific with your instructions, I inow what conf and data dir are but not how to change them (that is why I came to your wonderful service)

3. The Winqt file looks like an ordinary Roaming file except it contains the qt-client.

But there are no files that I expected along with the qt, like:

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, libstdc++-6.dll, mingwm10.dll, QtCore4.dll, etc, etc (I just copied them from a Doge folder but you get the drift)
Hhhm.. why would you want the DLL files? There are (at least) two ways two build the windows executable: With the DLL files included/not included in the executable. Why would you want ~6 smaller files instead of 1 larger single file? To my understanding the offical Bitcoin QT release does not contain any DLL files but they are bound to the executable. (As is with coincreator) Let me know if you find a Windows environment in which our executable does not work without the DLL files.

I don't want them, I expected them there ...if I ever market the coin I need the authentic look

4. there is no icon for qt file when in folder (on Windows 7 I get a black box on Vista just a space where the icon should be)
This could be a bug. Let me investigate further. When I recompiled a coin from sources the icon was there. But this was a manual compile.
Yes, please see if you can find a fix

In general we try to be as transparent as possible. We have the Freecoin option so people not too familiar with cryptocurrencies can figure out what really comes with our service and what not.

Like I said, it's a very good service, but I fear you think I am unhappy. Absolutely not. I'll try to better explain myself in future. Just consider that questions like these are made from a position of total ignorance, which is why things needs spelling out
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:06:51 PM

Yeah.. you know how it is..

We developers tend to "over-justify/defend" the software/applications we have created Smiley
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:18:33 AM

I still want a coin, if I launch one, how is it updated? can anybody update it? or would it be just whoever has the source could update it or fork it?

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:22:18 AM

I still want a coin, if I launch one, how is it updated? can anybody update it? or would it be just whoever has the source could update it or fork it?
You get the sources of your coin so it "can be updated". This obviously requires recompiling of the binaries.

But no. We won't do this for you. After you get the coin and sources you are pretty much on your own when it comes to "updating" your coin.

Your best option would be to check-in the source codes to a public github repository and hope you find some collaborators to make any updates to your coin you want. Or maybe you can do them yourself. (but why would you use our service in the first place if you already have the skillset Smiley)
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:08:57 PM

Finding a competent willing programmer to make updates is not easy, the old forum users here are expensive, and most guys coming to the scene are reluctant to tackle  the job and follow through, maybe that is something coin creator could add as a service?
I still want to launch a coin but I find that the coins I support always listen to the community and they have to make minor changes later.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
somogyipeti

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:17:22 PM

Yes, there is no support, that I need. After the coin start there is a lot of bugs, problem.

I'am searching a developer, who can help the full support, after when I create my coin with coin creator.
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:30:52 PM

Hhhm... It is not likely we will be offering any "custom altcoin consulting" if that's what you mean. Or at least the incentive should be very tempting Smiley

You know.. as I stated before there are already people wanting to pay 2BTC/month for just a coin support
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/sponsored-story-build-scrypt-coin-receive-10-btc/2014/03/05

voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:39:14 PM

Created a tutorial on how to compile a linux-qt wallet from the sources!

https://github.com/coincreator/tutorials/tree/master/tutorials/LinuxQtBuilding
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:46:01 PM

Seeing more an more of these type of sites popping up. Saw one, very similar to this, but they have more algo's and even pos. Any ideas of pos and scrypt-n and such on this one?

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:09:49 PM

Seeing more an more of these type of sites popping up. Saw one, very similar to this, but they have more algo's and even pos. Any ideas of pos and scrypt-n and such on this one?

It is not likely that we will add scrypt-n or pos in the future.
pure

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:12:21 AM

I am interested in creating your coins using the coincreator.

I do not know what's with my coin when the hosting of  will end.

What kind of hosting parameters will be used for my coins?
How many people can connect to that node?

You mentioned the two nodes are needed? it is only at the very beginning, later users already are, so perhaps there is no need?

Is setting daemon already gives a fully functional coin? (mining)
How should correctly set xxx.conf later if I want to buy its own hosting?
Can you say something about the configuration files for these nodes for later?

Do you perform more complicated coin? according to someone's mind?
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:16:06 PM

I am interested in creating your coins using the coincreator.

I do not know what's with my coin when the hosting of  will end.

You mentioned the two nodes are needed? it is only at the very beginning, later users already are, so perhaps there is no need?

I have created a tutorial on how to set up your own "hosting " node.
https://github.com/coincreator/tutorials/tree/master/tutorials/LinuxDaemonHosting
pure

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:13:33 PM

So I saw this tutorial and it corresponds to the part of the questions, could you answer the remaining?

I want to know the situation well and did not have a doubt.
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:38:08 PM

Hhhm.. let me try to answer the questions although some of them are pretty ambiguous Smiley

Hhm.. I'm not sure what you mean by "hosting parameters". A "hosting" node is nothing more but just daemon running on a public ip to which other nodes can connect.

Depends on your server Smiley My experience is that Amazon EC2 ubuntu micro instance can easily handle +100 connections. Obviously all cryptocurrencies are p2p by nature so the network starts to "spread" so it is not easy to give an explicit answer.

The minimum basic setting for mining requires two nodes connected to each other.

Yes.. ? I'm not sure if understood the question..

The following "minimum" configuration should be just ok: e.g.
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
daemon=1

Well not for free at least.
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:41:15 PM

Someone needs to kill this service, churning out new innovationless coins everyday Angry
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:16:16 PM

New feature added.

Scrypt with PREMINE!

The first block mined will give you as super amount of coins. (= the given premine %)

Check it out.
http://coincreator.net
alxs

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:00:40 AM

Someone needs to kill this service, churning out new innovationless coins everyday Angry

Haha! I love it
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

Well.. I think e.g. Auroracoin is "innovative" although it does not provide any "cool-new-SUPER-ASIC-RESISTANT-algos".
voileipa (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:47:17 AM

Over 500 created coins Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: