Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:12:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ive just read that Ripple coin is centralised SO ITS a scam.True?  (Read 860 times)
gpucoolingmethod (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:50:36 PM

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
      The message body was left empty.
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:54:52 PM

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
      The message body was left empty.
Confirmed: Ripple = Scam.

No doubt about it.
andhar

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:05:24 PM

Yeah and i just read that Jesus is comming back to damn those who doesn't do crack!

Link!: REMOVED
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:15:15 PM

No.  Ripple is not a scam.

I don't know what it is with you guys on this forum (and in the crypto world) and your misuse of the term "Scam".

Do any of you comprehend that scam must include intent to deceive? Intent to defraud?   Bad intent?

Ripple is a product.   Its not a scam.

Its a thing.  Its a concept.  You may not agree with premining.  But its not claiming to be a decentralized currency.

Its hoping to be a backbone possibly one day, of the established banking systems.

Maybe much more. 

But no. The company wasn't created in an attempt to defraud people.  Its just a different concept.

If you are anti-centralized economic systems, then you are "not a supporter" of Ripple.

Thats all.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:16:29 PM

Its not a scam but its not a good cryptocurrency. I think it is a nice investment.

To me, cryptocurrencies are all about financial freedom and ripple is stripping financial power away from the people.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

There are two parts to Ripple. One part is a peer to peer credit system, within which any currency unit can be used.  The other part is Ripple, the currency.  It's not even a cryptocurrency, they are just digital tokens.  Yes, they are issued by a central authority, so Ripple (the currency) is centralized.  That doesn't mean that it's a scam, but I wouldn't use them personally.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
gpucoolingmethod (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:25:58 PM

Ok I agree its not a scam but it is centralized .

Do you think people new to cryptocurrency would prefer Ripple though over Bitcoin or altcoins?
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:20:58 PM

I recommend people new to crypto currency not get involved with ripple, it is centralized with backing from wealthy investors who surprising hold large amounts of ripple. Bitcoin, especially Litecoin and Doge is the crypto-currency to get involved with.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:30:29 PM

I recommend people new to crypto currency not get involved with ripple, it is centralized with backing from wealthy investors who surprising hold large amounts of ripple. Bitcoin, especially Litecoin and Doge is the crypto-currency to get involved with.

Agreed
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:32:45 PM

It looks like you confuse Ripple (the decentralized exchange) with XRP ("ripples") the native asset/cryptocurrency there.

Since XRP are given away cheaply or for free, I would not recommend people to invest serious money in XRP - if you are just interested in them (or in trading them or other things on Ripple) they are probably the easiest cryptocurrency to get a hold of via computingforgood...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: