Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Return On Investment (ROI) Data  (Read 326 times)
coinist_io (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:31:42 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2018, 04:40:33 PM by coinist_io

Hello everyone We're a blockchain and crypto development team working on various projects. Our project coinist.io has had ICO ROI tools available for almost 8 months now, but we've never posted them on bitcointalk before. This week we've added the ability to sort ROI winners and losers based on categories which we think is pretty exciting. You can see the ICO ROI data here: https://www.coinist.io/roi/

We're currently in the process of adding many more projects to our database for analysis.

For the last year we've also been working on a blockchain project at https://hukaii.org. The goal is to bridge on-chain tokens with the off-chain value they represent. We've made a lot of progress with both of these projects over the last year and we hope you enjoy explore both in more detail Smiley 

All the best

Coinist.io Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:37:59 AM

We've also have added the ability to filter projects by year to help filter out older projects who tend dominate ROI results. This allows you to filter to see new big winners from 2017, 2018 etc.

We've also added a video screencast today, which walks you through how to view, sort, and filter the data in the tables.

We hope you enjoy the additions!

Best.

Coinist.io
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:43:49 AM

Oh okay. That's a nice initiative. I visited your site to check out the projects and I'm happy the overall statistics show that the average ROI is in green. This means if the market gets better, ROIs will even be better. Thanks for sharing that, amd please I'd love to see more coins added. Good job
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:50:51 AM

Thanks Kwabeedat. Yes, overall statistics tend to look good when all projects from all time are viewed together. And yes, we're adding new tokens daily.

We have many free charts on our website. I encourage you to check them out here: https://www.coinist.io/charts/

The charts above show Biggest ICOs, ICO growth and we even have helpful crypto indexes that focus only on tokens (not currencies). We're currently creating screencasts to better explain some of the charts and indexes. I'll post an update in a day or two when they are done.

Thanks again!
Logkalog

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:53:11 AM

thank you for info/knowledge shared by each and everyone. it is very useful for every newbie like me.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:59:35 AM

It's a great pleasure Logkalog! I'm glad you find the charts helpful. We're data geeks who work really hard to make charts like this for the crypto space, so we're always happy when we know our audience (fellow data geeks) appreciate the tables and charts.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:21:35 AM

@coinist_io

Nice! You have a great looking site with lots of useful information and statistics and all for free. Do you have any plans to make an moblie version or an app? I think this would be a great portfolio tool with all that info available.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:33:12 AM

Thanks for the kind words @sud. We'd love to make a mobile app, but our focus now is building up the desktop version first. We have many new ideas we want to incorporate into the platform to make it even stronger. Then once we have created a really strong foundation, we'll build a mobile app that connects to the data.

And yes, it's a great portoflio tool. We use the information ourselves for our own trading decisions and we've had some massive hits lately!

It's easier to make strong investment decisions when you have good data in front of you. That was the inspiration behind the platform in the first place.

Thanks again Sud
dmaurya

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:54:18 PM

Awesome tool. It's easier to track the different ICO progress chart and I love the tool provided inside Coinist Pix tool. Thank you guys for giving all this data at once place. I'm very happy with this tool. Keep it up.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:01:20 PM

Too bad, dimcoin is top 5 at the moment as the biggest loser. 😫
Correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first site to have recorded ICO ROI, right?
One more question, how often does the rankings are updated?

Edited
Wait, as far as I remember, Dimcoin's ICO price was 0.01$ and at the moment, the price per DIM is 0.006 (according to the site). The percent loss should only be 40% and not 99.39%.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:06:56 PM

I've been looking for a much better and detailed version of 100buckscoins.com since someone made it, so far this site has exceeded my expectations. I hope you continue to update the site regularly.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:19:59 PM

@Maveth13 - Tahnks and yes we update the site daily. We have been working on this project for around a year now.

@xianbits - We're looking into the dimcoin issue you brought up. The issue with many ICOs is that they often sell through stages at a different prices (presale discounts etc). Not only that, most ICOs don't follow the exact same pricing structure. Some ICOs have one pricing tier, others have three pricing tiers, while others have 12 pricing tiers.  What we tend to do is look for the average ICO price to keep the data clean and create a strong ROI standard as a reference point.

I'm looking into the % issue you brought up with dimcoin and I'll post my update in a few minutes after we test.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:27:12 PM

@xianbits

Thank you for making us aware of the issue with dimcoin. The correct data is now showing. https://www.coinist.io/roi/?token_search=dimcoin
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:46:31 PM

@xianbits - I forgot to answer one of your questions. You asked how often the rankings are update. The answer to the question is every hour.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:16:14 PM

Thank you for the work done, you created a very good informative resource for the crypto world.
This site shows missed opportunities for investment, I want to cry watching how the Nxt coin made 1,872,316.67% percent of the profit.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:08:50 PM

hahaha. @IgorShumilo. The NXT story makes many people want to cry. But I suggest you study the launch of the coin. It's actually quite an interesting and funny story. Quick history lesson: Nxt had an ICO in 2013. The ICO was poorly organized, appeared to many to be a scam, and raised just 21 Bitcoin. That’s 21 BTC in 2013 prices: about $6000. Small potatoes compared to the hundred million plus ICOs popping off these days. Nxt’s development team also went through considerably turnover and upheaval. Nonetheless, they’ve grown and survived to this day and their tech is awesome.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:52:23 PM

If you want to see the original NXT ICO thread it's here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0

The people who actually gave money to this project won huge. But read the original thread. If this was posted today would you participate? The project founder states in the original ICO thread... "At the present moment development of the software is not completed.  While I’m working on it we should start the transfer process to decide who and how much coins will get.  This will be done by sending a small amount of BTC to my own address. "

The next post by the founder talks about a strange conversation with a police offer and then he goes onto say "I will reinstall OS on my computer and will disapear for a couple of days until I find other ways to surf anonymously but without Tor." The thread continues, but it mostly goes downhill from there.

So when you see huge ROI gains on NXT on our site, it's because not many people put money into it. The thread scared most people away. Of course the people who were crazy enough to give money, got a very good value on NXT they received when the founder actually did deliver the product AND the NXT platform turned out to be incredible tech. So at the end of the day, people who supported the project got rewarded for their risk Smiley

I'm not sure what the moral of story is but I'm sure there is a lesson in here somewhere. Maybe don't write off seamingly crazy things?

Happy token surfing!
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:20:06 PM

@xianbits  - Sorry my previous answer was incorrect. We update the ROI data once / day (not / hour as I previously stated).
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:13:04 PM

We were also just made aware that NEO ICO price was incorrect. That's also been fixed.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:49:45 AM

@xianbits - We're looking into the dimcoin issue you brought up. The issue with many ICOs is that they often sell through stages at a different prices (presale discounts etc). Not only that, most ICOs don't follow the exact same pricing structure. Some ICOs have one pricing tier, others have three pricing tiers, while others have 12 pricing tiers.  What we tend to do is look for the average ICO price to keep the data clean and create a strong ROI standard as a reference point.

I'm looking into the % issue you brought up with dimcoin and I'll post my update in a few minutes after we test.

@xianbits

Thank you for making us aware of the issue with dimcoin. The correct data is now showing. https://www.coinist.io/roi/?token_search=dimcoin

@xianbits - I forgot to answer one of your questions. You asked how often the rankings are update. The answer to the question is every hour.

@xianbits  - Sorry my previous answer was incorrect. We update the ROI data once / day (not / hour as I previously stated).
Hi coinist_io! Thanks for the attention to my concern.
I would agree in using the average ICO price but  maybe it's a lot of hardwork doing so since you also have to take into account the number of tokens sold for each tier or phase to get the exact "average price". My suggestion is just use the cheapest  or the most expensive ICO price for less work since this prices are pre-determined in the whitepaper.

About the "how often do you update" issue, I just noticed in the site that you have 1 Hour, 24 Hours, and Week column. Now I'm getting more confused since you said in your latest reply that it's updated "once/day" but you have this hourly rank. I guess the site is updated hourly. Please clarify further.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐