Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:43:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I have to notify my source code if my blockchain is based on Ethereum?  (Read 105 times)
soothinggel (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:01:27 AM

This is an issue of copyright and something legal, partially linked to my previous question.

But I'm really curious about this.

This is not if I should put copyright on codes from Ethereum,
It's about if I should put my used source code 'open' to people if it is based on Ethereum.

Thank you.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:47:16 PM

This is an issue of copyright and something legal, partially linked to my previous question.

But I'm really curious about this.

This is not if I should put copyright on codes from Ethereum,
It's about if I should put my used source code 'open' to people if it is based on Ethereum.

Thank you.

Depends on the licence they use.

If you mean just open sourcing your code in general, then probably. But it depends on what it is.

If it's just code/contracts on the blockchain then I'd imagine it's naturally open and public just because of how that works.
Rocktop044

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:39:33 AM

Etheteum is both an open end software and a free software, and it us not classified as a security. L
The issue of legality is very ambiguous. As we have restrictive and permissive licences.
It all depends on which part of ethareum you want to base on, although I am yet to know of any legal issues due to misuse or abuse.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: