Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:08:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USDT - making inflation?  (Read 220 times)
raske (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:40:58 AM

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-cryptocurrencies-tether/cryptocurrency-firm-tether-releases-law-firm-report-attesting-to-u-s-dollar-reserves-idUKKBN1JG1SB

there will be another pump, but I see only a new inflation incoming

what is Your opinion?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:28:21 AM

Inflation in terms of dollar prices, that's the same as a pump. The real cost of bitcoin is deflationary in the long run. There is no printing of money like with all other currencies. That's why over time 1 bitcoin should buy an individual more and more of other currencies or goods.

raske (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:15:18 AM

Inflation in terms of dollar prices, that's the same as a pump. The real cost of bitcoin is deflationary in the long run. There is no printing of money like with all other currencies. That's why over time 1 bitcoin should buy an individual more and more of other currencies or goods.

but ther still is a printing out of theter (USDT), a token that doesnt have a back in USD $, so, cause first they print it out, than are trying to sell it for $ or for BTC or other crypto
code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:07:28 PM

I like the news background around the USDT, a typical example of manipulation. you can show this story to beginners)
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:13:40 PM

I think that's just fine, USDT is kinda legit so no worries
hentel

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:33:21 PM

I don't see any true assurance of USDT. They just keep printing it.
the TUSD have good platform than USDT. But it still new, so no more people think it can be replace USDT.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:11:58 PM

I prefer to only buy/sell with USD.  I've heard too many negative things about USDT.  There are many accusations of Tether not having the full amount of money to back their printed tether.  Even their terms say you can't redeem tether for usd so this whole situation is a time bomb waiting to go off.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 08:29:28 PM

but ther still is a printing out of theter (USDT), a token that doesnt have a back in USD $, so, cause first they print it out, than are trying to sell it for $ or for BTC or other crypto

Each tether is backed by usd but that argument actually lead to decrease in talk of real scams of tether, there is a good medium account about that.

abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:50:42 PM

The trust traders have in Tether is decreasing because of the alleged manipulation of alleged USDT into the market which I think it might be the cause of inflation.

Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:20:35 AM

I don't trust USDT. Tether has some kind control over all crypto. Imagine that Tether at some point will abandon their obligations to ensure the crypto-tokens with fiat - this will be a powerful blow to the exchanges. Bad news, a massive output to Fiat, a drop in the quotes of all the Cryptocurrency.
raske (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:06:47 AM

I don't trust USDT. Tether has some kind control over all crypto. Imagine that Tether at some point will abandon their obligations to ensure the crypto-tokens with fiat - this will be a powerful blow to the exchanges. Bad news, a massive output to Fiat, a drop in the quotes of all the Cryptocurrency.

this scenario is possible
cause banks are behid usdt, and banks love fiat, not crypto
kyle999

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:15:58 PM

The price of the usd is high and I think it's still higher and it's still a great chance to invest too many people or to traders but at the moment it's still beautiful even when it's just being raised per cents.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:58:16 PM

the problem is people forge that USDT is an altcoin not real dollars. so they think if they create more USDT then bitcoin price can be "pumped" that way but that is where you are wrong. if that was true then creation of millions of altcoins every day would have pumped bitcoin to an unimaginable number for its price by now. if it was fake then people receiving those USDT coins would have dumped then on USDT/USD market and would have crashed its price below $1.

Only Bitcoin
RockHenki

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:03:42 PM

I think there will be another pump. Inflation will decrease in the coming time and USDT will not affect too much to the Crypto market. We should discuss and give future market trends for investment. The Crypto market now has a pretty bad situation but it is challenging for many traders. If they have the patience and the risk, they will become rich.
portalufonet

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:53:16 PM

The price of the usd is high and I think it's still higher and it's still a great chance to invest too many people or to traders but at the moment it's still beautiful even when it's just being raised per cents.
There are a lot of people in my country that only trade USDT and currency fiat, they are quite successful with that investment. As the market increased they bought into USDT at low prices and sold at high prices when the market increased and demand for USDT to buy Bitcoin increased. That is a good investment.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:07:09 PM

USDT has taken over a large amount of trading volume and it's very concerning.  When tether is exposed as a scam the crash will be massive.  They are printing Tether at will and they have no legal obligation to ever take back their USDT in exchange for USD.
Osakrita

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:10:05 PM

The controversy of tether i believe has been doused a bit, I do not think there will be much negativity coming from thence.It wouldn't cause inflation
quynhtrang666

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:07:06 PM

I am very interested in USDT. As I see, whenever bitcoin increases, USDT decreases and vice versa, when bitcoin decreases, USDT price will increase
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:37:42 PM

what is Your opinion?

the answer is the same as always, if all the nonsense about USDT were true then bitcoin price should have never came down in first place. we would have continued seeing $20k and the rise would have continued since they have been issuing new coins non-stop.

and as you can see more than a month has passed ever since you posted about that nonsense article on Reuters and nothing of sorts has happened.

There is a FOMO brewing...
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:45:39 AM

I dont understanding with ecosystem of this crypto market , why Tether can printed USDT without any audit and comply AML,  Many youtuber said USDT fraud but i see all exchange offer trading pair USDT. I think we need others stable crypto that more legit like TUSD or DAI.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: