Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC - ICO, altcoins and McAfee  (Read 362 times)
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:20:05 PM

It also scares me, because most of the tokens, if the team is arrested, the project will stop developing.
So this token is going to be worthless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
petergo13

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:08:12 PM

good, hes an obvious scammer lol.
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:31:11 PM

Of course , those who violate laws are illegal. It's normal in real life and now , it happens in crypto world . McAfee seems to be scared , because he worked as advisor and media advertiser for a variety of different projects and many of them could appear to be illegal , so he is trying to secure himself now . Very predictable .
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:37:16 PM

Hello, I see a real problem that could harm a lot of altcoins or ICOs.
SEC said that Ethereum and Bitcoin are not securities but some altcoins might be.
McAfee said that he will no longer support ICOs due to SEC threats "and those doing ICOs can all look forward to arrest".

I don't know what McAfee has to do with all this. Is he the guy who promised to eat his dick if Bitcoin doesn't reach 1M dollars in 2020? Anyway, he is as irrelevant as his dick. If I'm not mistaken, currencies are not securities (and can't be), so it shouldn't surprise anyone that SEC won't accept Bitcoin and Ethereum as securities. They are virtual currencies, so why should they really? Also, besides SEC  there is also CFTC, a regulating body like SEC which is primarily involved in regulating commodity derivatives markets, and they have officially accepted the term "virtual currencies" and regulate them as commodities.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:45:18 PM

SEC said that Ethereum and Bitcoin are not securities but some altcoins might be.
McAfee said that he will no longer support ICOs due to SEC threats "and those doing ICOs can all look forward to arrest".

I am little bit afraid that a lot of coins violate the laws and may soon be worthless.
What is your opinion please?

ICOs of the past are safe the later and the ones that are to be announced yet are the once that are going to have to worry. But I don't think this is going to happen McAfee is full of shit. The SEC has been existing for all these years never had they touched anything. Singapore companies are doing ICO just like DENT, did anything happen to it? They were even expanding networks to other countries.

Growling

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:48:27 PM

Seriously, McAfee is a very strange person. I do not understand why so many people are interested in his opinion. And I'm sure I won't worry that he'll stop supporting some of the coins.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:55:07 PM

I am little bit afraid that a lot of coins violate the laws and may soon be worthless.
This has been stated so many times and if you are from US and you can't participate in any ico because you just follow what has already stated by SEC. The world is not US.
In so many times SEC has stated that this based on their regulations. it will be different if you are seeing another countries just like south korean that has already tried to create a framework regulation to legalize ICO.
Good point.
Thailand is also different from US SEC, as they are to legalize 7 Crypto in their country. Here's a link in case you don't know https://news.bitcoin.com/thailand-crypto-regulations-legalizing-cryptocurrencies/
About McAfee not supporting ICO, there will always be another influential people that will support this. Anyway, I think having them will just give a litlle effect.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
ATSgrowth (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:55:07 AM

This has been stated so many times and if you are from US and you can't participate in any ico because you just follow what has already stated by SEC. The world is not US.
In so many times SEC has stated that this based on their regulations. it will be different if you are seeing another countries just like south korean that has already tried to create a framework regulation to legalize ICO.
Good point.
Thailand is also different from US SEC, as they are to legalize 7 Crypto in their country. Here's a link in case you don't know https://news.bitcoin.com/thailand-crypto-regulations-legalizing-cryptocurrencies/
About McAfee not supporting ICO, there will always be another influential people that will support this. Anyway, I think having them will just give a litlle effect.
But I thought that he wanted to created his new ICO few days ago.
He is probably on drugs because who knows where is the truth.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:10:03 AM

Why not and besides they cannot reach that legit ico because they are not operating in the States, they are imposing something that is not within their boundary but let's see what's going to happen, although I'm a little bit concern on what's going to happen next.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:25:49 AM

Even i am thinking the same so i am creating awareness among community not investing in any ICO for certain period most of the ICO doesnt contribute anything to crytpo space . As well as these people are running away with money instead contributing to the community its really bad movement. Last year we have faced lots of price drops while china banned local exchanges then it took wings now also same hope soon will recover.
rajurathod18

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:38:09 AM

Who is John mAcfee he is not running this whole industry, if he will not support ICOs than some  other people will replace him and US citizen have to worry about SEC regulations as their boundary lies within US only. SEC should introduce new and easy process for ICO clearance and approval to change its image as crypto police.
victory.lil

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:40:28 AM

It seems that this whole situation in the crypto currency with McAfee and the SEC and in general all together is very similar to the theater with people, as if you are sitting in the hall of this large building called "Real World" and before you a fascinating story unfolds, integration into your mind of any ideas from "The author of this play"
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:43:37 AM

Yep, better get your hands off of those ICO coins now and stack more money into solid crypto like Bitcoin and Ethereum. I actually love that statement from SEC, time to weed out those people who take advantage of this ecosystem by creating trashy ICO and racking millions.

Btw, you should care less on what McAfee is saying. He's not the right guy to be heard and followed in crypto.
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:47:38 AM

I don't like the guy so doesn't bother me. Bit concerning for us guys doing bounties though, we're basically promoting investments, I don't think 'dont take this as investment advice' would hold up in court lol.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
dele4

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:55:57 AM

yes I have read the article about McAfee who decided to quit ICO world. will no longer support or invest in ICO. this is because the US is banning the development of bitcoin and ethereum, even until there is a threat of arrest from the SEC against McAfee. this is a pity because McAfee is one of the most influential people in ICO. yes we can only monitor how the next development and hope for the best.

███  ████     BAAN►X  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
v_15

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:05:49 PM

Dakuce https://dakuce.com/ is a robust and secure cryptocurrency exchange. Top-tier blockchain enthusiasts develop it. Dakuce is designed on the advanced distributed platform that can process transactions faster. The platform works on real market rates and is devoid of any manipulation. Its error management feature has been worked on higher priority to reduce the transaction time abruptly are fulfilled.

The appearance of a completely secure exchange with human factor and suitable interface will enable to draw not only thin crowd of enthusiasts but a huge mass of newcomers as well, for whom using existing exchanges is challenging.

Dakuce has highlighted the main issues of existing crypto trading platforms which remain as serious barriers for inflow of significant investment volumes to the industry from the masses.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:09:47 PM

People are so concerned about this Sec and Mcaffee its as if we are bounded by United States Law when cryptocurrency is anonymous but sad to say the market is affeced by Us restrictions and this is not good as if one country has a huge impact in the industry, I hope we can all recover.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:10:44 PM

Talking about SEC and ICO, SEC is only has power in USA. I really dont care what they can do for ICO projects on USA land. Today many ICO projects works in China and Europe, where SEC has no impact at all. Dont worry guys. McAfee is a showman, he is paid for FUD, I dont believe him anymore...
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:29:54 PM

As long as your ICO was based outside the US and you did not sell any coins to US Citizens or US residents you have very little to worry about. About the only thing the SEC might do that would affect you is banning your cryptocurrency from trading on any US exchange by declaring your coins an unregistered security. It is inevitable that regulation of ICO's will happen. But it will be difficult for the US to exert the kind of softpower they once had and bend other countries to their will.

andyosh

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:25:55 PM

As long as your ICO was based outside the US and you did not sell any coins to US Citizens or US residents you have very little to worry about. About the only thing the SEC might do that would affect you is banning your cryptocurrency from trading on any US exchange by declaring your coins an unregistered security. It is inevitable that regulation of ICO's will happen. But it will be difficult for the US to exert the kind of softpower they once had and bend other countries to their will.

I think you're right. Whilst the US is probably quite influential in the crypto space, it's not the centre of the world. There is so much documentation about doing ICOs now and whether things make the Howey test or how to discern if your token is a security and not just for getting access to part of an ecosystem. I don't understand why new crypto projects wouldn't read up about this. Also, can SEC regulation have any retroactive effect on finished ICOs?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: