Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 04:10:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOKI MINING CPU -POOLS AND OTHER INFO  (Read 352 times)
CptWhsikeyjack (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

ERC20 Address:0x09b9b7032c3ad01E42aD8A185D765a6d03

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:17:26 PM

I have mined LOKI using a proper CPU with a graphics card and also using a Laptop. I wouldn't recommend using a laptop because it would take forever to even make 0.1 LOKI but on the other hand a full fledged CPU you make anywhere from 0.5-1 LOKI a day. The LOKI community is very active. They have a TELEGRAM channel where they keep posting updates. You can join their telegram through this link https://t.me/joinchat/DeNvR0JJ4JPn6TVSQjCsZQ

The best pool to mine LOKI in my opinion is CryptoKnight and their pool address is loki.ingest.cryptoknight.cc. They have two different ports. 7731 for starting difficulty of 10000 and 7732 for starting difficulty of 150000. The pool hash rate is 2.02 MH/S.

The LOKI admins have warned against using Loki Miners Rock since that pool's hash rate was more that 60 percent of the networks hash rate and were skeptical about the pool.

The remaining pools and their associated fees are as below.

http://us-east2.lokipool.cloud/       (New Jersey, USA)

http://loki-pool.com/                     (Sydney, Australia) Pool fee: 0.7%

https://cryptoknight.cc/loki/           (Germany)

http://mining.luxor.tech/                (US / EU / ASIA/AU) PPS, Pool fee: 1% at the beginning

http://elasticpool.com/                   (US / EU) Pool fee: 1%

http://loki.lowfeepool.net/              (US) Pool fee: 0%

http://loki.blockcruncher.com/        Pool fee: 0.25%

https://loki.hashvault.pro/              Pool fee: 0.25%       

https://lok.cryptopool.space/          (US, DE, SG), PPLNS, Pool fee: 0.9%

https://loki.herominers.com/          (EU, USA, Singapore) PPLNS, Pool fee: 0.1%

https://loki.minandoando.com/       (France, EU) PPLNS, Pool fee: 0%

https://loki.fairpool.xyz/                 Pool fee: 0%

https://loki.fairhash.org/                 Pool fee: 1%

https://loki.dark-mine.su/               (EU), Pool fee: 0%

https://easyhash.io/loki                   (Germany), Pool fee: 0.77%

https://loki.mining-pool.pw/            Pool fee: 0.1%

https://easyhash.pro/loki                (EU/FR) Pool fee: 0.1%

http://loki.blockfoundry.org             (US) Pool fee: 0.0%

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:07:08 PM

I tried CPU mining for Loki, but my Ryzen 5 only got 100 HS, so I gave it up in fear of burning out the processor.  Something to do with the CN Heavy algo requires CPUs with a bigger cache.

For GPUs, I’ve been using blockfoundry.org.  Since I’m in the US and they are too, I figured I’d give them a try.  Might be my imagination, but I think I make more coins on lower hashrate pools than on higher ones, though in theory it should be the same over a period of time.
CptWhsikeyjack (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:35:48 PM

yea you get more coins mining on smaller pools but it takes a longer period of time than usual. Because you are providing substantial amount of hash power in smaller pools than larger pools your pay will be higher since each pools solves a block. Also small pools most of the times never have fees. 

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:02:52 PM

I wouldn't recommend using a laptop because it would take forever to even make 0.1 LOKI but on the other hand a full fledged CPU you make anywhere from 0.5-1 LOKI a day.
Is it really worth it? One LOKI is currently worth something around 5400 satoshi. So, you would have to run your desktop CPU all around the clock, without even covering the electricity bills. Do you expect any significant growth or price increase in the future, something that would make mining this coin worthwhile?
CptWhsikeyjack (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:45:44 PM

I wouldn't recommend using a laptop because it would take forever to even make 0.1 LOKI but on the other hand a full fledged CPU you make anywhere from 0.5-1 LOKI a day.
Is it really worth it? One LOKI is currently worth something around 5400 satoshi. So, you would have to run your desktop CPU all around the clock, without even covering the electricity bills. Do you expect any significant growth or price increase in the future, something that would make mining this coin worthwhile?

The reason i am mining is because master nodes are gonna be available soon. They did an airdrop earlier in April and they are gonna do one more some time this yea. I wanna hold enough to get a master node.They have solid plans down the line and recently they finished some updates regarding their service nodes. They are gonna release V3 of their white paper as well. I mine it because resources are pretty much free. Honestly it depends on how you look at it. They have an active team and community and down the line if I can set up a master node then it pretty much free money from then on.   

butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:50:34 PM

The reason i am mining is because master nodes are gonna be available soon. They did an airdrop earlier in April and they are gonna do one more some time this yea. I wanna hold enough to get a master node.They have solid plans down the line and recently they finished some updates regarding their service nodes. They are gonna release V3 of their white paper as well. I mine it because resources are pretty much free. Honestly it depends on how you look at it. They have an active team and community and down the line if I can set up a master node then it pretty much free money from then on.   

I see. What's the minimum number of coins needed to set up a masternode? For many of these MN, the collateral is already so high that it takes a small fortune to run one.
CptWhsikeyjack (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:30:28 PM

I see. What's the minimum number of coins needed to set up a masternode? For many of these MN, the collateral is already so high that it takes a small fortune to run one.

They haven't released any details as of now. From what I gathered they are gonna release service nodes in November this year. Around that time there will be more info regarding the number of coins required. Yea I agree that the collateral is high for a lot of coins. And even if the collateral is low the ROI is around a year. And a lot of them are out rite scams like FLEA coin. They pre-mine majority of the coins and then sell once the price goes up.

newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:46:19 PM

I saw two of the devs on Seth Estrada's youtube.com channel. One of them says that the stake in a Loki masternode will be at least 10,000 loki. They also said that they plan to add some really interesting privacy features to the network - much more than just the messaging that they initially proposed. If the masternodes have the bandwidth, it's possible Loki could be a whole private infrastructure a bit like tor. Very ambitious goals... but we Australians punch above our weight.

I have GPU mined a few hundred Loki - I thought maybe 1000 might be enough for a MN initially but after I saw this video I knew that I would be out of this game. If I had enough to invest now  while the price is low I would definitely invest in 10,000 Loki - but I can't afford that much. I will keep mining becasue I believe the project has huge potential. Honestly I wouldn't bother with CPU mining, especially with a laptop computer but it is possible if things go the way the devs want them to - this coin could be big.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
coinfused.so

Activity: 140

ZEN

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:46:22 PM

They haven't released any details as of now. From what I gathered they are gonna release service nodes in November this year. Around that time there will be more info regarding the number of coins required. Yea I agree that the collateral is high for a lot of coins. And even if the collateral is low the ROI is around a year. And a lot of them are out rite scams like FLEA coin. They pre-mine majority of the coins and then sell once the price goes up.

zencash only needs 42 coins to run a node
newmz

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:49:28 PM

a secure node right? is that actually a paying staked node though?

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
Patuba

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:54:21 PM

I tried CPU mining for Loki, but my Ryzen 5 only got 100 HS, so I gave it up in fear of burning out the processor.  Something to do with the CN Heavy algo requires CPUs with a bigger cache.

For GPUs, I’ve been using blockfoundry.org.  Since I’m in the US and they are too, I figured I’d give them a try.  Might be my imagination, but I think I make more coins on lower hashrate pools than on higher ones, though in theory it should be the same over a period of time.

Which Ryzen 5 are you using? I have the 1600XP and get between 160 and 195 H/s.
coinfused.so

Activity: 140

ZEN

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:00:07 PM

a secure node right? is that actually a paying staked node though?
define enough? Smiley Its getting rewards, but I am waiting for a price rise to sell off
Patuba

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:15:51 PM

What GPU is best for mining Cryptonight Heavy? I can find hast rates of CryptoNight and CryptoNight v7 but not Heavy.
newmz

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:23:03 PM

What GPU is best for mining Cryptonight Heavy? I can find hast rates of CryptoNight and CryptoNight v7 but not Heavy.

I think the hash-rate is similar to the other kinds of cryptonight. I get about 700h/s out of each 1070. I believe AMD cards are better but I mine cryptonight-heavy because I believe in Loki's potential and I like the low power consumption.

CptWhsikeyjack (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:05:56 PM

Yea but the ROI is like 3 years and it currently costs 672 bucks. And mining for year gives me 42 coins. Might be a good idea but need to see if i can mine it on my Desktop.

SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:45:38 PM

Which Ryzen 5 are you using? I have the 1600XP and get between 160 and 195 H/s.

Mine was the Ryzen 5 1400.  Think I was running Claymore CPU miner at the time.
BobTrade

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:19:14 PM

Guys what do you think getting a Ryzen 5 for CPU mining. I'm trying to find a good ratio between watt consumption and cpu hashrate (Threadripper consumes too many Watts) . What kind of CPU do you suggest to get good results? Thank you!
entropy0

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

Que sera sera

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:21:07 PM

CPU mining is probably obsolete now

Grow your Discord community with panda-bot! https://pandabot.fatpanda.club
CptWhsikeyjack (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:46:02 AM

CPU mining is probably obsolete now

I wanna understand something. When you say CPU mining do you mean Mining on Laptops or a proper CPU of a desktop? Because a proper CPU has graphics cards which are GPUs. So basically by GPU you mean a desktop CPU and by CPU, you mean laptop?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: