Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bytecoin Scam - A Continuation  (Read 924 times)
System96

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:51:20 AM

Thank you for this post. You really did a great job. I wanted to buy some bytecoin, as the price seems very low. But I decided to find some information about this project, and fortunately I saw this thread. How long have you been watching the team of bytecoin? Have they always spent so little time communicating with the community? I looked at the telegram chat there's only admins, team members have not contacted.

Devs have never directly contacted community admins, but when "Jenny" was sorta present in the chat, we would hear from her at least once every couple of days. Now though, they seemingly have completely given up on interacting with the community
Thanks for the answer, I understand. I just want to know more about this coin. I see that yesterday was written a new post in Reddit, in it is discussed listing on exchange Kraken. The user BCN_official, this is Jenny?

Yeah Jenny is the one that controls the u/BCN_Official account, she also controls @BCN_Official on telegram. What's odd is they post on reddit quite often, but literally haven't been in the chat since a couple weeks or more. And they haven't banned me or removed me off the site yet...it's literally been a couple months lmao
mrknc

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:07:28 PM

While I commend the OP for his work on uncovering this stuff, my question is: where is an actual scam in all of this? Seems to me the allegations are pretty much shilling on social media under aliases? Certainly, such things do not add trustworthiness to whoever is running bytecoin, but this does not constitutes scamming in my book. There are certainly many questions regarding bytecoin and what transpired this year alone, so this seems pretty minor compared to everything else.
BDRatings (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 05:18:27 PM

While I commend the OP for his work on uncovering this stuff, my question is: where is an actual scam in all of this? Seems to me the allegations are pretty much shilling on social media under aliases? Certainly, such things do not add trustworthiness to whoever is running bytecoin, but this does not constitutes scamming in my book. There are certainly many questions regarding bytecoin and what transpired this year alone, so this seems pretty minor compared to everything else.

Let's try to set the bar a little higher. The definition of a scam is - a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation. They engage in sockpuppetry and founding of a ghost company with stolen pictures for it's employees. They do not do this for fun, but to obtain other peoples' money in one way or another.
System96

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:12:39 PM

They engage in sockpuppetry and founding of a ghost company with stolen pictures for it's employees.

The premise is an anonymous, unregulated, decentralized, egalitarian technology for anyone in the world to send value to anyone else, instantly and without fees, taxation, prejudice, censorship, or undue violations of privacy.

When a person sends value, nobody except that person and the recipient have a right to that information. Governments do not like it, but value has become information.

And wait... obtaining other people's money is bad? Isn't that like, the whole thing everyone is trying to do all day, every day?

I dont see how this has anything to do with the topic at hand

While I commend the OP for his work on uncovering this stuff, my question is: where is an actual scam in all of this? Seems to me the allegations are pretty much shilling on social media under aliases? Certainly, such things do not add trustworthiness to whoever is running bytecoin, but this does not constitutes scamming in my book. There are certainly many questions regarding Bytecoin and what transpired this year alone, so this seems pretty minor compared to everything else.

I honestly don't think anything they have done currently makes Bytecoin a scam, however, their actions are a lot more than shady and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more begins to come out in the future. Regardless of scam or not, before you take a foot into Bytecoin territory, ponder for a while what exactly you are getting into.
mrknc

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:39:49 AM

Look, I don't disagree, a lot of stuff around bytecoin is extremely shady. However, given premine in bytecoin, it's no surprise they are trying to protect their identities.

More importantly, if you are doing work on behalf of community, transparency, etc, you should be a more careful in your definitions, it doesn't serve anybody when accusations are stretched beyond facts.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:32:53 PM

Look, I don't disagree, a lot of stuff around bytecoin is extremely shady. However, given premine in bytecoin, it's no surprise they are trying to protect their identities.

More importantly, if you are doing work on behalf of community, transparency, etc, you should be a more careful in your definitions, it doesn't serve anybody when accusations are stretched beyond facts.

Man you seems to not understand. They come here in 2014 and announced the coin. And only after some time it was found out that 80% of coins was mined in last 2 years. They claimed that it launched in 2014 and not 2012. IT was a planed scam. This is only reason thankful for today launched Bitmonero. If bytecoin scammers would normally launch bytecoin in 2012 and announced it in advance would be no need for Monero at all.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4923

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:40:57 AM

I honestly don't think anything they have done currently makes Bytecoin a scam, however, their actions are a lot more than shady and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more begins to come out in the future. Regardless of scam or not, before you take a foot into Bytecoin territory, ponder for a while what exactly you are getting into.

Read this thread

Blowing the lid off the CryptoNote/Bytecoin scam (with the exception of Monero)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

And if you think bytecoin is not a scam after that then tell me so I can put you on ignore along with the other morons.

Man you seems to not understand. They come here in 2014 and announced the coin. And only after some time it was found out that 80% of coins was mined in last 2 years. They claimed that it launched in 2014 and not 2012. IT was a planed scam. This is only reason thankful for today launched Bitmonero. If bytecoin scammers would normally launch bytecoin in 2012 and announced it in advance would be no need for Monero at all.

This is correct.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
mrknc

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:30:15 PM

I am quite aware of that. Maybe I'm not making my point clearly. My objections were related to the work BDRatings was doing and definitions he chose, not the history of bytecoin.
System96

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:38:33 PM

Read this thread

And if you think bytecoin is not a scam after that then tell me so I can put you on ignore along with the other morons.

This is correct.

No need to be overly defensive man, I have called out Bytecoin's bullshit just as much as you do. The reason why I don't like to call Bytecoin a scam outright is because there isn't a lot of hard proof on these things. That thread mentions no proof whatsoever, and while I don't doubt at all that the premine happened and more (i.e binance pump), there just isn't any proof. The best way to educate people about Bytecoin I feel is to just tell the information at hand and let people come to their own conclusions about the subject. Thats just my two cents though
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:05:20 AM

Read this thread

This is correct.

No need to be overly defensive man, I have called out Bytecoin's bullshit just as much as you do. The reason why I don't like to call Bytecoin a scam outright is because there isn't a lot of hard proof on these things. That thread mentions no proof whatsoever, and while I don't doubt at all that the premine happened and more (i.e binance pump), there just isn't any proof. The best way to educate people about Bytecoin I feel is to just tell the information at hand and let people come to their own conclusions about the subject. Thats just my two cents though

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!  Either your a moron or a scammer.

The PROOF is the fact they pre mined 80% of the coin and lied that it was mined for 2 previous years. IT IS A PRE MINE SCAM> Get that through your dumb ass skulll.

Is that defensive enough for you you tard?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
BDRatings (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 08:31:43 AM

I am quite aware of that. Maybe I'm not making my point clearly. My objections were related to the work BDRatings was doing and definitions he chose, not the history of bytecoin.

We have different definitions then. There are just too many separate serious issues with this project for it to escape this definition. Many oldtimers called it a scam even before I busted the whole AssetRush thing. Ask yourself why Jenny/BCN_official is still working for Bytecoin after all this and why no anonymous BCN dev have demanded an explanation from her.
mrknc

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:54:14 PM

BDRatings, it's fine, I understand your point. I would just rather have more facts and less judgements and name-calling, like the loudmouth dice-peddler above.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:11:12 PM

BDRatings, it's fine, I understand your point. I would just rather have more facts and less judgements and name-calling, like the loudmouth dice-peddler above.

Haha you fucking twat, you try to protect scum sucking scammers that steal from n00bs but whine about my making peanuts off of my years of helping those n00bs.
'
You really are a piece of shit.

And FYI, if my name is on a gambling site you can bet your last dollar it is legit. I spent 6 months vetting sites before I found one that was worthy of my endorsement and this is the only sig I have ever worn for advertisement.

BTW nimrod you can turn sigs and avys off in the CP if you can find it.

KaozTiposta

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:32:24 PM

We have different definitions then. There are just too many separate serious issues with this project for it to escape this definition. Many oldtimers called it a scam even before I busted the whole AssetRush thing. Ask yourself why Jenny/BCN_official is still working for Bytecoin after all this and why no anonymous BCN dev have demanded an explanation from her.
Keep going. I'm pretty sure you can attract many people if you keep unveiling scam projects here and warn people before they invest
galtbit

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:54:26 PM

BDRatings, sorry for my off-topic here, but could you please look into this ICO project and join the discussion there to find the truth and try to protect investors?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5059753.new#new
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:35:12 PM

BDRatings, sorry for my off-topic here, but could you please look into this ICO project and join the discussion there to find the truth and try to protect investors?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5059753.new#new

You do realize there is a system on this board for PM's correct?

galtbit

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:07:20 AM

You do realize there is a system on this board for PM's correct?
Sorry, my bad
anquang

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 01:39:10 AM

It is really a scam. I create my bytecoin BCN wallet in bytecoin.money and now I can not log in to restore my BCN. It is totally a scam project. When you buy it, its price will be up and when many buy already It will be down because It have only one Exchange Poloniex.

It can be easy to control price of bytecoin.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 01:45:25 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2021, 04:16:13 AM by owlcatz

All the real evidence from the beginning is here.

Oddly, some people think that the CryptoNote protocol was actually invented by SN, due to the similarities. Nicholas Van Saberhagen does not exist. Just like satoshi. Who knows? Tongue

EDIT - It is definitely a scam though no matter how you look at any of the Jenny bullshit. That all came later after a huge period of total inactivity by the dev team if I recall... Maybe the team sold the project to new scammers, IDK... 🤷

The real question remains however.. who is "amjuraez"?  Roll Eyes

Also, there have been no changes to any code since 2019, so the scammers may just all be huge bagholders who got scammed too, who fuckin knows lol.... https://github.com/bcndev/bytecoin

Edit:

Such articles about scammers should be sent out as much as possible. After all, if you don't spam about fraudulent companies, many newbies and inexperienced members can suffer from their scams.

Are you calling me a spammer? Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
petruxa80962

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 03:37:02 AM

Such articles about scammers should be sent out as much as possible. After all, if you don't spam about fraudulent companies, many newbies and inexperienced members can suffer from their scams.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: