Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MARKET MANIPULATION OR JUST OVER REACTION?  (Read 197 times)
CashMercenary (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:22:12 PM

I do trades when I have free time or when I got home from work. I am so sick seeing those sell and buy walls on every altcoins I wanted to trade which I understand that it was from a group of people who also wanted to buy or sell their holdings on the same price. Do you think that it this type of sell and buy walls are the reason of market manipulation or just an over reaction from those traders that are affected in FUDs and FOMOs?
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:11:19 PM

I do trades when I have free time or when I got home from work. I am so sick seeing those sell and buy walls on every altcoins I wanted to trade which I understand that it was from a group of people who also wanted to buy or sell their holdings on the same price. Do you think that it this type of sell and buy walls are the reason of market manipulation or just an over reaction from those traders that are affected in FUDs and FOMOs?

I think it is a type of market manipulation, massive buy/sell walls on crypto markets are pretty common and as old as the markets themselves.

They are considered market manipulation because they can be faked to induce buyer/sellers. I think that most of the time they are done by bots though, I have noticed that if i have a big buy (by my standards) on an order book sometimes my buy will get lumped into the wall as if the bots are creating the walls based on where more volume is.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to them man, especially the big sell walls. If the coin is legit than it will do well long term.
ZirconiumX

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:14:40 PM

Sure it is all market manipulation. I am watching crypto news all day long and my friends too and none of them selling their coins when bad news come,but some one do and when other weak hands see that they starting to sell too
Ayamj

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:17:31 PM

one thing about cryto market is that it has alot of manipulation and little bad news will just crash it, most whales what the do is that any time the want to fill their coins the create a panic and the weak hands sells off, too much manipulations
Cryptorouter

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:32:13 PM

I think it is a sort of market control; enormous purchase/offer dividers on crypto markets are entirely normal and as old as the business sectors themselves. They are considered market control since they can be faked to prompt purchaser/dealers. I surmise that more often than not they are finished by bots.
Pa1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:37:26 PM

In every year , we certainly see kind of situation like this.  Its very important time for investing and altcoins future.

gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:50:20 PM

I think it is a type of market manipulation, massive buy/sell walls on crypto markets are pretty common and as old as the markets themselves.

They are considered market manipulation because they can be faked to induce buyer/sellers. I think that most of the time they are done by bots though, I have noticed that if i have a big buy (by my standards) on an order book sometimes my buy will get lumped into the wall as if the bots are creating the walls based on where more volume is.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to them man, especially the big sell walls. If the coin is legit then it will do well long term.
That is to say that some sell walls are not real but just put there to keep the price down and make some people panic sell after too much waiting for price movement? I had an experience before now but I still don't understand what really happened. I saw this coin at 1sats then I saw a 68BTC sell wall at the same 1sat but then again how the sell wall was removed is something I don't know and that was how the coin went to 15sats. It was painful how I missed out.
Procopiogamscrypto

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:51:06 PM

Market manipulation is the number one cause of why we are facing drought in crypto because of enough resources that they have. They can easily initiate their plans to frightened the weak and sell their belongings.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:55:50 PM

Big buy walls or sell walls doesnt mean anytime for it to be called a market manipulation but somehow this thing do add up some effects in traders emotions and insights towards possible price movement later on due to those walls but ive seen a hundred times of fake buy walls and sell walls made by someone.If you are keen on observing those walls which do comes in and comes out significantly then it isnt handled or made by group of people but just only a single one which we do already know its possible motive.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:57:34 PM

Not all walls are set to manipulate market, but commonly they are . I have witnessed before walls trying to tank panic sell some  market, I know this is some kind of manipulation but it is set to counter spread Fud manipulation . But overall I do agree with you in most cases it is clear manipulation and it did not really need a genius to spot it, the way walls are set and disappear in seconds is easy to spot practice .
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:00:40 PM

Just over reaction. These times will pass. Just be patient. Good luck to everyone.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:01:58 PM

i believe crypto is most manipulated place among all financial markets. have you read article about cartel price manipulation? It is worth reading it, everything is explained clearly.
Read about Roger Ver manipulations and manipulations when BCH reached like 4 k level one day before listing
etin06

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:13:59 PM

I believe it a market manipulation.  We often see this when price is about to go high.  I think the main reason this manipulation takes place is to remove weak hand and buy cheap there after pump the price high.
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:18:06 PM

perhaps a very large player cashes slowly, then gives the market time to recover and again cash in, maybe he is not alone, it is necessary to wait
tailor.and

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:21:05 AM

I think both FUD and manipulators are having price control over bitcoin. But, these things are temporary. The price may going to increase very soon.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:28:27 AM

It is a bit of both, with us playing along, spreading the hype, creating panic, and i think we are largely contributing blindly because of laziness and a lack of education.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:32:17 AM

none of the above it is simply natural market movement.

imagine a party balloon that you fill with air. obviously it can hold a certain amount of air, but you keep on blowing in it and make it bigger than it should be, then you don't stop there you continue blowing air into it.
eventually you will reach a stage when the balloon can no longer hold that air and bursts and when it does the balloon is ruined.

that is what's happening to altcoins.  they have no usage so they have no real value. it is pure speculation. first they went up and things were fined, then they started getting pumped (that bubble that i told you about) then the pumps became a huge bubble each. eventually there comes a time when you can't hold that price high any longer and it needs to come down.

the difference however between an altcoin bubble and that balloon is that when the balloon bursts it goes to zero in a second but in a market you can't have such a fast drop because there are lots of people buying and selling at all times so the process will be slow. which is why you are still surprised each time you see another dump which is the same dump that was started a while ago.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
TonyCharls

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:13:43 PM

Most investors think that it is a market manipulation. The market of cryptocurrency is always fluctuating. This type of manipulation affects the price os cryptos as it induces other traders as well.
Brianlee0112

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:57:28 AM

These are over reaction of panicked investors I think. They are afraid of taking risk and try to sell their coin at every negative news. They are the reason for which the price falls down further.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:32:27 AM

part of it is always manipulation but nowadays it is mostly the dumping that is crashing the market because altcoins are over-pumped and that means they need to be dumped for at least another -60% to reach a more acceptable levels to stop going any lower.

for now it is best to short altcoins or if you don't like the market just sell and go out and wait it out.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: