Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:21:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency ATM in Amsterdam Airport  (Read 396 times)
Nicolaus Copernicus (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:48:23 PM

Amsterdam Airport has installed ATM that allowed outbound travelers to convert their Euros in two prominent cryptocurrencies Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Reading this news I thought its a great Idea for travelers that they can easily convert their local currencies to Global Currency like BTC and ETH. And also realize cryptocurrencies are being accepted in European region more than other parts of the world. 

News source: https://www.ccn.com/amsterdams-airport-helps-travelers-swap-leftover-euros-for-bitcoin-ethereum/
altcoinanalyst1

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:59:58 PM

Its a great news for cryptocurrency indeed as more countries are accepting it and providing facilities to the people. I think every airport should have this kind of ATM machine.
Crypto.mgt

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:43:04 PM

This is extraordinary news for digital currency to be sure as more nations are tolerating it and giving offices to the general population. I figure each airplane terminal ought to have this sort of machine. Such initiative will help the bitcoin as well as the crypto currency more popular in the future.
Gurueconom

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:50:33 PM

We'll have to fly to Amsterdam, check it out.  Grin But seriously, this news proves that the development of the cryptocurrency in the world is in full swing.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:51:59 PM

This is a great news for the entire cryptocurrency world and I think other countries will also emulate Netherland in its move to promote the adoption of cryptocurrency.

hasimkamal

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:01:54 PM

European countries are in leading position in crypto currencies and this is an example of this. Airport is the best place for this kind of ATM. People around the world will go there and can convert their local currencies in BTC or ETH, this is real GEM.
Karina 3340

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:34:18 AM

Yes, I heard that at the Amsterdam airport in Schiphol, we installed a test crypto cash machine. The device offers users two leading crypto-currencies - Ethereum and bitcoin. This is cool Smiley
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:00:24 PM

Amsterdam Airport has installed ATM that allowed outbound travelers to convert their Euros in two prominent cryptocurrencies Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Reading this news I thought its a great Idea for travelers that they can easily convert their local currencies to Global Currency like BTC and ETH. And also realize cryptocurrencies are being accepted in European region more than other parts of the world. 

News source: https://www.ccn.com/amsterdams-airport-helps-travelers-swap-leftover-euros-for-bitcoin-ethereum/
Good idea, since travelers will not be able to use that currency anymore after they leave that country why not just convert it in cryptocurrency which can be accessed anywhere you are and be able to sell it when you got back home. But would be better if the airport will also implement a payment system using those cryptocurrency like what australian airport did.
GameOfBit

Activity: 275
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:23:41 PM

Yes, I agree that such ATMs should be installed in each country, not only at the airport, but also at railway stations.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◯ ●     REPME     ● ◯ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██    TWITTER    █ ▌  WHITEPAPER  ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
TonyCharls

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:19:05 PM

Whoa! That's a great news. Now the passengers can instantly convert euros into cryptos. In this way, cryptos will get more exposure and more people will be interested to invest on cryptos.
fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:27:30 PM

This is a great news for crypto community and this is one of initiative that would be follow by other devs and company related to crypto for easily access by the public.
This will be a stepping stone for the mass to adopt crypto hope other cities in the world will have this.
CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:33:52 PM

This is very good news. I remember there was this project Investaco. There was something like that. Such terminals I think will contribute to the fact that people who do not know anything about cryptocurrencies will be interested in it.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:36:35 PM

Seems neat, but I don't know why there would be a demand for something like this in the Netherlands. Maybe it would have some value when it comes to international or intercontinental travelers that don't want to have to pay for the currency conversion rates when they go between Europe and where-ever, but I have no idea. It doesn't seem like the EU overall would benefit from this, but good for them for trying to take the initiative. I have to respect the attempts companies are making to try and get people interested in crypto (again), even after everything that's happened.
hall16

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:46:12 PM

Wow cool. Does the ATM machine convert/exchange from cryptocurrencies to fiat also?
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 05:43:12 AM

Very interesting news for me. I think in the near future will start installing such ATMs in all airports and other public places. It would be very convenient.
petloer

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 10:19:25 AM

Another crypto ATM establisment news. This is really great. Hope this will have some good influence in crypto market. This adaption and acceptance of crypto is really great.
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:37:58 AM

In a few weeks there will be Dether mobile dapp release, then every person at any airport can be an ATM. That is, sell or buy crypto directly to each others using cash. Everyone will be able to turn on the dapp for example at the airport and see on the map how many around the people-ATMs Smiley

michaelzagoskin

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:43:28 AM

In a few weeks there will be Dether mobile dapp release, then every person at any airport can be an ATM. That is, sell or buy crypto directly to each others using cash. Everyone will be able to turn on the dapp for example at the airport and see on the map how many around the people-ATMs Smiley
That's interesting. I'm afraid in some countries it will be used for evil. For example how was the bullies that put feeders in Pokemon GO and expect it to fit people with phones.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:26:57 AM

Good idea, since travelers will not be able to use that currency anymore after they leave that country why not just convert it in cryptocurrency which can be accessed anywhere you are and be able to sell it when you got back home. But would be better if the airport will also implement a payment system using those cryptocurrency like what australian airport did.

The idea is intended for visitors who leave the country to go back home, but it's also very interesting for Dutch people who want to travel to countries outside the European Union because they can exchange their currency through BTC or ETH in the country of destination, and even, in the event that they travel to Japan, they can use BTC to make any purchase in the country.
reflectcrypto

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:49:08 PM

wow. Thats a realiy great news. It will be a great help to the users. I think its will be not late when every cryptocurrency supported country will install cryptocurrency ATM in their country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: