Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On which basis ICO or tokens get ratings  (Read 166 times)
huntingbtc5 (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:10:36 PM

There are many websites like ICObench, ICOratings that make a list of new coming cryptocurrency and ICO and sorted them out by ratings which they gave to the ICOs. My question is what are the factors that they examine to rate those ICOs. Anyone can help me.
Thank you all. 
elpsycongro

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:14:27 PM

There are many websites like ICObench, ICOratings that make a list of new coming cryptocurrency and ICO and sorted them out by ratings which they gave to the ICOs. My question is what are the factors that they examine to rate those ICOs. Anyone can help me.
Thank you all. 
I do not believe in those ratings, most of them are bought. ICObench is not good at all, for me the best option  is icodrops to check projects

Ilmiyati

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:18:30 PM

They usually judge an ICO from many things like: team, goal, development, roadmap planning and so on. But today many ICO websites are wrong in judging a project, sometimes they give a high score for an ICO scam
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 05:21:43 PM

Thank you all. 
You can watch the list that they offer to examine. They are often: Team, Website, Whitepaper, MVP, etc. Then their "experts" will based on that factors to give scores for a project.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:25:32 PM

The basis they use to rate those ico includes the product, they will check the product the team is trying to build, then they will check their team to know if they have the experience to build the project, they will check their token allocation and lot of other things,
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:27:51 PM

Thank you all. 
I don't believe these sites because currently many sites are working on Money basis so they don't judge properly in ICOs. But we should analyse the white paper, Road map and developing team that is the factor to predict the good project or scam one. So don't trust the Ratings of project because not all are properly given to them.

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:28:34 PM

Thank you all. 

Those sites used several factors which would include but not limited to the composition of the team, how workable is the project, the duration, the ROI, road map etc but above all, is the interest of the person doing the review and his involvement in the project which nullities all of the objective argument that might have been put forward and the disclaimer they always put in their review is what makes me to be skeptical because they cannot be held responsible for any loss that arises for relying on their reviews and making a decision.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 05:30:23 PM

Thank you all. 

I think its just a waste of time, all ico reviews that lists upcoming cryptocurrency and ICO and sorted them out by ratings  are all paid.
and according to business words, you cannot be paid and give a bad review

So do your own research, find out about the project, look into their team and finally decide after alot of done job what to do about the project.
In crypto currency 2018, you can only help yourself.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:36:43 PM

Thank you all. 

They list different factors, but that doesn't really matter. Ratings from those sites are bought. The higher a company pays the better the ratings and reviews. ICOs can even make them publish exact words comming from the company itself. This has been proven multiple times, so don't even bother with their reviews and ratings.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:38:58 PM

The more I look at these countless ICOs, the more they all appear the same.

I mean, there's not much to examine. The same old lingo, the same old ideas recycled.

If I were to judge them I would put the greatest emphasis on the quality of the whitepaper.

But the ranking sites mostly concentrate on the amount of money the ICO managers are willing to give them.

Check out this medium article to see how easy it is to manipulate ICO ratings.

Not that I blame them or something. Just saying.
radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:39:56 PM

I think they are looking at their team members and based on that they are giving ratings.
I don't see any other way, every idea is good idea if it can be performed well.
kayakcrypto9875

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:47:44 PM

I think they rate this by examining team members of the ICO. May be the sites also get paid to rate certain ICO.
hasimkamal

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:50:23 PM

The ratings are not always true. These days some scams are getting high ratings. Some sites are taking money for these illegal ratings.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:51:24 PM

Personally I don't reckon with those ICOs raters I researched on Google and read whitepapers, members of the team, the project as a solution to the society and it was recently established that some of these ICOs raters do collect bribe to rate and give good reviews to some undeserving ICOs.
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:58:49 PM

in the form of project objective factors about the information and the people around who are responsible for the project as well as the allocation of tokens that will be offered in Ico later and determine the time when the implementation of Ico will be in the start ..

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
coralwoods18

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:00:01 PM

Me personally actually do not believe on those ratings also. As this are websites and they need to earn somehow they will not hesitate to sell ratings. The best is to investigate the project personally.  
CurrencyIntel

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:12:47 PM

Actually there are many things to consider. The premise they use to rate those ico incorporates the item, they will check the item the group is attempting to manufacture, at that point they will check their group to know whether they have the experience to fabricate the venture, they will check their token portion and parcel of different things.
salinaangel

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:47:48 PM

If you want to judge any particular ICO you need to check out their performance, customer feedback, website etc. But your rating is not always true.
TomCarpenter

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:54:19 PM

Well, there are many points that work behind the rating of ICO. the most important point is the demand and the supply of tokens. Among others, scalability and liquidity also play major role.
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:44:32 AM

Wow, I advise you not to use icobench.
Most of the time the site's ratings are not objective enough, and many are paid for.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: