Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:35:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about creating your own erc20 Token  (Read 109 times)
Playboi (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:19:35 PM

So I was on fiverr and noticed a bunch of sellers offering this service. It made me think "how easy is it to create a token if it is this readily available on Fiverr". Gig prices range from 20 - 600ish. Does anybody here have experience with creating an erc20 token on the ethereum blockchain?

Can somebody break this shit down to me? How much of an investment is needed to have just the token (not logo, not marketing, not all of that other shit)

I'd assume that these have the potential to get hacked easy and may have some security issues, but i don't know.

gig examples:

1) https://www.fiverr.com/visioncreators/make-erc20-token-on-the-ethereum-blockchain
2) https://www.fiverr.com/blockchainguru/create-your-erc20-token-on-ethereum-blockchain
3) https://www.fiverr.com/lavimalik/make-erc20-standard-tokens-on-ethereum-blockchain-3066aff9-43fb-49e0-84b8-826f23565193

and wtf is solidity
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:01:07 PM

So I was on fiverr and noticed a bunch of sellers offering this service. It made me think "how easy is it to create a token if it is this readily available on Fiverr". Gig prices range from 20 - 600ish. Does anybody here have experience with creating an erc20 token on the ethereum blockchain?
Obviously if such a gig is being offered on Fiverr (knowing the price range of their gigs), it shouldn't be so hard to implement a basic ERC-20 token functionality.

I'd assume that these have the potential to get hacked easy and may have some security issues, but i don't know.
Smart contracts are a nightmare when it comes to security, no doubt about that.

and wtf is solidity
Solidity is the actual programming language (a mixture of python, c++, and javascript) that is used to build these smart contracts on top of the ETH network.
Playboi (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:44:33 PM

Obviously if such a gig is being offered on Fiverr (knowing the price range of their gigs), it shouldn't be so hard to implement a basic ERC-20 token functionality.

Smart contracts are a nightmare when it comes to security, no doubt about that.

and wtf is solidity
Solidity is the actual programming language (a mixture of python, c++, and javascript) that is used to build these smart contracts on top of the ETH network.

Thanks, very helpful reply. Do you know the process of this whole thing?

I'm assuming it goes something like

create token
create whitepaper
run ICO
raise funds
apply to be listed on exchanges
get listed
exit scam (sarcasm)

I am trying to dig up articles but not getting lucky with it
TheBiochemist

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 01:52:11 PM

It is easy to get your token running, you need no network no ecosystem nothing!
The code is avaliable, just rename it and set variables. Watch IvanOnTech do it in 10 min, just a few clicks and your token is live on the eth testnet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EipPVafsA

A good way to learn the basics, make a contract and get it live!

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
Playboi (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:21:02 PM

It is easy to get your token running, you need no network no ecosystem nothing!
The code is avaliable, just rename it and set variables. Watch IvanOnTech do it in 10 min, just a few clicks and your token is live on the eth testnet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EipPVafsA

A good way to learn the basics, make a contract and get it live!

wow, thank you so much for that video. If you have any other links. i'm all ears
Playboi (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:03:50 AM

Just want to see if anyone has done this before?
alex_sysadm

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:13:28 PM

I can create for you token and crowdsale contract.
Contact me in telegram: @alex_sysadm
cctv0

Activity: 344
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:18:44 PM

With the development of encryption technology, this industry has created a very large industrial chain. There are good and bad things here, these are the necessary stages of an industry development. I believe that one day the good development of encryption will be regulated by the state, and these bad industries will naturally be eliminated.

Playboi (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:29:46 PM

With the development of encryption technology, this industry has created a very large industrial chain. There are good and bad things here, these are the necessary stages of an industry development. I believe that one day the good development of encryption will be regulated by the state, and these bad industries will naturally be eliminated.

that sounds accurate

Does anybody know if the coins created on ERC20 are Anonymous coins?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: