Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin is now infinite!  (Read 4685 times)
Kasym

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:40:53 AM

Naysayers have one thing in common; they all are imagining a closed scenario with relatively few players present. Rather, think of the exponential involved when it becomes picked up by 10, 20, 50 000 people at once. The Olympics will create news coverage. Developing countries will prefer the lower cost, hell, we all will. This coin is entering the collective 'nousphere', at least for a short time, and that may be all there is to it, I'm afraid.

The steady production of doge to infinity is nothing compared to the rampant and baseless production of currency by every freaking central bank there is. This means that no matter how 'austere' the fiat markets become, doge will remain relatively deflationary.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:43:51 AM

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

they are three now, with doge lol
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:33:41 AM

im glad i saved some coin.  Cool

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
LindsayJewels

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:54:11 AM

It is only speculation what the future holds for doge with an unlimited ceiling. There are good arguments on both sides of the fence. One thing is for sure come tomorrow (or the next day depending on where you live) when the 2014 Olympics start there will be HUGE media coverage of dogecoin.

Future or not it would be highly advised to either buy or hold what dogecoin you have because the price is going to skyrocket.

lonesoul

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:57:39 AM

Good news for Doge, shame the person that did the article over estimated bitcoins total amount >.< seems like we get somewhat uneducated people writing these posts which is kind of annoying >.<

anyway well done Doge!

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:03:23 AM

congratulations! To the moon!!  Grin Grin

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
LindsayJewels

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:06:01 AM

here is info for why dogecoin will never be used as a real currency, read carefully

http://www.marinecoin.org/#!commonwealth/c13ls

Whoever created that post needs to learn to spell especially if they are trying to get a point across. Your statement "dogecoin will never be used as a real currency" falls into all cryptos at the moment. None of them are real currency Tongue. Regardless I just bet my left boob on doge. I am either going to bank like mad in the coming days or take the next 10 years to pay off all my creditcards I just maxed on VirWox. Not to mention their ridiculous fees.

I believe it will pay out. At least in the short term!
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:17:46 AM

Dogecoin seems to have their strategy for long term success just about perfect. One of the more interesting things I've noticed since the announcement on Sunday is that a number of places that are usually very anti bitcoin are much more receptive to a crypto currency that is managed in a similar way to actual money. 

One of my favourite comments came from the Ars Technica article:

'I am confused by the combination of (1) serious economic strategies meant to make this a viable currency long-term, and (2) the fact that it's named after a shiba inu internet meme. '

I don't think the Dogecoin team need the support of gold bugs, bitcoin obsessives and financial collapse doom mongers that only care about having a deflationary hoard.  These people represent a tiny fraction of the populace.  Bitcoin may have 2 million users (generous upper estimate), Facebook has over 1 billion. 
F9F0F

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:24:29 AM

It's quite interesting how old news becomes new news. In two-three month this cycle is going to occure again.

LindsayJewels

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:32:10 AM

Short term yes, you can you probably will make a return some kind.

The primary reason I created Marinecoin was dogecoin. when it first came out I saw the potential bought 20 BTC worth doge, crazy right. it went all the way down to 5 BTC in two days, I made money on it finally sold for 30 BTC but the waiting was ugly.

I finally understood that the exchanges were scam they did not allow me to sell at large amounts changing bid and ask when I put the sell order etc. I was so pissed I was working on a regular coin myself at the time and then it dawned on me. I work with formulas mathematics I set down two months with 4-5 hours of sleep, came up with a better way where no one will be ever scammed.

ah, so your post had a huge agenda. You run the site. Check the spelling on that post Smiley. It is not crazy to buy 20BTC with dogecoin at all. I have close to $15,000USD dumped into doge atm. I will drip the sell orders as not to cause any type of major dip like some jerk ass's do. I don't want to mention what exchange I use but I find it fantastic. Buy orders can get a little annoying when day trading and there are some quirky bugs with sessions but overall I trust it enough.

You do need patience in such a volatile market. When testing doge/btc I was mad when I bought at 150 and watched it sink to 130 with only 1 BTC a few days ago. I never let my emotions get involved and just held my sell order and eventually it let go. I wanted away from doge until I did some massive research on it and found out that dogecoin helped Jamaican Bobsledders get to the Olympics.

That will be mentioned at the Olympics for sure. Anyone that trades on any other markets knows what happens with huge positive media coverage applicable to what they are trading.

I think there will be overnight millionairs when it peaks. The bubble will burst and doge will settle but never at what it is trading now. These will be the good ol days.

This is just my opinion based on my research and not financial advise. if you cannot afford doge don't buy into it. If you have some capital to invest go for it.
LindsayJewels

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:22:33 AM

I don't think crypto bubble will resemble the previous 2000 stock market bubble or the real estate, there will be many many road blocks by the governments if it gets too big and that will be overnight. Plus the security issue is huge, you put all the money on exchanges where non of them are regulated or insured. If someone gets into their server and steals the wallets there will be billions lost, don't see it happening. I think it will be slow growth because of the technical aspects involved with crypto.

sorry for the grammatical errors, I am sure there are many Smiley

Oh, your concerns are completely valid and there are many more. Regardless the opportunity to trade is here in our face. Play it smart and fast. I don't keep any of my coins idle on a market unless I am sitting in front of it or it happened to be a bad sell order. I lose on tx fees but I would rather lose that than an entire wallets worth.

I like doge. I didn't at first but I see value in it. Regardless of face value
Sm3cK

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:16:27 PM

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Did you know that Einstein actually never said that ?  Roll Eyes

Help me getting my first 3d printer  ! Feel free to make donations to help me start a new job !  BTC : 1BQ84bNHYfVpJ6WGLMc3a79hB8ZDPZ6bYg - DOGE : DLDUZc487sK3MBjEHbkedH6vuWcCMynrjb - LTC : LTFjf3xY2j116syzd17UPrt3KfdPfL4fJ1 Every bits helps !
paradoxcoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:43:00 PM

what a provocation! what is the max supply will be if not 100 billions?
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:50:57 PM

Here's an article about the implications of this recent change to Dogecoin.  I think this is a huge time for Dogecoin.

http://www.thedailycrypto.com/2014/02/dogecoin-no-longer-at-fixed-cap.html

I actually prefer infinite then fixed, cause you don't want the miners to stop mining it Smiley
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:52:35 PM

but we already have feds to thank that

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
jinjuro

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:20:24 PM

I thought infinite currency  was trademark by us dollars.
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:27:00 PM

I thought infinite currency  was trademark by us dollars.
dogecoin dont need Iran oil  Grin

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:37:51 PM

I hope someone holding billions of doge will show you how to dump it in one day to 1 satoshi...

In Pump and Dump we trust.
UltraPleb

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:48:06 PM

Like others have said, this is a problem that Bitcoin is likely to face that Dogecoin has already solved.
rix5

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:09:49 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 08:10:44 PM by rix5

i would be upset if a coin i invested in was marketed in the beginning with lines like 'soon all will be mined' an such and then at a sudden it is infinite.
Don't the holders feel screwed, scammed, betrayed a bit? I certainly would and am happy now i didn't buy any.
If you want money for circulation buy freicoin. At least the logo is not so stupid and the devs knew before they  started what they wanted - inflation or deflation.

So investors are at the merci of the devs who can decide to switch from inflation to deflation again and back and forth as much as they want since everything is an experiment anyways? Looks very amateur to me.
Sudden changes like this upset people and drive them away from crypto all together since the investor doesn't know what will be changed next. Coins that change the rules in the middle of the game? Are you serious? Is this how you build trust?
Devs should have released a new coin instead of making that dramatic changes. What would you say if btc no longer was capped? rofl. Well screwed up.

So essentially hoarding doge now became pointless since it is now infinite and you can always mine as many as you need. Poor bagholders.

The deflation of btc and other crypto makes it an excellent store of value. If you want inflation pump USD. It is already fully adopted and accepted all around the world also less volatile. USD is in that sense far better than doge. May i ask what advantages does doge have over usd and/or other crypto now? Is it the in-between-undecided-joke-coin for the clueless? Admit it already. We'll see it fade out as soon the meme has worn out, i am sure.   I just hope the damage for the reputation for crypto in general can be contained to some degree. Doge dies the second the marketing stops. That is more ponzi than any other crypto, i think.

I wonder how long it takes for the long-term-guys to realize that their investment has been devalued and how high the dead cat will bounce.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: