Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Week (Newbie) Experience  (Read 312 times)
nngella (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:41:19 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2018, 01:46:44 PM by nngella

I just want to share my own experience of being a newbie in this forum.

I learned this forum from a friend saying that I can earn money from being part of airdrops and bounty campaigns.
So I jumped directly to Bounties(Altcoins) to join.

And guess what?! Sad
I saw the list of participants (the spreadsheet) and I am the only one that has a different ETH address.
I ended up joining about eight bounty campaigns and a lot of airdrops only to find out after a week that I am giving my ETH private key instead of my ETH address during the enlistment.

That is not the end of it  Cry
After contacting the bounty managers to replace my ETH address because I gave away my private key, I noticed that my bitcointalk profile url is different also among the others.

I learned so many things in these experiences.  And as an action to repent to my sins (sins of not reading enough  Tongue), I started doing the following:
  • Always read the pinned post!  The basics are very important because it will save you the hassle of making a mistake (please learn from me!).
  • I am now reading Beginners and Help and learning a lot especially from the dedicated and patient high-ranked members of this community.  They really took their time to answer every queries (even though most of them are just repeating questions).
  • I am also into altcoins so I always go to Altcoin Discussions.  I am so fascinated to witness startups with innovative and wonderful ideas.  There are so many startup companies there discussing their visions and their creativity in helping the society through the solution offered by their company.
  • Local boards are also wonderful.  In my case, I always check the local board to see the future of cryptocurrency in my country.  There are posts about the latest news regarding the steps taken by the government that may cause great impact to the cryptoworld.

As you explore more of this forum, you will learn that earning money is not the main contribution that it can give to you.  Having a pool of people gathered in one place (in Bitcointalk) who are passionate enough to share their knowledge and experiences in order for others to learn - I think this is beautiful.

See Also:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:55:31 AM
Merited by BQ (1)

I learned this forum from a friend saying that I can earn money from being part of airdrops and bounty campaigns.

🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

Seriously. People should stop advertising bitcointalk as a "moneymaking" site.

And guess what?!  Angry
I saw the list of participants (the spreadsheet) and I am the only one that has a different ETH address.
I ended up joining about eight bounty campaigns and a lot of airdrops only to find out after a week that I am giving my ETH private key instead of my ETH address during the enlistment.

This is what happens if you join bitcointalk with a primary reason of making money. Always try to learn things first before going diving in. Well, at least you realized your mistake.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:27:54 AM

I was going to give you a merit for your post, but I see that you are still flying a bounty signature, so that still seems to be your primary motivation.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
nngella (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:59:45 AM

I was going to give you a merit for your post, but I see that you are still flying a bounty signature, so that still seems to be your primary motivation.

I just became a Jr. Member on the other day, 20 June 2018 I think?, and joined my first bounty signature today (before making the post) and hopefully it turns out well.  I am part of the social media campaign (all of them are facebook campaigns).

I just shared my experiences so far in joining and committing some mistakes.  I did not experience getting some earnings yet.  By the time I get my first earning (hopefully soon and the amount to be substantial), I pray that I will share my acquired knowledge by then by making another thread  Grin.

nngella (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:45:37 PM

And guess what?!  Angry

This is what happens if you join bitcointalk with a primary reason of making money. Always try to learn things first before going diving in. Well, at least you realized your mistake.

I really made a newbie mistake but I am still glad that I learned some things that will serve as my foundation for my future endeavors in the cryptoworld.  I am still learning and taking it one step at a time.  Cryptocurrency is a big subject which makes it hard for me to remember all the information related to it.

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 01:56:08 PM

<...>
<...>
After contacting the bounty managers to replace my ETH address because I gave away my private key, I noticed that my bitcointalk profile url is different also among the others.
<...>

Seriously dude!!! It has nothing to do with reading pinned posts etc. as you mentioned. It's related to the basic intelligence! LoL! I really suggest that you do some research before joining any campaign. The most of alts/icos are a scam, so you better prepare for worthless coins or futile work.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nngella (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

Seriously dude!!! It has nothing to do with reading pinned posts etc. as you mentioned. It's related to the basic intelligence! LoL! I really suggest that you do some research before joining any campaign. The most of alts/icos are a scam, so you better prepare for worthless coins or futile work.

I am very meticulous on joining signature campaign because you can only join one signature campaign for an average of 2 month period.  Hence, I really do some researches and read a lot.  I do not want to waste my effort joining a scam.

nanasei

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:23:16 AM

Newbie mistakes are seen as a learning process to something hard to achieve.Those who survive all the mistakes become good in dealing with cryptcourrency.
nngella (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:56:15 AM

Newbie mistakes are seen as a learning process to something hard to achieve.Those who survive all the mistakes become good in dealing with cryptcourrency.

Indeed! Experience is the best teacher after all.  As I quote one of my friends "let someone has his/her own winter".

yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:50:27 AM

That's good. The crypto community is a hugebone and Bitcointalk platform gives you the opportunity to learn so much. You're welcome once again to this platform, and by the way we are all learning new things everyday.

RAMSHIVDEEPAK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:21:33 AM

And guess what?! Sad

I learned so many things in these experiences.  And as an action to repent to my sins (sins of not reading enough  Tongue), I started doing the following:
  • Always read the pinned post!  The basics are very important because it will save you the hassle of making a mistake (please learn from me!).
  • I am now reading Beginners and Help and learning a lot especially from the dedicated and patient high-ranked members of this community.  They really took their time to answer every queries (even though most of them are just repeating questions).
  • I am also into altcoins so I always go to Altcoin Discussions.  I am so fascinated to witness startups with innovative and wonderful ideas.  There are so many startup companies there discussing their visions and their creativity in helping the society through the solution offered by their company.
  • Local boards are also wonderful.  In my case, I always check the local board to see the future of cryptocurrency in my country.  There are posts about the latest news regarding the steps taken by the government that may cause great impact to the cryptoworld.

As you explore more of this forum, you will learn that earning money is not the main contribution that it can give to you.  Having a pool of people gathered in one place (in Bitcointalk) who are passionate enough to share their knowledge and experiences in order for others to learn - I think this is beautiful.

See Also:

YOU SHOULD MOVED THIS THREAD TO THE OFF TOPIC, this is not the right thread to share your experience.
NickVasilich

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

Harmony Team

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 11:18:17 AM

And guess what?! Sad

See Also:

As you see every Newbie becomes Junior Member. My congrats to you!

And I also remember my first experience as the bounty hunter. It's was full of mistakes and emotions - negative and positive)!

But only one thing made me happy - when I had received my first income. Really in the current situation, almost every bounty campaign brings only tokens, but not the profit. It's very sad - but it's temporary. The question is "How long temporary?"

But even in such conditions, thery are few ways of getting already listed coins. And it is totally true. You can ask me what I mean. My answer would be: "You have to spend a lot of time sitting in front of your pc and digging information. And even in this case, you might find nothing deserving your attention."

So, my friend and all Newbies visiting this thread, and not only Newbies, keep your attention on this coin https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/latiumx/

Unfortunately, they had completed their Bounty campaign, but even now every volunteer can earn this coin easily. Just join this platform via my referral link https://latium.org/welcome.html?welcome_id=b04oDBgm

If you don't want to join using my referral link, follow the main link of the Latium platform https://latium.org - for me it's doesn't matter, for you it's will bring solid profit.

For getting more information about the project - visit >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=610614.0

PS

I'm using this platform and post tasks for bounty hunters there, so I'm interested in that a lot of bounty players accomplishes my tasks!

nngella (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:41:31 AM

Your post is a spam.  Please avoid it and never do it again.  I already warned you and replied to your post in one of my threads.
You are already a member hence you should not commit this kind of mistake.

IsusCu

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:14:25 AM

Why does that matter? I came to BCT for the same reason but now I'm starting to see this forum as very useful and using it to find and give information a lot more often than before.
chechecuera

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:26:40 AM

Thank you for your sharing..  It is really true, reading is the most important thing we should make before doing any actions that we are not so familiar with... And Im glad that I read your post!  Good luck to all of us!
nngella (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:27:20 PM

Thank you for your sharing..  It is really true, reading is the most important thing we should make before doing any actions that we are not so familiar with... And Im glad that I read your post!  Good luck to all of us!

Just please do not commit any mistakes just like mine  Grin.  Try reading the pinned post, you will learn valuable things there.  If you have questions, try using the search engine first piror making a thread.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 11:09:33 PM

I'm personally upset that your first week has been filled with scam-related experience.

There's a lot of good that can come from cryptocurrency. There's a lot of good that DOES come from cryptocurrency. But the freedom that cryptocurrency brings also opens the door for scam artists - a free system must accept the balance of good and bad motives.

I hope that you will carry forward to things...

(1) That bounty campaigns are either scams or terrible ways to make money - just avoid them, and

(2) That cryptocurrency has much, much more to offer.

Give us another week or two to see the good that it can bring!
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 11:35:08 PM

I'm personally upset that your first week has been filled with scam-related experience.

There's a lot of good that can come from cryptocurrency. There's a lot of good that DOES come from cryptocurrency. But the freedom that cryptocurrency brings also opens the door for scam artists - a free system must accept the balance of good and bad motives.

I hope that you will carry forward to things...

(1) That bounty campaigns are either scams or terrible ways to make money - just avoid them, and

(2) That cryptocurrency has much, much more to offer.

Give us another week or two to see the good that it can bring!
I confused for a BadBear for a minute.  Sad
Seriously. People should stop advertising bitcointalk as a "moneymaking" site.
They never will. People get money[1] for advertising bitcointalk as a moneymaking site. Because it is now more of a moneymaking site than a forum to discuss about bitcoin.
I am glad that OP learnt from his mistakes and did the right thing. I would link you one thread, that will link them all. Wink
Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1217042.msg12752676#msg12752676

[1]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5-SaZWm88o
https://steemit.com/bitcointalk/@akhilesh10/how-to-make-money-on-bitcointalk
http://earn-bitcoins.com/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: