Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:22:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gyft dropped Whole Foods Gift Card  (Read 1532 times)
bitbouillion (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:00:36 AM

https://www.gyft.com/merchants/whole-foods-market/

Any one knows why?

victzhang

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:18:43 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I indeed can't find whole foods markets any more on gyft.com today (it was there last week, I believe)
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 11:21:39 PM

Profit margins are thin in Whole Foods' industry; I suspect they could no longer afford to keep discounting their inventory for bitcoiners.

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:21:53 AM

They can only keep popular, in demand gift cards. Whole Sale foods was popular, but the idea of digital gift cards did not coincide with how they run things. Most stores don't know how to handle a customer with a printed gift card (which is what you had to do if you bought it). Most of the time managers had to come and enter the digital card onto the register which the ordinary employee are unaware on how to do so. So yes in a way because profit margins are low on this, as well as the conflict of getting the card and spending it. Some other retailers will probably be dropped for this very reason, Burger King specifically. Only a manager can enter a gift code on there. And how often are managers present in a Burger King? Not much.
victzhang

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:59:48 AM

I purchased a $50 Whole Food Market gift card on Gyft like one month ago, and I used it without any hassles. The cashier knows how to deal with a printed gift card. She simply scanned the barcode and entered the pin. I wanted to buy another one today but I found it is unavailable  Angry
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:29:13 AM

I purchased a $50 Whole Food Market gift card on Gyft like one month ago, and I used it without any hassles. The cashier knows how to deal with a printed gift card. She simply scanned the barcode and entered the pin. I wanted to buy another one today but I found it is unavailable  Angry

It can go either way really. Sometimes they do know what they're doing and sometimes they don't.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: