Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:13:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All Altcoins are Securities?  (Read 174 times)
worldsuccess01

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:57:50 AM

Maybe I think all altcoins are securities because it is so much pressured in life if they have no securities,you know the situation of the world from now is so very dangerous how come altcoins will be maked it name in the nation because it is money in the business put themselves so therefore I agreed altcoins are securities for safety porpuses.
bunny0612

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:59:49 AM

Not all altcoins are secured…honestly. Any altcoin which is backed by a sound technology team, properly tested coding, business plan, whitepaper etc. can be considered secured. Most of the altcoins which are launched in the form of ICOs are backed by a use or a service or something that solves a problem. So the security and authenticity of the altcoin also depends upon this factor.
albertvahitov

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:04:48 AM

I think that ICO are equivalent to IPO of stocks. The funded money is used to build the product. You hold token as a share. You buy and sell speculating the value. And the POS or holders airdrop is bonus shares in term of securities. Coin burning is dividend, as the give you back money.
hyadumadha

Activity: 254
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:23:24 AM

The Security and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Director of Corporate Finance, William Hinman, announced at Yahoo Finance’s All Market Summit: Crypto today that bitcoin, ether, and other decentralized cryptocurrencies will not be classified as securities. More news at: http://bitcoinist.com/sec-says-bitcoin-ether-will-not-be-classified-as-securities/

hsjd569

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:26:45 AM

As far as I know, some altcoins are not securities. They passed the SEC's review, such as Bottos and BTM. But beyond that, most altcoins are securities.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:38:34 AM

Shipchain's Cease-and-Desist suggests that merit of coins offered through ICO in the form of utility or otherwise cannot exempt it from danger as being labeled a security.

One project I'm curious about, however, is Look Network's Zombie Battleground. Zombie Battleground is funded via kick-starter, and contributors get packs of cards for funding (ERC723). Is a non-fingible token approach to ICOs an option that could defeat the securities question?
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:48:57 PM

Yes, for me the alternative coins are also securities for our future and because of their excellence many people helps them to have a strong fund for their better life in future.
kaopxa (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 05:15:30 PM

I guess that settles that
sharkpc2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:00:38 AM

Not each altcoins being any are advisedly composed to filch your boodle. This is a safety on the borders of the scammers so allow us always be cautious.
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:16:25 AM

I don't see anything common between cryptocurrency and securities. Cryptocurrency is not dependent on the financial performance of any company. The Cryptocurrency does not give investors any rights. Maybe some tokens might look like securities, but it's more like an exception.

howey test:
>'there is expectation of profits from the investment'
what cryptocurrency trader is buying tokens without expecting profit?

I think I will agree with your point because there is no correlation between this two. In you invest first then expect reward or profit at the end.
Donationcoin

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:54:07 AM

For me alternative cryptocurrencies are more than a way to earn money, I always consider that every token that I have represents a dream and a goal (except a scam ICOs)
bayarau

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:09:12 PM

Absolutely agree with this statement! Of course, coins are securities, obligations for which are available for those projects that distributed them through ICO. It is wonderful that some of these coins already today have very good passive income! Other projects will develop and bring in dividends later. The main thing is to choose worthy projects that will not disappear together with your dividends!
Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:12:37 PM

ICOs haven't proven anything yet unlike the altcoins who have stayed for months or years although some have vanished. I would invest in altcoins first and then with some ICOs which has potential to be successful in the future.

trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 12:15:35 PM

Ethereum is an altcoin and officially confirmed as not a security likewise many other altcoins are also not security, they've limited their tokens now it is almost useless  Smiley

BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:18:14 PM

Not at all, I think that they should not be classified as such, since they don´t have a legal cover. It is just my view of course, I no lawyer.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
Donationcoin

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:20:56 PM

Now the SEC has decided that ETH is not a security.
However, ETH is part of altcoin, so I am optimistic about whether altcoin is a security.
I believe that this would be a great thing to have, but for now people are not very trusting Ethereum after all. However, it is still the second cryptocurrency in the world.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: