Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Emotional Investors ----> Reason Why You Shouldn't Go Panic Selling  (Read 185 times)
CottonGuy (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 04:24:43 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2018, 10:08:18 AM by CottonGuy
Merited by PsylockReborn (1)

There are lots of investors of bitcoin coming in everyday. Most of them are drawn to the hype that bitcoin has shown but most of these newcomers are emotional investors that are so scared to lose their investments.
This simple graph that I'll be showing you since from the start of bitcoin until 2017 will help us analyze the growth of bitcoin depending on its popularity and acceptance by the majority of the people. I know that bitcoin is very volatile when it comes to value and no one can predict its fluctuations even experts but bitcoin has already proven its performance to the market. The main purpose of posting this to newbie section is to share to everyone that is new to investments when it comes to bitcoin that, there's no need for us to go about panic selling in times of bloodbath and huge dips because in the long run, we can still profit from our initial investments. For me bitcoin is the most trustworthy store of value in the crypto space. Whatever it is that we experienced right now is purely natural due to some FUD and hacking incidents to some exchanges but I know bitcoin can surpass those adversities and will always recover from this bad incident. Here is the chart below from 2008 to 2017 that proves bitcoins' profits every year.

Maybe you wonder why there's no 2014 in the chart. It's because during this year, bitcoin prices experienced a huge dip that made a 62% loss to investors. That happened mostly because of the MtGox hack in 2014. After that, the price dropped from $751 to $285.
https://coinsutra.com/bitcoin-facts/

The value of bitcoin today is $6,681.65.
So for newbies like me out there who are emotional investors, please don't panic when the market experienced bloodbath. The more you go panic selling, the lower the value of btc will drop. The weaker hands always lose when it comes to this kind of scenario. Only the whales will benefit by the time its pumped back up. Bitcoin has already proven its performance and worth so believing in the technology of bitcoin is not that hard to do. The community behind supporting bitcoin is undeniably invincible to FUD and other major incidents that could affect its value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CRYPTON0101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 04:33:04 AM

As an investor you need to be calm in the eye of the storm..fear of loosing your money is not a good mind space to be in..You need to make your decision and stick to it..pre-establish your risk level read the whitepaper due your due diligence and hold..some people recommend not viewing your account on a daily basis unless your a day trader.
CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:54:12 AM

As an investor you need to be calm in the eye of the storm..fear of loosing your money is not a good mind space to be in..You need to make your decision and stick to it..pre-establish your risk level read the whitepaper due your due diligence and hold..some people recommend not viewing your account on a daily basis unless your a day trader.

That should be the case but there are some new investors who have different mindset about bitcoin and other altcoins when it comes to investments. They are thinking that this is their one way ticket to the moon which is not an assurance because of the volatility of the crypto market.
Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:42:50 AM

Not quite sure, that bitcoin will show such a huge results as a year before, lots of
opinions that it will be even lower, than in the years beginning
Nichao

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:02:29 AM

2017     950$->20000$ = 171% growth?
CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 10:01:59 AM

2017     950$->20000$ = 171% growth?

Sorry about that wasn't able to edit it. That was supposedly 2110% since I placed in there the ATH for the year 2017 that happened last December. Thanks for pointing it out though.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:29:50 PM

There are lots of investors of bitcoin coming in everyday. Most of them are drawn to the hype that bitcoin has shown but most of these newcomers are emotional investors that are so scared to lose their investments.
This simple graph that I'll be showing you since from the start of bitcoin until 2017 will help us analyze the growth of bitcoin depending on its popularity and acceptance by the majority of the people. I know that bitcoin is very volatile when it comes to value and no one can predict its fluctuations even experts but bitcoin has already proven its performance to the market. The main purpose of posting this to newbie section is to share to everyone that is new to investments when it comes to bitcoin that, there's no need for us to go about panic selling in times of bloodbath and huge dips because in the long run, we can still profit from our initial investments. For me bitcoin is the most trustworthy store of value in the crypto space. Whatever it is that we experienced right now is purely natural due to some FUD and hacking incidents to some exchanges but I know bitcoin can surpass those adversities and will always recover from this bad incident. Here is the chart below from 2008 to 2017 that proves bitcoins' profits every year.

Maybe you wonder why there's no 2014 in the chart. It's because during this year, bitcoin prices experienced a huge dip that made a 62% loss to investors. That happened mostly because of the MtGox hack in 2014. After that, the price dropped from $751 to $285.
https://coinsutra.com/bitcoin-facts/

The value of bitcoin today is $6,681.65.
So for newbies like me out there who are emotional investors, please don't panic when the market experienced bloodbath. The more you go panic selling, the lower the value of btc will drop. The weaker hands always lose when it comes to this kind of scenario. Only the whales will benefit by the time its pumped back up. Bitcoin has already proven its performance and worth so believing in the technology of bitcoin is not that hard to do. The community behind supporting bitcoin is undeniably invincible to FUD and other major incidents that could affect its value.

Most of the investor and coin reseller sell their token with a loss because crypto market going down and down. Last bitcoin price crushed and than bitcoin broken all previous record  but the end of the last year price going to down but  i am still believed bitcoin will back place and market will be up soon

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:33:16 PM

Best thing is only invest what you can afford to lose. After that less likely to make emotional decisions. Only time I sell is to short it and gain more of the same coin Smiley
CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 03:39:12 AM

Most of the investor and coin reseller sell their token with a loss because crypto market going down and down. Last bitcoin price crushed and than bitcoin broken all previous record  but the end of the last year price going to down but  i am still believed bitcoin will back place and market will be up soon

When emotions are involved then you will definitely go sell off even if you don't gain or even loss some amounts from initial investment. That is why before you engage in crypto investments, you need to understand its nature and have faith in the technology for a peace of mind and might as well do a long term investment.

Best thing is only invest what you can afford to lose. After that less likely to make emotional decisions. Only time I sell is to short it and gain more of the same coin Smiley

Yes that should be the best thing to do but we are just human beings we do have emotions that sometimes are affected by environmental factors just like FUD, market fluctuations, and many other factors that could make us do bad decisions and regret it in the future.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:09:55 AM

You wouldn't be an emotional investor in the first place if you know your entry and exit points being trap in a paper loss is only felt by the majority of newbies who didn't have the courage to short or even know when to short. Don't get me wrong on this as even seasoned traders get newbie mistakes like this ones but at least they know what to do next as they have contingency plans. I think learning how to trade rather than having a good emotion is the best emotional control you will have.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:29:05 AM

It's really different from this year because of the regulations, FUD and hacking incidents. I just hope that the market will recover from the bloodbath specially the value of bitcoin. I found your post informative though to those who are new into the crypto world.
CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 05:36:02 AM

You wouldn't be an emotional investor in the first place if you know your entry and exit points being trap in a paper loss is only felt by the majority of newbies who didn't have the courage to short or even know when to short. Don't get me wrong on this as even seasoned traders get newbie mistakes like this ones but at least they know what to do next as they have contingency plans. I think learning how to trade rather than having a good emotion is the best emotional control you will have.

I totally agree with you. I am trading myself and also did some stop losses for some of my trades but there's always a way to scrape off some profits even if the market is bearish. We should always have a back up plan for everything specially in crypto investments for us not to regret bad decisions made.

It's really different from this year because of the regulations, FUD and hacking incidents. I just hope that the market will recover from the bloodbath specially the value of bitcoin. I found your post informative though to those who are new into the crypto world.

Thank you! The best thing for us to do right now is diversify our portfolio and make some good profits from altcoins that have potential of mooning.
rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:11:05 PM

Investment always check your patience . One has to learn holding the things when your coins are going down. So basically every coin got momentum in cycle so dont sell in negative price.But hold it and wait for your time to come.
CottonGuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 05:19:20 AM

Investment always check your patience . One has to learn holding the things when your coins are going down. So basically every coin got momentum in cycle so dont sell in negative price.But hold it and wait for your time to come.

The more you sell while on blood bath the more you lose but there are some instances where in you really need to do a stop loss as long as you have a back up strategy that you set aside for gaining back those losses. It's really a matter of good decision making on when to stop or not. Sometimes, our emotions can cloud our judgement when this huge dips comes. That is why we need only to invest an amount that we are very much willing to lose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: