Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:53:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank run  (Read 768 times)
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:17:55 AM

I apologize if this has been posted already. I just came across this info, and it might be of value to some.

It appears Chase Bank has rolled out a new policy which is restricting businesses from wire transferring large amounts of money out of the USA,possibly as an early attempt to thwart a coming run on the bank.

http://www.infowars.com/chase-bank-limits-cash-withdrawals-bans-international-wire-transfers/

Additionally, since it is "Bank run" related, I thought I would post this video from the past of Rothbard giving a speech years ago. (A very wise and entertaining man).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m5cjhwh1vA

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:19:38 AM

I apologize if this has been posted already. I just came across this info, and it might be of value to some.

It appears Chase Bank has rolled out a new policy which is restricting businesses from wire transferring large amounts of money out of the USA,possibly as an early attempt to thwart a coming run on the bank.

http://www.infowars.com/chase-bank-limits-cash-withdrawals-bans-international-wire-transfers/

Additionally, since it is "Bank run" related, I thought I would post this video from the past of Rothbard giving a speech years ago. (A very wise and entertaining man).

This is very old news, and was nothing to do with a 'run on the bank', but was an effort to force business to switch to higher-fee account types.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:24:44 AM

This is very old news, and was nothing to do with a 'run on the bank', but was an effort to force business to switch to higher-fee account types.

I would disagree that Nov of last year is very old news.

Additionally, how do you know that this is not an effort to stem a bank run?

When Chase will accept an unlimited amount of cash as a deposit, and then restrict that same client to amounts of $50,000 being withdrawn......I would say "read between the lines". They are trying to prevent a bank run.

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
murraypaul

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:27:43 AM

The story is from October. Almost four months ago. In cryptocurrency terms, that is a very long time.

When Chase will accept an unlimited amount of cash as a deposit, and then restrict that same client to amounts of $50,000 being withdrawn......I would say "read between the lines". They are trying to prevent a bank run.

They will allow you to withdraw whatever you want, as long as you pay for a more premium account.
I would say that is a way of screwing more fees out of their customers.
Perhaps if you got your news from a slightly less biased site?

sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:32:02 AM

The story is from October. Almost four months ago. In cryptocurrency terms, that is a very long time.

They will allow you to withdraw whatever you want, as long as you pay for a more premium account.
I would say that is a way of screwing more fees out of their customers.
Perhaps if you got your news from a slightly less biased site?

I was just trying to share info I felt was valuable to those who had yet to hear it. If you know it all already, good for you. Perhaps others are not as well informed as yourself.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:50:00 AM

Yes, the multitude of unreasonable restrictions Chase  has introduced over the last 4 months has been quite concerning. Yep,  I'd upgrade my account: to another bank.
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:28:47 PM

I had already heard this, but I think a more notable thing to look into would be several banking professionals "committing suicide" (or possibly being killed) in the last week.  Also I read about a Harvard economist who does not tryst Bank of America, so he withrdrew his entire $1million from his checking account.
Gangien1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:37:36 PM

Does it mean it's not possible to wire transfer large sum of money out of your chase account?  I've only heard of 10,000+ reporting requirement.. this is news to me..  Huh
murraypaul

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:55:06 PM

Do you have a BusinessSelect Checking or BusinessClassic Checking account?
Those are the account types affected by the November limit.

nasamanBoy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:50:14 PM

that and I think it's the same November limit.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: