Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:04:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 😳 Popular Singer Akon to Launch his Own Cryptocurrency 😳  (Read 221 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bountypanel (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:13:58 PM

Please ready the article and share what you think about it? Can you guess its name?

https://www.financialexpress.com/market/grammy-award-winner-akon-to-launch-his-own-cryptocurrency-can-you-guess-its-name/1215237/lite/
sarfwr

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:14:55 PM

It gives me a headache.
The overall market is not doing well, and it's not good news to see so many useless tokens.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:22:15 PM

I'm pretty sure he will launch an Ico to enrich himself even more, we all know that celebrity-backed coins are not going to stand a chance to coders and developers backed coins, he should be prepare to pay coders and good developers his celebrity status is not a guaranty of success.

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:29:37 PM

I'm pretty sure he will launch an Ico to enrich himself even more, we all know that celebrity-backed coins are not going to stand a chance to coders and developers backed coins, he should be prepare to pay coders and good developers his celebrity status is not a guaranty of success.

He actually has a quite different propose. He's going to invest it in Africa, a place with high potential but low investment.
With Akon and other celebrities involved, it would be successful to attract attention towards cryptocurrency and Africa.

samuellim853

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:34:55 PM

Sounds like he's just a front to help with advertising, wouldn't invest in anything 'created' or marketed by some celebrity.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:36:41 PM

Just yesterday read this article and he is going to build a new city. It sounds certainly very strange, but it looks very good, because this person really has a lot of money and I will not be surprised after he can do it.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:37:55 PM

Geez. I would really like to see developments in Africa but I don't think launching an ICO for the cause is the right way. I hope they don't end up using the money for themselves, that would be so damned evil.

Akoin’s official website called it a unique global project that offers an abundance of digital and in-real-life platforms and experiences that create opportunity and inclusion for youth entrepreneurs. “Consumers will also be able to engage with AKoin in an entirely new way when they visit the real-life Wakanda (East-African country) of Akon Crypto City,” the website said.
You know it's unrealistic when they mentioned Wakanda lol.
Pumuckel21

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:46:48 PM

this will just be another ico flop why do you think a singer will be even able to code a working blockchain projet at all ? He is just there for promotion and has no clue about crypto

▄█▄▀█████████████▀ ▐
     ▄███▄▀███████████▀ ▐ ▐
    ▄█████▄▀█████████▀ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▄████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
███████████            ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▀████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
    ▀█████▀▄█████████▄ ▐ ▐ ▐
     ▀███▀▄███████████▄ ▐ ▐
      ▀█▀▄█████████████▄ ▐
GXBLOCKS                ▄▄█████▄▄
              ▄███████████▄
         ▄▄▄▄███████████████
       ▄█████████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄▄███████████████████████████▄
 ▄███████████▀▀▀    ▀▀████████████▄
▐█████████▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀██████████
▐████████  ▄██▀▀▀  ▀███▄  ████████▌
 ███████  ▄███▄  ▄▄  ███▄  ██████▀
  ▀▀████  █████      ████  ▐███▀
          █████  ███  ███
           ███      ▄███
            ▀▀███████▀▀
10 %  PRESALE
BONUS
▄████▄
██████
██████
██████
▀▀  ▀▀
▄████▄
▄▄  ████████  ▄▄
▄▄█████▌ ▀██████▀ ▐█████▄▄
█████████▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄█████████
▀█████▀▀   ██▄▄██   ▀▀█████▀
██████
▐██████▌
████████
Powered by
Renewable Energy
Sources
▄▄▄

▀▀▀
Whitepaper  ⬣ Twitter
Medium  ⬣ Facebook  ⬣ Reddit
LinkedIn  ⬣ Telegram
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 01:05:47 PM

The cryptocurrency will be called Akoin. And not only is Akon planning to launch the cryptocurrency Akoin, he also aims to build his own Crypto City in Senegal, media reports said.

I wonder what they mean by 'building a crypto city'? I have nothing against this project, everybody is allowed to do whatever they want in that regard. Unless it's a scam ofc.
That said, I don't think that an ICO will be the end all solution to poverty and world hunger.

Lindazz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:07:09 PM

I think it's unrealistic, because what's the point of these tokens?
I think ICO and blockchain are not omnipotent, so they can't solve all the problems.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jahidck

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:48:21 PM

A renowned celebrity, like Akon will automatically generate a buzz in the market. Since he is a good public figure, given how much he has invested in charity, people will automatically have the trust in his coins which will be in the crypto currency market. This is indeed a good move.
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:49:30 PM

It is very possible that celebrities decide to launch their own cryptocurrency, because they have a great community behind them. With the power of their community they can do a lot and the interest of them can make the cryptocurrency very successful.

frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:52:25 PM

Hm, lets see what it is really. Many times such false news and more or less publicity stunts have been performed in the past which failed eventually. I mean though they are big singers and stuff then also they need to follow proper protocol of creating the ICO's. I mean they should tell us what exactly their project is and how they are going to work around it. If they really making something useful then only people will take interest otherwise it will be just fans who will follow this guy and no one. At least as an Investor I will need to see my whitepaper and roadmap as usual.  Cheesy
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:57:28 PM

He is too late, cryptocurrency is not booming now  Grin
Seriously, I think that all this coins from pop-stars is really useless and it worths 0$
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 08:59:13 PM

I think he can do more with his money. Let's see what actually happens with this new currency
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:11:49 PM

Well to be honest he should not launch his own coin rather he can invest in btc and ether and show his support and also maybe accept them as payment option for his concerts and music releases.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:27:06 AM

We have to be sure if he is truly the full owner of the project or a promotive figure for marketing purpose. It's interesting to see that celebrities are now being interested and getting involved with cryptos. Maybe this will create more awareness but I hope it will not be abused and overused.
zoomzoom

Activity: 350
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:36:30 AM

Well, not sure what to make of this, but reading the article he at least has a clear and positive goal, though not sure how achievable it is.. not sure it's clear if he lives in Senegal all that much these days. But aside from that there doesn't seem much mention of the coins function, we will have to see how this develops, I suspect it may dwindle into obscurity.

8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:01:00 AM

I will have to read up on it a bit more to say for sure it will be a legit project, but he has used millions of his own money in the past to help those unfortunate then himself. So I highly doubt he is doing this to enrich himself with more money.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:08:10 AM

I will have to read up on it a bit more to say for sure it will be a legit project, but he has used millions of his own money in the past to help those unfortunate then himself. So I highly doubt he is doing this to enrich himself with more money.

Business is a business i don't see any people will use millions here in crypto only to that that act. He may do it voluntarily that it doesn't needs to be in crypto. That makes me more doubt to think what is his true agenda and ofciurse it will pay back after his own coin become trend in crypto. Its an old strategy that will not make me fool because im a business person and i know this kind of scenes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print