Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:59:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A way to track new replies on the forum  (Read 162 times)
omitusaf (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:23:08 PM
Merited by fempat (1)

I have observed that there's no way to see new replies after one's message on the forum. I mean when I have replied to a post and visit the thread after some time, I cannot see new messages immediately after my reply. I have to scroll and open multiple pages before I can see them. I suggest that there should be a way to for users to find it easier to see new replies.

This is an example of what I mean:

The area marked (a) shows a thread with the number 14 in blue indicating that there have been 14 new replies since I replied. The field marked (b) shows the new replies I didn't respond to the last time I visited the forum. On clicking on (a), I was brought to the new replies since I posted. This makes the forum a lot easier to use and see new messages.
I suggest something similar should be done on this forum.

I'm sorry if I didn't come out clearly. Hope you understand what I mean!

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3441

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 05:57:12 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2018, 08:20:26 AM by SFR10

There's already a button with similar (almost) funtion for that (violate "new" button in front of each thread title). It goes to where you left off.

Update:
* Violet Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:53:49 AM

Not like the list in OP's image, but what I would do is directly jump to your reply from the link "Show the last posts of this person" in your profile.  In this way you do not need to scroll down to your reply in the thread.

If you are asking how to see only replies to your post that includes quotation of your reply, you can use forum search with your user name, choose "Search order: Most recent topics first", and look for posts quoting your post.
actuallytwolamas

Activity: 69
Merit: 20

Lama

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 11:25:20 AM

Not like the list in OP's image, but what I would do is directly jump to your reply from the link "Show the last posts of this person" in your profile.  In this way you do not need to scroll down to your reply in the thread.

If you are asking how to see only replies to your post that includes quotation of your reply, you can use forum search with your user name, choose "Search order: Most recent topics first", and look for posts quoting your post.
This! Scroll to your last unread message in a thread. This function would be so helpful, all other places have it, and it makes surfing through the forum so much easier.
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:46:23 AM

Not like the list in OP's image, but what I would do is directly jump to your reply from the link "Show the last posts of this person" in your profile.  In this way you do not need to scroll down to your reply in the thread.

This! Scroll to your last unread message in a thread. This function would be so helpful, all other places have it, and it makes surfing through the forum so much easier.
I meant that you can do that in the current system.  You can find the direct links to your previous posts from "Show the last posts of this person".  For example in your case

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2138583;sa=showPosts

Of course it does not distinguish the posts you've read or not but at least you can directly jump to your post without scroll.
actuallytwolamas

Activity: 69
Merit: 20

Lama

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 01:38:34 PM

Not like the list in OP's image, but what I would do is directly jump to your reply from the link "Show the last posts of this person" in your profile.  In this way you do not need to scroll down to your reply in the thread.

I meant that you can do that in the current system.  You can find the direct links to your previous posts from "Show the last posts of this person".  For example in your case

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2138583;sa=showPosts

Of course it does not distinguish the posts you've read or not but at least you can directly jump to your post without scroll.

It's not the same, because you have to comment, and with your suggestion, you go back only to your message. What I meant, that if you read the thread, and when visit the thread again after some time, you would go straight to last unread message instead of the first post message like now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: