Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Invstement  (Read 184 times)
IVOcoin (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:18:33 PM

A lot of the ICOs are Scam, but there are successful ICOs and people make profit from them.If you already take a part of ICO no matter scam or profitable you can share your experience here, also your thoughts for invesment in ICO, which and why?..
wvizmanos

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:00:42 PM

I normally participate in ICOs that have hype. For me hype is more important than any other factors because of my personal goal. Since my goal is to only double my investment, hyped ICOs tend to achieve this goal of mine in the shortest possible time. Other factors are the team, project vision/goal, road map. But this is just me. Others might have different strategies for their own goals.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 10:43:40 PM

A lot of the ICOs are Scam, but there are successful ICOs and people make profit from them.

Most people don't profit from ICOs.

But the ICOs that have the best chance are those that:

• Have a viable business plan that appeals to people who aren't interest in cryptocurrency
  • Have a lower number of planned tokens available (smaller supply equals greater scarcity)
  • Have an exchange, not related to the ICO firm, that supports the token (if you can't trade the token, you can't profit from it)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:14:09 PM

I normally participate in ICOs that have hype. For me hype is more important than any other factors because of my personal goal.
This is the unfortunate truth. Hype usually generates the price spikes which people profit from, and generally hype is falsely generated by spammers advertising for the project or paid bumping services. Sometimes it doesn't even matter who is behind the project or what the ICO offers.

Of course, these aren't viable long term projects as the hype generally dies down.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:43:44 AM

Read this if you want to invest in ICOs:

https://www.investopedia.com/news/80-icos-are-scams-report/

Apart from the headline that says 80% of ICOs are scams, the study also says that only 8% of them are listed in exchanges. Around half of that 8% apparently weren't even doing well despite being listed.

My thoughts for ICOs is that people should generally stay away, and should keep an eye out for projects that want to use the blockchain just for the sake of using it. Investing in them means acknowledging that you're very likely throwing your money away.

Avalonist

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:49:17 AM

Try to take part in several ICOs spreading the budget. Some of them may be scam, some wont bring any profit,
others will show good results. Also try to take part in global projects, with experienced team and good reviews
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:20:19 PM

Try to take part in several ICOs spreading the budget. Some of them may be scam, some wont bring any profit,
others will show good results. Also try to take part in global projects, with experienced team and good reviews

"others will show good results"

Yes. But only a small percentage of it. ICOs aren't that much of a good investment now, compared to last year whereas you pretty much make profit with almost every ICO.

Why not just invest in the current reputable coins? It doesn't have to be bitcoin alone. There are lots of coins/tokens with decent use-case.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
artstyle1695

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:19:33 PM

My problem was that i invested money in scams.I didnt payed my attention to such things like whitepaper or team of developers,which plays a big role in choosing ICO's.
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:47:10 PM

I'm prefer to search pools where I can participate in perspective ICO's. The last investment projects for me: Endor, Sentinel Protocol, BOLT.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:32:34 PM

The state of the market these days is not so conducive for ICO investment. Sometimes you invest in an ICO and the coin loses its value when it finally get listed on exchange.
wvizmanos

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:45:44 PM

The state of the market these days is not so conducive for ICO investment. Sometimes you invest in an ICO and the coin loses its value when it finally get listed on exchange.

To some who find a worthwhile project, what they do is wait for it to get listed on exchanges and invest when the price goes below ICO.
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:26:06 PM

You are right. Nowadays most of the ICO project are scam. Usually i didn't participate in ICO. As most of the ICO was scam then it's better to research more about that project like research about their project theme,their Roadmap,their whitepaper and also their Team which help you to know about how good that project.
pbitmallx

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:36:34 PM

A lot of the ICOs are Scam, but there are successful ICOs and people make profit from them.If you already take a part of ICO no matter scam or profitable you can share your experience here, also your thoughts for invesment in ICO, which and why?..

Regarding ICO, I believe that for any project.

First, the team sponsor must have faith, no faith, everything is just for money, and it is probably just to make money.

Second, the project must have the prospect of profitability. Otherwise, even if there is faith, the project will not be able to progress.

karl.laue

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:48:34 AM

I personally think, that one of the best new inventions is ICO. If you are interested in it, I can recommend CRYPTICS. They have GIVEAWAY now with a super prize LAMBORGHINI
harryvnn

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:36:50 AM

After participate in few ICO, I suggest you to keep follow project telegram/twitter and news, but hold on, don't invest in ICO at the moment. Wait until it listed on small exchanges, they will be lower than ICO period of time on bear market. Its right time for you get more tokens/coins than ICO's time.
Its right for most ICO at the moment. So patienr is a key.

Trustlogics      〝 https://trustlogics.io/ 〞
Blockchain For Trusted And Secured Professional Data
hiromichi

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:36:15 AM

I have seen a lot of ICO projects so far, and many of them failed. Typical pattern of failed ICO is that they have a little information on projects. If they WP has less than 15 pages, You should be careful.
0Shendy0

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:10:34 AM

I personally think, that one of the best new inventions is ICO. If you are interested in it, I can recommend CRYPTICS. They have GIVEAWAY now with a super prize LAMBORGHINI

I think the third prize is pore interesting. I wouldn't mind using their trading bot with 120% profit per year  Grin
ompoetra

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:43:42 AM

Behind the profits there must be disadvantages that come. Because ICO nature of the investment then we will give money and money the same with the ICO that is carried away without any information that is clear or more familiar with SCAM.

Some of the things that cause SCAM when the ICO is unclear project, the purpose of funds made by developers and teams that are not clear or not plastered. Usually this will be explained in the whitepaper.
sue1710

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:45:24 PM

Accept more risks, get more profits. I have a good time with Seele and Quarkchain. Both of them is still give good profit until them. Although I used to get loss for some project before, I still have a benefit. If you can divide the investing amount reasonably, it's not very difficult to be a winner in ICO playground.
Alfa Rating

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:58:01 PM

If you are searching for ICO Investement, you can check ALFA Rating site https://alfarating.com/. Here you can find the most interesting project for you and be safe from scam Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: