Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 08:58:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heavy rain , board shut down  (Read 184 times)
BitcoinSupremo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:25:51 PM

One of my mining rigs which I keep in a country nearby got a bit of water, the reason was the guy who takes care for them for me was a bit irresponsible as he left windows open while a heavy rain he told me happened today there. The good thing, out of all the mining rigs only one, the one which was near the window was shut down. He told me he was too afraid to open it so he is waiting for tomorrow or aftertomorrow to trouble shoot it. Any good steps for troubleshooting ?
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:21:36 PM

One of my mining rigs which I keep in a country nearby got a bit of water, the reason was the guy who takes care for them for me was a bit irresponsible as he left windows open while a heavy rain he told me happened today there. The good thing, out of all the mining rigs only one, the one which was near the window was shut down. He told me he was too afraid to open it so he is waiting for tomorrow or aftertomorrow to trouble shoot it. Any good steps for troubleshooting ?
order a new mother board
BitcoinSupremo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:33:16 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2018, 03:59:01 PM by BitcoinSupremo

order a new mother board

Yes I think and I hope in the worst case to be the motherboard, 140 EUR is nothing considering the amount of BTC we have made through 9 months of mining with those boards. I only hope that only the motherboard is damaged though as it can be even the PSU-s. The water was only down the motherboard so I am hopeful it will be the mobo or at the worst case the mobo plus PSU-s as I have 2 PSU-s 750 watt linked together.

Edit: Lost the motherboard plus one graphic card total of 450 EUR loss but I am still happy that I saved 80% of the mining rig.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: