Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:43:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I’ve misplaced my Eth  (Read 128 times)
Funky Al (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:34:16 PM

Ok, so I feel like a bit of an idiot at the minute, hoping someone can help or give some suggestions.

In January I split my split my btc and sent the btg and bcc I had to my trezor. I wasn’t interested in these and at that time btc was still pretty high and I thought eth would be a better investment.

I can see the transactions going into my trezor and then back out again.

The problem is, I don’t know where I sent them. I do have a memory of doing the exchange. I also updated Blockfolio to get rid of my btg and bcc and add the eth.

I thought I would have sent them to my trezor, but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ve tried checking my browsing history, but had no luck as it’s too far back to show enough details to show what sites I visited that day.

Hopefully someone can help, I’ll tip anyone that does.

Cheers.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:40:30 PM

The problem is, I don’t know where I sent them. I do have a memory of doing the exchange. I also updated Blockfolio to get rid of my btg and bcc and add the eth.
With "Them" you are referring to the "bitcoin" half that you sold ( on an exchange, as you recall)?

If so, do you have the adress you send the bitcoins to? If you send them from your trezor, it should be noted somewhere there in your outgoing transactions. ( I assume you send them to an exchange to "exchange"/sell them there for ETH?)

Funky Al (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:08:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have the addresses I sent them to. I’ll post them tomorrow if it will help. Both were sent in the same day so I think they will both have been sent to the same exchange. I’ve checked binance as I thought it was the most likely, but I have no transaction history on that day.
bedulook

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:17:23 PM

It is unfortunate as a crypto trader you don't keep records. Since you can't identify and trace your own transactions, then your ether is lost forever. Next time  keep logs of your activities.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 10:28:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have the addresses I sent them to. I’ll post them tomorrow if it will help. Both were sent in the same day so I think they will both have been sent to the same exchange. I’ve checked binance as I thought it was the most likely, but I have no transaction history on that day.
You can try other well known exchanges like cryptopia, Okex, hitbtc.com and gdax.

Here is the other list of exchanges https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

Also, check your email and maybe you can find the exchange site in your email inbox.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Funky Al (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:56:27 AM

You can try other well known exchanges like cryptopia, Okex, hitbtc.com and gdax.

Here is the other list of exchanges https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

Also, check your email and maybe you can find the exchange site in your email inbox.

I’ve checked my emails, but no luck unfortunately. I think I’ll have to go through each of the exchanges submitting password requests and hoping I get lucky.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: