Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox victims getting back USD 1 Billion... next bull run?  (Read 84 times)
DamCryp (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:39:45 PM

This continues to show that the whole industry keeps getting more serious about its costumers and protecting their rights, just this week we saw bithumb cover all the USD 31 Million stolen in a hack. I believe all the good news regarding regulation, the proven track of an increase in client protection and the current low prices and oversold levels will make for an interesting bounce and hopefully the next bull run...
Too much hopium?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:44:38 PM

Not necessarily. The funds are going to be given back in bitcoin starting 2019 I believe. Some of these victims had everything they had on bitcoin back then, so It's more then likely that they need the money and they might actually sell everything as soon as they get it.

But now and we know that Mt.gox won't be dumping the coins anymore, I'm going to expect a decent price increase in the next few weeks.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:46:50 PM

First, good news for users Mt. Gox. But personally I'm not sure that they will want to invest again in the cryptocurrency
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:47:37 PM

wah this is one very good news, with this, I think not much longer, there will be a very fast bullrun. so it would be better if we are all alert to the situation. we should be able to take the opportunity to get a better profit again, are we all here, for a good and better profit
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:00:07 PM

Yes, this is very good news for the market and strong growth is then possible. But I'm not sure we've already seen the bottom for the bitcoin price.  For strong growth, we need the entry of a lot of money, which we do not see yet. Let's wait a little longer
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:39:58 PM

Are the bulls ready? Hmm.
Even with such kind protection to customers, it is still considered as a "lost money". Money which could be used on the exchanges research and developments if it have not been stolen.

IMHO, it's still best to hear that the security of an exchange is 100% hack proof (or have less chance to be hacked) than a news about a follow up reimbursement.

P.S. I don't say that I don't like companies like bithumb who give back to their customers. It's just that it's better if we have a better security to avoid these hacks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: