Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:06:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox CEO isn't MIA!  (Read 2004 times)
paltoco (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:24:59 PM

I've red this article:
http://dcmagnates.com/40-million-in-bitcoins-on-the-brink-at-mtgox-while-ceo-is-still-mia/

I want to tell everybody here my opinion about this story. I'm really sorry about my simple and bad english.

I've spoken with MIA CEO over the IRC 30 hours ago. He was trying to help me with my verification troubles, and finally he helped me out but i fucked up by sending wrong documents and my verification was rejected. Anyway I can confirm that Mark Karpeles ISN'T MIA!

I also think, that their theory about technical issues are true. I saw on IRC few people who reported their withdrawals as good and done correctly. They handle so many coins, have so many customers, that they choose less painful way for themselves to solve the problem. They want to fix the issue BEFORE they'll take care on customers one by one.

I have also my coins stucked there (2.47 exactly) but I think we're all be good.

Mt. Gox have in my eyes really positive opinion based on what happened in the past (500 000 BTC stolen = refunded, Bitomat fail - 20 000 BTC refunded - examples)

The worst thing is that bitcoin is so flexible. But we made a decision to involve in this (in bitcoin i mean), so we should know the rules and possibilities before...

That's my opinion for your information. There is no need to panic i think. It's IN GENERAL quite normal situation.

And I wasn't bribed by Mt. Gox, they didn't offered me manual withdrawal for this post Tongue

I wish you all luck in dealing with Mt. Gox right now.

One more thing, I think the safest place for your coins until they fix withdrawal issue are your Gox wallets. What will you say if the price will drop and you'll have your coins missed in space? It won't be weired and fucked if Mt. Gox won't refund you anything. They warn people about the issue.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ronfinberg

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:50:06 PM

Happy to hear you've been able to make contact with the CEO.  Truly wish you luck with your withdrawal as well as everyone else waiting for their withdrawals.

At this point who knows what is really going on at MtGox.  When writing that the CEO is MIA, the reference was to Mark Karpeles being 'publicly' quiet during a period of crisis at his company.  In this regard I am not the only one wondering where he is.  It's good to know he has at least responded to one customer.

That being said
What is taking place now is a classic bank run. MtGox already gained a bad reputation due to the inability for customers to receive timely transactions of both deposits and withdrawals of fiat currency, most notably US dollars.  This situation has been made worse with transactional delays hitting bitcoins as well.  So we now have a situation where no one with more than a bitcoin has access to their funds.  As this is the case it behooves Karpeles, or another non-anonymous figure to provide clarity of what is going on, whether its due to technical failure, investigations, etc.  Simply releasing statements signed by MtGox Support just don't cut it and are reminiscent of failing companies. 

I realize their may be investigations going on that limit what the company can state, but the silence is becoming deafening. 

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:24:51 PM

I've red this article:
http://dcmagnates.com/40-million-in-bitcoins-on-the-brink-at-mtgox-while-ceo-is-still-mia/

I want to tell everybody here my opinion about this story. I'm really sorry about my simple and bad english.

I've spoken with MIA CEO over the IRC 30 hours ago. He was trying to help me with my verification troubles, and finally he helped me out but i fucked up by sending wrong documents and my verification was rejected. Anyway I can confirm that Mark Karpeles ISN'T MIA!

I also think, that their theory about technical issues are true. I saw on IRC few people who reported their withdrawals as good and done correctly. They handle so many coins, have so many customers, that they choose less painful way for themselves to solve the problem. They want to fix the issue BEFORE they'll take care on customers one by one.

I have also my coins stucked there (2.47 exactly) but I think we're all be good.

Mt. Gox have in my eyes really positive opinion based on what happened in the past (500 000 BTC stolen = refunded, Bitomat fail - 20 000 BTC refunded - examples)

The worst thing is that bitcoin is so flexible. But we made a decision to involve in this (in bitcoin i mean), so we should know the rules and possibilities before...

That's my opinion for your information. There is no need to panic i think. It's IN GENERAL quite normal situation.

And I wasn't bribed by Mt. Gox, they didn't offered me manual withdrawal for this post Tongue

One more thing, I think the safest place for your coins until they fix withdrawal issue are your Gox wallets. What will you say if the price will drop and you'll have your coins missed in space? It won't be weired and fucked if Mt. Gox won't refund you anything. They warn people about the issue.

Another noob account created Feb 2nd, 2014 supporting MTGOX. Priceless.  Cheesy

LOL @ RED part. As if they have a choice.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:04:08 PM

I've spoken with MIA CEO over the IRC 30 hours ago. He was trying to help me with my verification troubles,

So, you are happy he is wasting time on trivial matters while long-standing customers have millions of dollars of their money lost or frozen?

Reminds me of this...

Muhammad al-Hodl

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:35:20 PM

Another noob account created Feb 2nd, 2014 supporting MTGOX. Priceless.  Cheesy ...

Just today Mark spent a few hours helping me re-install some drivers to get my scanner working so I could get the proper verification documents submitted.  To be in full compliance, you know.  He said it was pretty quite down there at the office without much going on, so he had some time to help me.  What an awesome guy he is!

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:50:18 PM

Another noob account created Feb 2nd, 2014 supporting MTGOX. Priceless.  Cheesy ...

Just today Mark spent a few hours helping me re-install some drivers to get my scanner working so I could get the proper verification documents submitted.  To be in full compliance, you know.  He said it was pretty quite down there at the office without much going on, so he had some time to help me.  What an awesome guy he is!

lol so funny. And another noob account made 6 days ago. Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mightycount

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:25:47 PM

LOL!!

Personal Bitcoin Black List - Companies and people to avoid!
````` Butterfly Labs...MtGox...ragingazn628...(reserved)...  `````
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:31:32 PM

LOL!!

Reminds me of the time he swung by our town and did so much, curing some cancer patients at the hospital, reconfigured the traffic light system so we haven't had a traffic jam since, and fixed the outboard motor before we went fishing. Awesome dude!

mightycount

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:34:54 PM

LOL!!

Reminds me of the time he swung by our town and did so much, curing some cancer patients at the hospital, reconfigured the traffic light system so we haven't had a traffic jam since, and fixed the outboard motor before we went fishing. Awesome dude!

Wait, how is this related to verification documents? The traffic light was stopping you from delivering them to the post office?

mightycount

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:42:11 PM

... also, did anyone notice how bad English makes a person appear more trustworthy? The subconscious posturing is as follows: "Even though I'm uncomfortable posting anything in this second language of mine, I'm so outraged by all these lies about Mark Karpeles that I'm going to post it ANYWAY!!!"

Good job there.

BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:50:53 PM

I've red this article:

The existence of a post like this just makes me that much more alarmed.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
BitBits

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:26:22 AM

Mark is not MIA, I met him today, he said it is boring in the office and not much going on, so he helped me to do the dishes.
 Roll Eyes

Empty
Frankie

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:36:50 PM

So we now have a situation where no one with more than a bitcoin has access to their funds.
I think the threshold is a little bit higher.  I've had no problem getting single digit numbers of bitcoin out of Mt.Gox.

Agree with the rest. The devaluation of GoxBTC has finally caught up to the devaluation of GoxUSD, so Mt. Gox is finally trading at parity again. If there's light at the end of the tunnel, they've had like 9 months to tell us about it.
sarahb

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:02:01 PM

Everything about this posts screams that it was posted by someone from mtgox, possibly the ceo himself.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:34:21 PM

Mark is not MIA, I met him today, he said it is boring in the office and not much going on, so he helped me to do the dishes.
 Roll Eyes

When Mark heard about my withdrawal problems he immediately got on a plane and came to my house just to hold me and whisper "everything will be alright" into my ear. He is not only an excellent CEO but a caring person too.

The story sounds reasonable lol  Wink
Artlover

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:13:35 AM

Paltoco might as well change their handle to MtGoxShill.

Biggest pile of unprovable ridiculous BS I've ever read.

Facts are the facts;
    Market manipulation.
    Disproportionately high exchange rate.
    A year's worth of legal and financial problems.
    Millions of dollars of seized assets.
    Multimillion dollar lawsuits.
    Withdrawal issues for 8 straight months.
    No word on where Mark is by anyone who's opinion matters.
    All withdrawals ceased.
    Block chain showing them paying out immature coins.

Why is USD still broken after 8 months?

They claim they are having wallet issues, especially with newly minted coins, as per their excuses. So why are deposits and trades still active? Why only withdrawals suspended? If you are truly having wallet issues and technical glitches effecting balances, then you shut the whole thing down. Not keep accepting everyone's coin & fiat into a blackhole.

Why would they be paying out immature coins. None of the coins in their wallets should be immature. Can you say "they are mining their own because they ran out!" I wonder how they paid for the hashing power. Hmmmmmmm.

Can anyone even validate their exchange volume as being legitimate? For all anyone knows, all their volume is their own bots buying & selling to themselves to bolster their outward appearance.

This is what happens when you run a get rich quick scheme. They were in this for themselves, not the benefit of the customers. It's why they played fast and loose with the law and other people's funds. Everything was coming to a head and the bottom was getting read to fall out, so Mark ran off with everyone's money, and the poor saps still in the building who thought they were doing an honest job are going to get thrown under the bus.

The sooner MtGox dies, the better it will be for the rest of the scene.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: