Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Evaluate a Potential ICO  (Read 200 times)
escalante28 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:51:10 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2018, 06:12:05 AM by escalante28

Everything starts with the project’s whitepaper.
[/b]
Examine the Team

- Must be verified if that team really exist.
- A solid team will be composed of members with verifiable industry experience, both in business and blockchain development.
- I tend to look for teams with blockchain experience or experience building an open source community or platform on a large scale.
- It’s important for the project to have achieved some milestone to demonstrate the ability to execute.

The project must compliant with the law

-  Ask for legal opinions clarifying the token’s nature.
-  ICO’s token may be considered a financial instrument and could thus be subject to financial regulation.

Evaluate ICO’s market potential

- Analyze the entire plan, especially whitepaper as the project’s core document.
- Compare it with similar projects and determine what makes it so different from others, both positively and negatively.
- Never trust developers who promise you a huge return on investments. They probably just want to take the money and run away.

ICO campaign has a different purposes, you need to learn how to recognize the ones that really have market potential

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iellai

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:01:30 AM

Thanks for this post. The same thing I look forward in the project. Also, I ask friends or have friends who are doing and have been in crytoworld for so long. They know what team to trust. Which is the backbone of every ICO to succeed.
dammy1988

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:18:33 AM

Wow this is so beautiful thanks for the post and I think I agree with what you wrote. I am the type that doesn't trust all this new developer because they will promise one thing and do the opposite of it
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:47:05 AM

Everything starts with the project’s whitepaper.
[/b]
Examine the Team

- Must be verified if that team really exist.
- A solid team will be composed of members with verifiable industry experience, both in business and blockchain development.
- I tend to look for teams with blockchain experience or experience building an open source community or platform on a large scale.
- It’s important for the project to have achieved some milestone to demonstrate the ability to execute.

The project must compliant with the law

-  Ask for legal opinions clarifying the token’s nature.
-  ICO’s token may be considered a financial instrument and could thus be subject to financial regulation.

Evaluate ICO’s market potential

- Analyze the entire plan, especially whitepaper as the project’s core document.
- Compare it with similar projects and determine what makes it so different from others, both positively and negatively.
- Never trust developers who promise you a huge return on investments. They probably just want to take the money and run away.

ICO campaign has a different purposes, you need to learn how to recognize the ones that really have market potential

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP
this certainly helps me to be more observant in choosing the ICO project that I will follow for the future. thank you for this very useful information
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:52:17 AM

A good share, thanks for sharing. And yes i agree with your points, this is how everyone should evaluate ICOs before investing.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:35:17 AM

The hype is the main factor for good ICO investment for me. I estimate the hype for:
1) traffic on website (>1000 unique visitors per day)
2) ICO maust be good rated by several bloggers in top-7 spreadsheet (search it in twitter)
No hype = no people wanted to buy it on exchange after ICO.
Bumidinasty

Activity: 373
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:37:01 AM

I agree with you, very useful info thank you for sharing, many projects out there hopefully this can be a reference to see potential ico project.
KevinRobertson

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:35:18 AM

The post is very efficient and informative. We tend to go for things which are user friendly so that newbies as well as pros can use it with no hassle. Anything which saves time and is informative and relevant to the context is what the people aims for and is what we want.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

There are many factors to consider when looking for a good ICO which project will eventually last and honestly be profitable to hold in the long run (though as part of the strategy many are buying tokens for the purpose of immediately selling when it is already profitable to do so). There  is no guarantee that any ICO will be profitable but doing the required diligence can help a lot most especially if you are just a small fish in the tank..you can not afford to be wasting your money and time with anything that can be performing poorly. In dealing with ICOs we have to be extra careful...avoiding scams in the first place and increasing the chances to get into a lucrative project.
luckyFF

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:45:58 AM

I think checking the ICO rating will save you time.
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 01:48:20 AM

Well thougt,  these ia great eay to find out which scam and real project. Its good enough to determine a good ICO and also to find good bounty campaign. Team, product, potential plan are all top basis by me. All of these can help us to easily got a great ICO. Avoid the risk in getting scam ICO

Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:56:56 AM

For the most part, i think examining the team as well as verifying it would be the most important and hardest part of evaluating a potential ICO. Not only this requires a lot of work but of course this may or may not be the game changer. The ICO lies in the hands of these people, if they're legit, good, hope they'd succeed. But if they're revealed and tagged as bunch of fakes, that's it, the ICO's not gonna push through.
rxkinglampung

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

Kerja Cerdas

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:10:03 AM

Thank you for suggesting the steps you gave before we entered the ICO project.
But I think this assessment is very subjecktif, unlike trading that already has technical analysis, ICO Project can only be in fundamental analysis only. So experience is urgently needed and can greatly determine the assessment of ICO projects, so if you have not had a better experience of consulting relatives who have or have been successful in the ICO project

❐ VoxelX   ❐   
███ VoxelX- It's not an idea, it's a BETA  product ███
The Blockchain Powered Medical DICOM-Platform
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:17:05 AM

You can add Partners of the project. Partners of the project are very important because they are going to be users of the coins/tokens of the project. Thus it will gain investors trust.
Rox123

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:19:38 AM

Apart from the already mentioned things such as the quality of the team, the quality of the whitepaper and the potential for real world application, an investor needs to make a judgment that the project stands a very good chance of actually getting implemented, and that's very hard to work out. There are certainly lots of projects that will never be realized, and as far as possible they need to be identified and avoided. Some projects sound very good but won't get very far. Quoine's team are promoting only projects they consider bona fide, so they are doing the job for us of selecting ones they reckon are worth seriously considering, but how many of the ICOs will actually prosper cannot be known. So there is a risk in investing in any ICO. Caveat emptor: Buyer beware! I've invested in only one ICO I think, but when I saw their last recent video I realized how little the project has been developed and I concluded I've probably selected a dud. I hope I'm wrong. (Btw I'm not talking about a Quoine-backed ICO.)
Vampirepro

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:20:47 AM

I haven’t participated in any ICO, but transparency is important. Communication is key in providing updates in what’s going on with the project. Looking for in depth information on the team behind the project. Is the ICO doing something unique that can help push crypto even further? I feel these are some of the things that are most important before throwing your money into something like an ICO.
linkHA

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:29:08 AM

First, whether the code is open source.
Second, whether the technical route and the white paper are reasonable.
Third, whether the project team is strong enough.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:36:24 AM

I agree with you, the first thing I do to evaluate ico is by checking their team, if their team is in trouble, ICO will not run as you want, I will check their team members, view their profile and check the work experience of the members team at Linkedin, then I will see the potential of ico in the future.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:54:02 AM

I think it's a few good points but there are many other important things to consider! I wrote a thread about this before, if anyone reads here in the thread maybe they'll benefit from reading my thread aswell, it's too much text to just paste it all here, so the link is: here.

analysing icos properly really brings down the risk level so it's important to do it well!  Grin

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
darmin

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:04:23 AM

checks for the team are indeed very important. and even that is a lot of forgotten people is about how checking the whitepaper that they have. though simple many people dismiss whitepaper. regarding legal entities, I have not encountered such a thing here.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: