Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: From Russia with love  (Read 1144 times)
esse83 (OP)

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:07:55 PM

http://www.bu.edu/bucflp/files/2012/01/Federal-Law-No.-86-FZ-of-2002-on-the-Central-Bank-of-the-Russian-Federation.pdf

Chapter VI. Cash Management
Article 27. The ruble shall be the official monetary unit (currency) of the
Russian Federation. It shall be equal to 100 kopecks.
The issue of any other monetary units or quasi-money shall be prohibited in
the Russian Federation.

http://www.genproc.gov.ru/smi/news/genproc/news-86432/

Certain distribution received anonymous payment systems and kriptovalyuty, including the most famous of them - Bitcoin are money substitutes and can not be used by individuals and legal entities.

http://itar-tass.com/ekonomika/943641

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:09:05 PM

I think these quasi-laws should be ignored. Wink

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
mightycount

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:18:13 PM

A buddy of mine once said that in Russia, the strictness of the law is compensated by the lack of its enforcement Smiley

Personal Bitcoin Black List - Companies and people to avoid!
````` Butterfly Labs...MtGox...ragingazn628...(reserved)...  `````
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:35:01 PM

bitcoins were "issued" in Russia?  lmao i dont think so...
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:36:55 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 06:03:26 PM by prophetx

but frankly it doesn't matter a friend of mine did spend about 9 months in a gulag prison until Colin Powell had to go meet Putin to get in out...

the prosecutors claimed he had hundreds of  kilos of marijuana in his apartment but only produced 1 bud as evidence...

you think stuff in the USA is bad... heh it is unreal over there... the stuff they have been getting away with for centuries...
cyrpi4

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:21:11 AM

A buddy of mine once said that in Russia, the strictness of the law is compensated by the lack of its enforcement Smiley

Your buddy was probably quoting a Russian writer who lived in 19th century.

It was the same guy who said "should I go to sleep and wake up after 100 years, if they asked me what was going on in Russia, I'd tell them - "they drink and they steal".

Donations: 2235fa09-d5b3-4d5d-9b28-d1281abc1ccb
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:31:13 AM

bitcoins were "issued" in Russia?  lmao i dont think so...
This obviously has no relevance to exchanges or merchants, but it may have implications for miners and full-node operators depending on how much they stretch the definition of "issue." I'd guess running a full node could be considered facilitating a felony (or Russian equiv.). Facilitating the issuance of Bitcoin, or receiving bitcoins issued.... Well, I guess they could probably stretch that to include everyone if they wanted (directly or indirectly increasing the market value of bitcoin, thereby indirectly making the facilitation of currency issuance more lucrative). Gosh - just imagine if a Russian merchant KNEW accepting Bitcoin would make the "facilitation of issuance" more lucrative... that's gotta be execution-worthy.

Pre-9/11 in the US, we used to call definition-stretching "legislating from the bench." We now call it "indirect pre-emptive terrorism inhibition." That could mean anything, of course....  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: