Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:30:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New mobo=half hash rate? Wtf  (Read 148 times)
efabe420 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:06:37 PM

So i recently had the ram fail on my rig(sapphire rx580 8g and asus rx470 4g mining)and during my troubleshooting i accidentally bent some pins in the cpu port of my b150m bazooka mobo. So i bought a brand new b250m-ds3h and of course a new ddr4 stick. Fresh versionof windows 10 went flawlessly as did the install of the latest radeon drivers but now for some reason the 470 is throwin an error code and windows turns it off. The 580 is only getting like 18 mh/s on eth. I had the bios flashed on both and i was getting 31-32 mh/s wit the 580 and 28-29 with the 470. I have everything set up just like before and both cards were working fine before the ram failed..what could've happened to cause such a drop? Moreover why is the 470 now inoperable?? I tried swappin pcie slots and tried both by themselves, tried usin ddu and reinstalling the drivers. Just keep gettin code 43 on the 470 and low hash on the 580..cant figure it out.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:21:11 PM

With a modded Bios on a RX 470/570, you need to use the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check any time you install or update the drivers. Download the pixel patcher, rename the executable to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe, run it to patch the drivers and reboot.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

You also need to set all the cards to compute mode in AMD settings to implement the ETH epoch Dag size fix or you will get a reduced hash rate due to the Dag size on ETH.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:58:49 PM

I'm not sure your new mobo causing it.

Just keep gettin code 43 on the 470 and low hash on the 580..cant figure it out.

Code 43 usually related to device hardware fails nor fails on the device driver, I'm not sure which one that was you facing. Maybe you need to try to re-flash your bios card, then reinstall the driver (try a few drivers versions)

I tried swappin pcie slots and tried both by themselves, tried usin ddu and reinstalling the drivers.

Have you also tried using another riser?

As a standard operation for Polaris cards (modded), in case you forgot to do this:

With a modded Bios on a RX 470/570, you need to use the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check any time you install or update the drivers. Download the pixel patcher, rename the executable to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe, run it to patch the drivers and reboot.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

You also need to set all the cards to compute mode in AMD settings to implement the ETH epoch Dag size fix or you will get a reduced hash rate due to the Dag size on ETH.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:13:31 PM

This is easily fixable. First off, I've only gotten code 43's for one of two things:
  • Modded Bios and forgot to run pixel clock patcher when system config changed (like a new mobo or reinstalling drivers).
  • Forgot to turn on 4G Decoding in the motherboard options. (Depending on the manufacturer, this may be called something different like 'Extended Memory' for example).

The hashrate being 18mh/s when its supposed to be 30 is easy, you reinstalled/upgraded the gpu drivers and forgot to switch on the Compute option. You have have inadvertently upgraded to the newest drivers from blockchain drivers and didn't realize that you need to now turn on this setting when mining in AMD Radeon Settings for each card.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: