Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine&Hold vs. Mine&Sell ?  (Read 2070 times)
larem

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:21:38 AM

It depends on coin name and real community.

For example, NetCoin, iCoin, SmartCoin, WorldCoin sounds good, in perspective they can be accepted by services and markets.

Coins with bad names has low chance to be popular.

Thats true but  more important is PREMINE and INSTAMINE. When that happens you will be running your RIG hot for days to make 100 coins worth $50 and your electricity during the same time is $25 so your net profit is $25 and a few hours of your time. At the same time the developers and their buddies have millions of the same coins. You cant compete. They are worth $100,000 each and YOU are supporting them.

So SAY NO TO PREMINE and INSTAMINED coins.

I disagree, as long as you are selling as you get coins. Always go based on profitability.

CoinBuzz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:22:43 PM

Till now, I found out that holding can be a big gamble even with big coins like LTC,WDC,DGC,NXT and others.

So it is now the matter of precaution of someone

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:51:50 PM

Till now, I found out that holding can be a big gamble even with big coins like LTC,WDC,DGC,NXT and others.

So it is now the matter of precaution of someone

As it stands, cryptocurrencies are a huge gamble.

Long-term holding can be good but you need to trust the fundamentals that you determined for each of the coins and hold only the ones you anticipate having a strong future. Mind you, when I say long-term, it's not like a few weeks or a few months. I'm talking 6+ months. And though it's tempting to swing as the markets go, if you've determined to go long on a coin, then stay long. Basically, don't react to the news on those coins and be prepared to stomach missing out on those pump and dumps. There have been many a time this has worked out well for me (the tricky thing is knowing which coins to go long on).

I usually don't talk about my performance in crypto, but as an example, I held about 10k PPC in the sub 0.001 days. This was back in March-April 2013. Then I brought these back to the markets in November 2013 where I sold about half at the 0.006-0.007 range. That was a pretty good long-term hold. I based my holding on the community, the fundamentals of the coin, and several other trading dynamics. But it's an example that if you stick with a coin you feel will perform strongly as a long hold and react accordingly, it can be highly beneficial.

Then you have some coins that work out well for medium-term that you should to follow on maybe a weekly basis and sell when appropriate. Once again, the trickiest thing is not reacting to the short-term trend (i.e. daily/hourly), and to focus on weekly (maybe semi-weekly) performance. And finally you have short-term coins that are best followed on a daily basis. For these coins you may have to focus on the pump and dump aspects where you try to anticipate the markets as movement happens. Personally, I try to stay away from the coins that have only short-term potential.

But it's all dependent on what works best for you and what you're comfortable with.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: