Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:38:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can people please report if they have withdrawn BTC from Mtgox and if it arrived  (Read 1229 times)
throwaway084575 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:41:02 PM

Hi Guys/Girls,

I know there is another thread but I hate calling scam willy nilly. I have used gox since late 2010 and they have always been good. They have had issues with banks and stood back up, they have had issues with governments and stood back up. They took massive hits from DDOS attacks and stood back up. They have taken massive beatings from the bitcoin community and stood back up. I really hope they pull through this one to.

Saying that.

Can people please say if they withdrew BTC and if they got it or not and also if they did get it how long it took to arrive? If not how long have you been waiting?

Please no "why do people use gox" or "wow thats allot!" or memes and stuff like that, please stick to the topic.

So I withdrew 100BTC 5 days ago and it came through within 5 minutes.
I waited 24 hours and withdrew another 100 BTC, I have been waiting 3 days and still nothing on the blockchain.

I have left 2 support tickets and not been answered.

They say there has been a technical problems. Is this true? can anyone verify this?

Lets collate the following info for the community so we can get a better picture of what is going on.

1.(Did you withdrawal BTC recently)
2.(Did it come through?)
3.(If so how long did it take?)
4.(Did you get a response from support?)
5.(any other info about your withdrawal that might be of interest to others)

For me
1. Yes twice.
2. First time 5 days ago came through fast. second time with same amount and waiting now 3 days.
3. First time took 5 minutes to show on the blockchain. Second time am still waiting. is now 3 days.
4. No
5. Well Thats about it.
GSinishtaj

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:56:38 PM

My friend owed me 50 BTC and sent them to me about 3 weeks ago and I still have not received them.  We been trying to go back and fourth with support but they respond once a week so it is kind of hard.  Nothing in the block chain, bit coins are gone from my friends account, and no bit coins in my account Sad I don't use Mt Gox.  He is sending to an exchange I use.
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:11:40 PM

I withdrawn BTC38 it is lost in transportation.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:51:59 PM

Just withdrew 0.1 BTC, it arrived on the blockchain in less than 1 second.
Withdraw for 5 BTC produced a transaction hash but it never made it to blockchain.

Please see comment 27 on the Falvinge article at http://falkvinge.net/2014/02/04/major-bitcoin-exchange-not-executing-withdrawals-now-owes-clients-38m-in-disappeared-money/ for what is likely happening and how to see the public record of Mt. Gox's outgoing transactions, which are often in error, and so not accepted as part of the blockchain.
zambient

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:58:09 PM

I was trying to withdraw a few BTC yesterday and getting the error "limit reached or not enough BTC in account" even though it was not the case. I lowered the withdrawal to 1 BTC and it went through but hasn't hit the blockchain...
Kenshin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:16:33 AM

I was trying to withdraw a few BTC yesterday and getting the error "limit reached or not enough BTC in account" even though it was not the case. I lowered the withdrawal to 1 BTC and it went through but hasn't hit the blockchain...

Did you minus the  BTC 0.001 for the fee?
smokinman

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:20:00 AM

Just tried to withdraw 1.3 BTC and it never hit the blockchain - really annoyed about that as it was for a bitpay invoice.

Previous withdrawls in the last few days were okay and hit the blockchain within a few minutes

4th Feb 0.25 BTC

31st Jan 0.32 BTC

31st Jan 1 BTC
Kenshin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:27:48 AM

I think the problem only existed a few days ago. Because I did managed to withdraw on the 4th Feb.
fesnavarro

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:10:03 AM

99btc since 27 January and... Just the silence until now Sad
russokai

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:31:53 AM

I did four withdrawls four days ago and one out of four went through and quickly...was 3 BTC.  The other 5 BTC were lost/stuck but just appeared in my Gox account again today.  So I tried to transfer them out again and they are again stuck.   
zambient

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:37:56 AM

Did you minus the  BTC 0.001 for the fee?

Yes
dynodog

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:11:51 AM

same thing happened to me.  first btc withdrawal was fine.  next btc withdrawal took around 10 days to hit (this was around 8 weeks ago)  i was very worried like you, but it did eventually hit.  the mtgox help desk did not respond to my repeated inquiries (until after the btc hit, and they simply said that the problem had been resolved).  you will very likely get them, but i can appreciate your apprehension.  good luck
LarryLiu

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:02:43 AM

First I apologize for repeating my own post from another thread. I did a quick analysis over the failed transaction data published at: https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php
It led me to believe perhaps there is a legitimate technical issue here at play. Those failed transactions seem to be "timing" related. Bad wallet/transaction timing issue could occur if they're experimenting with some kind of concurrent process for trading or withdrawals, or trying to cycle/reuse wallet addresses. I'm speculating that some withdrawals from certain addresses took place before those addresses are actually being properly credited (from other concurrent transaction processes, supposedly). If this is indeed what they're experiencing, it could explain why large amount BTC withdrawals are more susceptible to this problem (since those TXs more likely involve more addresses from other transactions). 
This may also explain why Gox has been relatively muted about it, given such issues are often difficult to explain to customers; plus they do have
a simple but inefficient solution/fix here, that is just keep trying the failed transactions, perhaps shuffling the order of the TXs a little bit before each try. Eventually the TX dependencies should workout on their own.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:16:05 AM

Can any others confirm that they are receiving transactions from a Coinbase account when initiating a withdraw from MTGOX?

I withdrew a minimal amount ($500) to a Coinbase address and after 5 days of back and forth with MTGOX support, I received the withdraw from a Coinbase user 'Dwolla1@gmail.com'

?
throwaway084575 (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:10:00 AM

Update from me.
The 100BTC is now out of limbo and back in my MtGox account.

I really get the feeling that MtGox is going to fix this problem. Fingers crossed for all of us.
Irish_BTC

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:54:23 AM

Just had my BTC return to my MtGOX account from limbo and this is the message I got when trying to transfer out: "Bitcoin withdrawals are temporarily disabled until the issue is solved, please see announcement"

The announcement:

Dear MtGox Customers,

In our efforts to resolve the issue being encountered by various bitcoin withdrawals, it was determined that the increase in the flow of withdrawal requests has hindered our efforts on a technical level. To understand the issue thoroughly, the system needs to be in a static state.

In order for our team to resolve the withdrawal issue it is necessary for a temporarily pause on all withdrawal requests to obtain a clear technical view of the current processes.

We apologize for the sudden short notice. All bitcoin withdrawal requests will be on pause, and the withdrawals in the system will be returned to your MtGox wallet and can be reinitiated once the issue is resolved. The trading platform will perform as usual for the needs of our customers. 

Our team will resolve this problem as soon as possible and will provide an update on Monday, February 10, 2014 (JST).

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for your kind support and considerations. 

Sincerely,

The MtGox Team

Apologies if this has been posted already.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:32:55 PM

Just had my BTC return to my MtGOX account from limbo and this is the message I got when trying to transfer out: "Bitcoin withdrawals are temporarily disabled until the issue is solved, please see announcement"

The announcement:

Dear MtGox Customers,

In our efforts to resolve the issue being encountered by various bitcoin withdrawals, it was determined that the increase in the flow of withdrawal requests has hindered our efforts on a technical level. To understand the issue thoroughly, the system needs to be in a static state.

In order for our team to resolve the withdrawal issue it is necessary for a temporarily pause on all withdrawal requests to obtain a clear technical view of the current processes.

We apologize for the sudden short notice. All bitcoin withdrawal requests will be on pause, and the withdrawals in the system will be returned to your MtGox wallet and can be reinitiated once the issue is resolved. The trading platform will perform as usual for the needs of our customers. 

Our team will resolve this problem as soon as possible and will provide an update on Monday, February 10, 2014 (JST).

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for your kind support and considerations. 

Sincerely,

The MtGox Team

Apologies if this has been posted already.

You can find it here as well.
https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140207.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: