Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:35:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The 502 and 504 errors as well as the "lag" on Cryptsy are deliberate and a SCAM  (Read 6229 times)
drepteck (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:18:47 AM

Is anyone here able to access www.cryptsy.com ?
I've never seen this level of negligence when handling this much money.
Gov needs to step in and shut trading down and let us withdraw our coins.
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:25:20 AM

Yes it is down again...

But still there is no other option, as most of us need high volume exchanges.

drepteck (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:28:19 AM

That doesn't mean we should take it in the ass and accept it.
gencoinx

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:30:26 AM

That doesn't mean we should take it in the ass and accept it.

DEAL WITH IT
nosf009

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:33:35 AM

Yo, do not blindly repeat what noob Fontase says. Or better - just wait out until those illiterate noobs from twitter there "make their own crypstsy", like they talk around, then transfer your money directly into their pockets.
Sure, because it requires no knowledge, and if you're thief, more the better.

So, read up a bit http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E504.html
Now I imagine how most of this tech shit is way too confusing for you illiterate noobs, which most of you here are. All grace to the exceptions.
But it you have stayed in school longer, or read some books about this mysterious internet you're using, you would probably write less embarassing stuff around, making you look stupid.

So, yeah, Cryptsy probably has more than 15 servers to balance this load of huge amount of dipshits like people here who try to earn 1USD by raping the HTTP connection, refreshing (aka same as DDOS) all the time hoping to get 0.1 USD more, plus it also probably has bunch of even more worse dipshits trying to hack what they can, because making money from cryptos apparently isn't fast enough, theft is always faster.
So, then they probably spend whole day trying to fix shit for you ungrateful noobs, while you continue refreshing because maybe you can squeze out 0.1 USD more, but when it don't work, crying begins.

Here's an idea; why exchange, let me post my BTC and ALT's addresses, you can simply dump your stuff directly here, save us all the crying and expedite your anyway probable crypto venture doom, as with this level of knowledge, it's pretty much matter of time when you fail and loose all money.

Less Jersey Shore, more books, friendly advice.

Jesus, I'm amazed by levels of crap people do here.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:35:00 AM

A week ago, there was a post from a cryptsy dev that they made 250,000 USD in 1 week or a few days.

Cite?
The IPO stated: "We currently are collecting in fees over 100 BTC per month"
That is less than $100,000 a month, or ~$25,000 a week, a factor of 10 out from what you are claiming.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
drepteck (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:37:52 AM

Yo, do not blindly repeat what noob Fontase says. Or better - just wait out until those illiterate noobs from twitter there "make their own crypstsy", like they talk around, then transfer your money directly into their pockets.
Sure, because it requires no knowledge, and if you're thief, more the better.

So, read up a bit http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E504.html
Now I imagine how most of this tech shit is way too confusing for you illiterate noobs, which most of you here are. All grace to the exceptions.
But it you have stayed in school longer, or read some books about this mysterious internet you're using, you would probably write less embarassing stuff around, making you look stupid.

So, yeah, Cryptsy probably has more than 15 servers to balance this load of huge amount of dipshits like people here who try to earn 1USD by raping the HTTP connection, refreshing (aka same as DDOS) all the time hoping to get 0.1 USD more, plus it also probably has bunch of even more worse dipshits trying to hack what they can, because making money from cryptos apparently isn't fast enough, theft is always faster.
So, then they probably spend whole day trying to fix shit for you ungrateful noobs, while you continue refreshing because maybe you can squeze out 0.1 USD more, but when it don't work, crying begins.

Here's an idea; why exchange, let me post my BTC and ALT's addresses, you can simply dump your stuff directly here, save us all the crying and expedite your anyway probable crypto venture doom, as with this level of knowledge, it's pretty much matter of time when you fail and loose all money.

Less Jersey Shore, more books, friendly advice.

Jesus, I'm amazed by levels of crap people do here.

Your post made no sense, put the bong down. Judging by your post you are probably just some ~18 year old Call of Duty player who has no business talking about money.
Adults are losing hard earned cash here, that is a fact kid. In every other industry or website, the loss of money can be retrieved in one fashion or the next, but Cryptsy is able to rape everyone's wallet without challenge.
murraypaul

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:38:19 AM

Yes I think that, are you naive and gullible or something? So much evidence points to bullshit excuses for what is happening on that exchange. Look at all the others with problems. Whenever something big happens, like a new coin gets added or a country bans bitcoin, then all of a sudden Cryptsy takes a shit

Because whenever this happens suddenly far more people try to trade, and they can't handle the increased volume.

and people are still trading behind the scenes.

Because the issue are only affecting the front-end system, and existing trades still execute, and new trades can still be placed through the API.
You see this all the time when mining pools are being DDOS'd. The frontend servers can't handle the load, and new miners can't authenticate, but people already mining can carry on find. Should mining pools shut down completely in that situation, because it would be more fair?

Why don't they pause all trading while they fix the issues?

Because it would cost them money. And even more people would complain that Cryptsy was screwing them.

Why don't they use the ridiculous amount of money to upgrade their shitty servers? Because it's a fucking scam, that's why.

No, because they don't have the staff/competence to run a site of the size and complexity that Cryptsy has become.

nosf009

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:38:35 AM

Your post made no sense, put the bong down. Judging by your post you are probably just some ~18 year old Call of Duty player who has no business talking about money.

Yeah. Exactly Cheesy LOL. See - another great conclusion from OP. Makes you look even more stupid now. If that's somehow possible, as you're nearing to the zero.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 10:40:05 AM

I guess running at such volume is not a trivial task at all but anyway it would be much better if they provided more info

Please like the idea on their support forum ( https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/75845 )

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
drepteck (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:40:43 AM

Yes I think that, are you naive and gullible or something? So much evidence points to bullshit excuses for what is happening on that exchange. Look at all the others with problems. Whenever something big happens, like a new coin gets added or a country bans bitcoin, then all of a sudden Cryptsy takes a shit

Because whenever this happens suddenly far more people try to trade, and they can't handle the increased volume.

Because the issue are only affecting the front-end system, and existing trades still execute, and new trades can still be placed through the API.

Because it would cost them money. And even more people would complain that Cryptsy was screwing them.

Why don't they use the ridiculous amount of money to upgrade their shitty servers? Because it's a fucking scam, that's why.

No, because they don't have the staff/competence to run a site of the size and complexity that Cryptsy has become.

That is an outright lie, Cryptsy is only as big as they make it. Why are they adding coins daily if they can't handle the load. It's because they CAN handle it, they are just throttling the connection to fuck people over.
It went from 504 to running perfectly for 5 minutes, to 502 now.
murraypaul

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:44:47 AM

That is an outright lie, Cryptsy is only as big as they make it. Why are they adding coins daily if they can't handle the load.
Because it makes them more money.
They can handle the load most of the time, but cannot handle the spikes.
That makes them more money that having less coins and running at lower volume all the time.
Do you think anyone would have seriously predicted the level of DOGE trading that is happening, for example?

It's because they CAN handle it, they are just throttling the connection to fuck people over.
It went from 504 to running perfectly for 5 minutes, to 502 now.

Which is exactly what you would expect to see if a system is under-specc'd for the peak load it is handling.
Putting the paranoia aside for a moment, why exactly to they want to "fuck you over"?
How does that make them money?

Is it really really annoying when you get 502 and 504 errors? Yes.
Does it happen to me too? Yes.
Do I think that BigVern is out to get me? No.

drepteck (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:46:41 AM

Dude, websites with lots of load do NOT get bad gateway errors. Think you need to brush up on your HTTP skills.
Stop defending Cryptsy, this website is costing people tons of hard earned money, how could anyone not be against that.
This world has gone insane and standards are at an all time low. While we are getting 504 and 502 errors, staff is trading just fine. How is that fair?
504 is going on 30 minutes now, thats NOT load. I've seen websites get hammered before and sure they run like shit and take forever to load, but don't spit out 504's.
murraypaul

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:49:02 AM

Dude, websites with lots of load do NOT get bad gateway errors. Think you need to brush up on your HTTP skills.

The actual error is:
502 Bad Gateway

nginx

http://www.nginxtips.com/502-bad-gateway-using-nginx/
Many times we can browse the web and find a 502 bad gateway error at Nginx.   There are a few reasons why you will find this message in  your webserver log, and here we will teach you how to fix it.

When you will find 502 bad gateway error:

Nginx running as proxy for Apache web server.
Nginx running with PHP-FPM daemon.
Nginx running with other services as gateway.
Bad buffering/timeout configuration.
Before getting deep into all of this options, you must understand what does the error message means. So, the error it’s a 502 number and it’s happening at the gateway. What the hell is a gateway? In simple words, a gateway, is like an access point, a bridge that communicate one service with another, in this case the gateway can be a service/application that is working and recieving requests from Nginx web server.

Now, let’s explore each one of this reasons to understand the 502 bad gateway message:

Nginx as Proxy for Apache: in this case, the gateway is Apache. When you use Nginx as proxy for Apache, if apache dies or it’s not well configured, it can cause this 502 error. How to fix it? Most of the times, restarting apache web server will get rid of this, but you must check the log files to know why exactly this was caused.
Nginx with PHP-FPM: same as Apache example, let’s imagine your php daemon stop working, or get’s overloaded by requests, it will not work properly and the all the php requests from nginx would not be served, so, an error will appear. How to fix it? Restart php-fpm daemon and check the logs.
Nginx with other services/apps: try restarting the other service behind nginx and explore the logs to find the reason why it happened.[/qoute]

If the system nginx is talking to does not respond quickly enough, you will get the 502 error.

murraypaul

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:50:44 AM

Stop defending Cryptsy, this website is costing people tons of hard earned money, how could anyone not be against that.
This world has gone insane and standards are at an all time low.

I'm not defending them, except to the extent that I think the neverending problems that Cryptsy has are due to incompetence and lack of adequate support, not to malice.
When in doubt, blame Murphy rather than Machiavelli.
The standard of performance provided by Cryptsy is appalling, I don't think there has been a single week in all the time I've used them where there there haven't been major issues, and recently there hasn't been a single day without timeouts.
It is telling, though, that with all this, noone has managed to provide any real competition, which suggests that it isn't as easy as people make out.

andycee

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:53:30 AM

Cryptsy is an absolute joke of a service at the moment.

They clearly have little idea of the marketplace they are attempting to offer a product in, that is an EXCHANGE which requires by DEFAULT :

LOW latency
NEGLIGIBLE downtime
ZERO account errors
ZERO lost balances

BigVern and them team should try something a little more at their level....maybe flower arranging or something.

...or comedy, I feel they would be quite good a that.

(whistles Laural & Hardy tune whilst typing)
drepteck (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:59:46 AM

This world has gone insane and standards are at an all time low.

I'm not defending them, except to the extent that I think the neverending problems that Cryptsy has are due to incompetence and lack of adequate support, not to malice.
When in doubt, blame Murphy rather than Machiavelli.
The standard of performance provided by Cryptsy is appalling, I don't think there has been a single week in all the time I've used them where there there haven't been major issues, and recently there hasn't been a single day without timeouts.
It is telling, though, that with all this, noone has managed to provide any real competition, which suggests that it isn't as easy as people make out.

During the huge Doge/altcoin spike in December, there was literally 10 times more volume than today and the servers did not get overloaded and in fact ran flawlessly.
No, this is not an accidental issue. No site that gets overloaded with 1/10th their peak volume crashes and stays offline for hours at a time, while staff and insiders manipulate and continue trading during the blackout.
This is deliberate and there is indeed malice behind all of this. Right before the 502 error appeared, the site was running great. If the issue was an overload, then it would gradually start running worse.
This isn't my first picnic with sites getting overloaded and none have acted the way Cryptsy has. We are being duped.
I have to agree, exchange = FAST. Though that would assume that this is all accidental or unplanned for.
murraypaul

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:03:33 AM

No, this is not an accidental issue. No site that gets overloaded with 1/10th their peak volume crashes and stays offline for hours at a time, while staff and insiders manipulate and continue trading during the blackout.
This is deliberate and there is indeed malice behind all of this. Right before the 502 error appeared, the site was running great. If the issue was an overload, then it would gradually start running worse.

Shrug. You are clearly convinced, and nothing anyone says will change your mind.
I'll offer this from the Cryptsy twitter feed:
BigVern ‏@cryptsy  3h
Undergoing maintenance new servers and upgrades. Can experience intermittent connectivity issues. Will clear up in the next few hours.

drepteck (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:05:49 AM

He should have paused trading entirely then, but then that would mean insiders can't pump/dump.
I'm waiting for the big "We were hacked and lost everyone's wallets, SORRY!" twitter post.
Also why the hell would he add VERTcoin then right after do maintenance.
andycee

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:18:12 AM

Shrug. You are clearly convinced, and nothing anyone says will change your mind.
I'll offer this from the Cryptsy twitter feed:
BigVern ‏@cryptsy  3h
Undergoing maintenance new servers and upgrades. Can experience intermittent connectivity issues. Will clear up in the next few hours.

Haa haaa ha.

Exactly how is this different from every other day ?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: