Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:02:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EXCHANGE HACKS.WILL IT EVER END?  (Read 505 times)
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:46:27 PM

In the last couple of weeks,we have seen a lot big exchanges being hacked, funds stolen and everyone thrown into panic.The last one being Bithumb (https://cointelegraph.com/news/bithumb-details-still-sketchy-after-30-mln-hack). Is there really a permanent solution to this nightmare by hackers?

i think hacker will never stop hacking. because hacking exchanger is the good way source of income. the only way to avoid hacker is always update the security of thier system make it improve.

Since technology keeps evolving I don't think hacking will ever stop and it's also the reason why there are security upgrades from time to time in big cooperations and institutions around the world. A lot of people are motivated to test security in recent times than help improve security so the exchanges ought to be aware and improve their security from time to time.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:06:26 PM

it will not stop. hackers are smart and they will find a way to hack the site. many of this hackers are educated people. there is always a loophole that they can exploit.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:19:58 PM

I believe that asset theft on the stock exchanges will never end. Hackers will not give up attacks as long as there is Internet, that is, this will always happen, as it is a way to get easy money.
muddy waters

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:42:44 PM

In the last couple of weeks,we have seen a lot big exchanges being hacked, funds stolen and everyone thrown into panic.The last one being Bithumb (https://cointelegraph.com/news/bithumb-details-still-sketchy-after-30-mln-hack). Is there really a permanent solution to this nightmare by hackers?
Hack attacks will never end as long as there are lovers of free money.
The only way I see to guard your funds is not to keep a lot of coins on these exchanges, even if you are doing daily trading.

akirasendo7

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:45:49 PM

its not the hackers fault that the security of the exchanges are easy to penetrate,
sometimes it makes a company strive for a secured network, to be able to protect themselves from hacking
i think exchanges needs to harden their firewall and security to protect the investors money
its always their fault, because its their responsibility to keep it safe, from hackers
Furious 7

Activity: 2842
Merit: 641

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:50:44 PM

This is a sign and reminder for Bitcoin holders. do not trust 100% against any Exchange.
do not keep BTC in exchange except in no time. use it just to redeem it or use the shoot and run method.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
satriagedhe

Activity: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:51:44 PM

hard to end it , some exchange just to proud about their security and think they wouldnt get hack , and rarely too update. i think the best way is every exchange do maintenance on their site not only to get profit  
HertzCoin

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:54:06 PM

I don't think exchange hacks will cease in forseeable future. Of course, exchanges will continue improving their security systems making it more difficult to penetrate, but hackers can learn as well. It's quite likely such hacks will create a new market for blockchain-based insurance companies which exchanges will cooperate with in order to minimize their risks.
Klestr

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:23:38 PM

What with the currency anybody knows? What now? global warming? the conspiracy of Freemasons? an attack of aliens? what?

Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:29:29 PM

Well this is a good indications that the exchange site lack the security capacity to protect their site from being hacked into, and this is the right opportunity for them to step up in security in other to protect their members coins from being stolen. Or hacked.
melina152

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 03:42:25 PM

Currently available all crypto currency exchanges are full with bugs .They do not take care for their security or for their users security .So they are getting hack.Few days back i reported a bugs to btcc.com and they found it (btcc.com Ticket ID #43743 /) .They promissed me to give some bounty but till now i did not recieve any bounty.So why anyone will spend time for report bugs to exchanger.If exchangers provide some good bounty for security researcher they will research it and exchange website can be more hack proof.
jeffer8035

Activity: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:56:43 PM

If that was a terrible problem, the exchange houses solution with a lot of security and cold wallets that are not connected to the Internet impossible to hack and anti tracking coins like those of the tor platform so they can not be hacked but I know that there is some world that will solve this problem in a short time

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
damort

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:59:55 PM

Yeah. I heard that it was about $31 million. https://btcmanager.com/32502-2/
What a huge loss! I think it never ends until the security is improved. These hackers are really genius and we cannot blame or judge them anything about their jobs.  Embarrassed
retard75

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:19:47 PM

Some hacks are staged. Exchange owners collaborate with criminals or are the criminals themselves.
Don't trust the tears and whining of the exchanges if again some mysterious hack happened.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:39:15 PM

in my opinion there is no solutions about that and hackers will always be targeting big exchange to get free money and i think in the future possibility to see new exchange got hack again will pretty high and the problem currently is how to avoid panic after hack issue because it's necessary to keep the price not fall more deep again
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 07:16:42 PM

No, it will not end soon, like bank robbery, you can lower it as much as possible but you will find always some people trying to figure a way to steal from it.
Exchanges need to enhance its security level and customers need to move always their earning to cold wallets
Yeah, there really is no way to stop exchanges from getting hacked. If it were easy to stop hacks, then they would have stopped already. One thing to also remember is it is hard to prove that an exchange that gets "hacked" isn't just an inside job. How hard is it for someone in the company to steal funds? Or even then, its really easy for the owner of the exchanges themselves to steal from customers and then claim it was a hack.

Inside hack is the first possibility that any policeman will look on it. Mt gox, is the best known example, at least until Karpeles proved to be innocent.

Basaleyi

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:21:11 PM

There is a way to put an end to exchange hacks where to keep your coins under control which is not possible with centralized exchanges . it is only possible own your private key with decentralized exchange only like tidex (wave platform) the problem face decentralized exchanges is low volume .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:23:30 PM

As long as the security is soft and the target is ripe for the taking I doubt it's ever going to stop. Exchange hacks have been an absolute constant for as long back as I can remember back in 2011 with Mt. Gox causing the first Bitcoin crash from $32 back down to $2. Bitcoin is just a dream for hackers given the nature of how it works.
Dmatey

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:57:15 PM

No, there can only be a remedy to minimize the occurrences.  these can include, looking into decentralized exchanges. The biggest difference between centralized exchanges (like Coinbase, Kraken and Bitfinex) and decentralized exchanges is that decentralized exchanges do not hold users' funds. No one can ever access your funds other than you. So it can't be stolen unless your private keys are compromised. Strong password. Make sure to set a really hard and long password, and you are the only one to access it from a piece of paper that you control.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:14:59 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2018, 01:15:09 AM by Ucy

As long as centralized exchanges exist, nope. Even some "decentralized exchanges"  with some centralized mechanism won't escape being hacked. We need to by all means encourage real Decentralized exchanges to enjoy the full benefit of Cryptocurrency
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: