Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Crypto Card Calculator Re-launch(sortof)  (Read 1359 times)
Okele (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:13:49 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 11:20:38 PM by Okele

Hello all,

Added:

RUR. Yes, the Russian Ruble(Rouble) is now live. For our Russian friends please test it and let me know if there are any issues.

Cards:

One of the biggest requests I get is the ability to add cards to the line-up. Well, it is now live. However, I have to write the pages or extra space for older AMD cards, Nvidia, and CPU. I will be doing this over the next few days. So feel free to enter any AMD, and NVidia cards. For now I have duplicates turned off, the reason for this is because one person might get great results while another might get tremendous results.

Coins:

I have added a form for adding your own coins. It's a simple form for now, and mainly a test for another project I want to start on soon. For coins there are some things to be aware of however. I will be verifying the coins that are entered before they show up in the calculators. Why? A few reasons. One for each coin I have to use an API from off-site, like
most sites do. So those coins will need to have code written for them and integrated into the pages. Please note, I will only be accepting coins that follow scrypt. I'm excited to announce a few updates today.

www.cryptocardcalc.com
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:02:45 AM

If there is a coin you guys would like to see included into the calculator feel free to request it. I will see what I can do for you. Thanks!
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:08:51 AM

Vertcoin added to the calculator. I will be working this weekend to get as many cards as I can added to the calculator. I am also working on a sort function for giving you the best mining-> earning ratio.
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:55:59 AM

I have gone through and completely redesigned my site. Have a look around. Any feedback is welcome.

A few notes: Pricing was manually verified from Amazon this afternoon, I currently don't have a way to automate that process. I have an email out to amazon to see if they can help me with that issue. I will be adding more coins tomorrow, and I am still working on getting those coins automated. Currently I am updating the coins once per day at midnight PST.

www.cryptocardcalc.com

Thank you.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:53:15 AM

thats a good bunch of information, thanks

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
elzafir

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:27:48 AM

Hi man, great site!!!!

A couple of questions, though:

1. Total Wattage, is it wattage of the card(s) or the whole system (incl. the CPU, HDD, M/B, etc.)?
2. Total Wattage, does it count for power supply efficiency? If you could, add a field to enter our PSU efficiency, so that the total electricity cost could be calculated by the power we use from the wall, instead what is used by the computer.
3. How about an option to change the card(s) price? Sometimes you get cards cheaper than what is listed in Amazon. For example, in my country, a Gigabyte R9 290 OC is $459. Without an option to change price, the 'Time of ROI' is entirely inaccurate for me.

But, nevertheless, an awesome website!!!

Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:15:06 AM

Hi man, great site!!!!

A couple of questions, though:

1. Total Wattage, is it wattage of the card(s) or the whole system (incl. the CPU, HDD, M/B, etc.)?
2. Total Wattage, does it count for power supply efficiency? If you could, add a field to enter our PSU efficiency, so that the total electricity cost could be calculated by the power we use from the wall, instead what is used by the computer.
3. How about an option to change the card(s) price? Sometimes you get cards cheaper than what is listed in Amazon. For example, in my country, a Gigabyte R9 290 OC is $459. Without an option to change price, the 'Time of ROI' is entirely inaccurate for me.

But, nevertheless, an awesome website!!!

1. Total wattage is just the cards. The only reason I did the cards only is because there are literally millions of configurations that could be included as a total system.
2. I will look into adding efficiency rating or at very least some fields for your other components.
3. The price information is just for basis information. I still haven't figured out how to get my amazon affiliate thing to automagically update the prices without doing a huge ad, which I am trying to avoid. It's also why I didn't include cards like the 5950 etc. As they aren't as readily available as the cards listed. What I may be able to do is offer a field to override the price in the calculations so you can have a more accurate statement.

And thank you for the compliment, I have only been coding for about 3 weeks. =)
elzafir

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:50:05 AM

1. Total wattage is just the cards. The only reason I did the cards only is because there are literally millions of configurations that could be included as a total system.
2. I will look into adding efficiency rating or at very least some fields for your other components.
3. The price information is just for basis information. I still haven't figured out how to get my amazon affiliate thing to automagically update the prices without doing a huge ad, which I am trying to avoid. It's also why I didn't include cards like the 5950 etc. As they aren't as readily available as the cards listed. What I may be able to do is offer a field to override the price in the calculations so you can have a more accurate statement.

It really amazes me, because I was just thinking of the same idea, but you beat me to it Wink. The difference is, I don't know jaxhit about coding :p.

Total wattage for the cards is understandable for starter, but if you could add a fieldsto fill out our "rest of the systems" wattage (so you let the user fill it in, instead of providing a fixed wattage number), that would be awesome. Along with efficiency, which is essential, in my opinion. Just a drop down listing all the available 80+ certification (80+, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum)...or a form field where the user can fill out the efficiency themselves.

Yes, yes, a field to override the price would be awesome! Because cards are significantly cheaper in my country (Indonesia) than in the US (where the Amazon price is based).

OOT, but what language you do the coding for this website? Javascript?
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:01:10 AM

It really amazes me, because I was just thinking of the same idea, but you beat me to it Wink. The difference is, I don't know jaxhit about coding :p.

Total wattage for the cards is understandable for starter, but if you could add a fieldsto fill out our "rest of the systems" wattage (so you let the user fill it in, instead of providing a fixed wattage number), that would be awesome. Along with efficiency, which is essential, in my opinion. Just a drop down listing all the available 80+ certification (80+, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum)...or a form field where the user can fill out the efficiency themselves.

Yes, yes, a field to override the price would be awesome! Because cards are significantly cheaper in my country (Indonesia) than in the US (where the Amazon price is based).

OOT, but what language you do the coding for this website? Javascript?

I did it all in PHP. As far as the pricing situation goes, I am going to be looking into adding a currency conversion tool. This would eliminate the need to try to add currencies I know nothing about. I may just add an actual currency converter so you can just compare the US prices vs the rest of the world. For the PSU's I am considering the best way to go about that. There are a few things that are keeping me from doing that right at the moment. 1. How to implement it quickly and effectively. 2. I need to find other ways to monetize the site before I completely restructure it. While I have no expectations of making any money off of the site, it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find a reason to keep doing it. Not sure if that makes sense or not, anyway. I will look at ways I can get your suggestions in. It might be a few weeks though.
elzafir

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:28:12 AM

Yeah, man. You need to monetize it someway, at least to cover the cost of running the website.
A captcha maybe? I don't know if you could get money from that, but I think you can.

For the PSU efficiency, just divide the total card wattage by the effeciency.
For example:   

Total Card Wattage = 890W
Efficiency = 80+ Gold (which is 87% efficiency in 100% system load)

Then the Actual Wattage = Total Card Wattage / Efficiency = 890W / 87% = 1022.98W (use this number to calculate 'Energy Cost Per Day')

Your three weeks coding skills is so good, I may need 3 months to learn what you do in PHP. (I know HTML, I have no knowledge whatsoever about PHP.)
Great work!
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:07:17 AM

Major update today.

Added:
To the form:
  • Fields for misc. wattage. i.e. cpu, hdd etc.(Can remain blank.)
  • Field for current trade value of your cards. So if you're looking to upgrade cards, now you can check that against the value of your cards.(Can remain blank)

To the results app:

Cards
  • Program information(i.e. cgminer), and settings.

Coins
  • Automated coin values
  • Added fields to reflect difference in total price versus your card value

To Do List:

• Add more coins!
  • Automate Difficulty
  • Automate Pricing per card
  • Add an older card page
  • Add an entry form for older card page
  • Add an entry form for your cards
  • Add support for NVidia cards

Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:18:14 PM

I need some advice.

I set up the links from the cards to be sent to Amazon. It's the only place I have found that has all the cards I have listed. However, I got an email this morning stating that my application for the program has been rejected, due to lack of content. I really wanted to have the pricing information in there, as I think it's important in the research process for mining and as a not so in-your-face way to monetize the site. I have an affiliate account with TigerDirect, but they don't often have a lot of the cards. And also you almost need to be a rocket scientist to use them. I don't want to load the site up with ads to produce some revenue, and the donate addresses have so far gone unused.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other ways I can monetize this site? Note: I am already using bitads, but that isn't really producing anything either. Thanks in advance.
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:06:51 PM

Bug report:

I have found a bug in my calculator. Although I'm not sure it has to do with the calculator as it was working fine yesterday. For whatever reason, it is showing doge as being valued at $.00002. It's suppose to be getting this information from cryptocoininfo.com. Which btw is amazing. However, dogecoin.com is showing the value at $.00096. It's still not stellar, but I'm not sure what the issue is. Right now the results for what a card generates is showing in an exploded form. Im combing through my code, and through my db to make sure everything matches up. I will get this resolved ASAP.
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:00:44 PM

Issue regarding Dogecoin has been fixed.

Does anyone have any feature/coin requests?
bramvnl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:17:26 PM

can you add sCoin pleas?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400825.0
http://scoins.wix.com/scoins

trade
https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=SCO&b=BTC scoin to btc
https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=SCO&b=DOGE scoin to doge
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:07:56 PM

Added adbit.co for advertising. Am still using bitads.net, hopefully they can get their stuff together. Good day!
Okele (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:16:49 AM

Major Update this morning.

Yes, the site has been completely redesigned again. I'm learning to code, so I find this to be acceptable. So let's get to the update information.

Removed:

Pricing information. While I firmly believe having prices working in the calculator, without vendor support from affiliate programs, keeping up with the maintenance on pricing is way to much work for me to want to undertake, especially for free.

ROI - Because of the removal of pricing, having the ROI information was redundant.

Added -

New layout using bootstrap css. While I am quite proud of the work I did prior, it just wasn't enough to keep peoples attention. It was also necessary to add bootstrap for mobile functionality.

Better sort ability. Each card brand and card id have their own tabs. This sets it up for further development for sorting tables.

Euro currency page. I'm excited about this one, I won't pretend to be from anywhere else then Southern California. What information I have on EU comes from history books, and Dr. Who(relax, it's just some humor.)

Cash value added for total coins.

Added a ticker to the top of the page to better track coin prices.

Coming soon:

Russian, Chinese, and a few other currency pages. In fact if you have a currency you would like added. Let me know here. The site pages themselves will be in English, but the currency will be in those languages.

I'm working on a form to enter cards. Most of it is done, I'm just working out a few bugs, and working to prevent sql injections. 
NVidia cards
CPU calculator.

I hope you guys enjoy the calculator, I've put a lot of work into it. Thanks for looking!
Okele (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:20:10 PM

Added:

RUR. Yes, the Russian Ruble(Rouble) is now live. For our Russian friends please test it and let me know if there are any issues.

Cards:

One of the biggest requests I get is the ability to add cards to the line-up. Well, it is now live. However, I have to write the pages or extra space for older AMD cards, Nvidia, and CPU. I will be doing this over the next few days. So feel free to enter any AMD, and NVidia cards. For now I have duplicates turned off, the reason for this is because one person might get great results while another might get tremendous results.

Coins:

I have added a form for adding your own coins. It's a simple form for now, and mainly a test for another project I want to start on soon. For coins there are some things to be aware of however. I will be verifying the coins that are entered before they show up in the calculators. Why? A few reasons. One for each coin I have to use an API from off-site, like
most sites do. So those coins will need to have code written for them and integrated into the pages. Please note, I will only be accepting coins that follow scrypt. I'm excited to announce a few updates today.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: