Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk API  (Read 211 times)
Coin Dropper (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:12:12 PM

I am currently making a bitcointalk API for bounty managers.

Almost all of the features that a bounty hunter needs will be added like user posts (detailed), post date, post location, etc.

How much do you think I should charge users per thousand api calls?
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:04:34 PM

It could be good project tho, bounty hunters really need good kinda project. Maybe for the payment you can compare it with another project, because sometimes the bounty hunter doesn't want to join your project if the payment is too low. So goodluck for your project tho.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3465

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 10:34:50 AM

Almost all of the features that a bounty hunter needs will be added like user posts (detailed), post date, post location, etc.
You're a bit unclear on the second line but I'm guessing, you meant "bounty manager".

IIRC, few users tried to do the same thing but never succeeded (in making bounty managers using it since it doesn't cover everything [it can't check the quality of each post, when it comes to signature campaigns]), so charging for something that they still need to do some steps manually, might not be the best option.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Coin Dropper (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:01:00 PM

You're a bit unclear on the second line but I'm guessing, you meant "bounty manager".

IIRC, few users tried to do the same thing but never succeeded (in making bounty managers using it since it doesn't cover everything [it can't check the quality of each post, when it comes to signature campaigns]), so charging for something that they still need to do some steps manually, might not be the best option.

Well, you can see the post path and the post itself. Which would drastically decrease the time it would take to review the posts.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:19:42 PM

I don't think you can totally eliminate the need for a human to actually read the posts (or a sampling of the posts) to determine if they are good quality.

Maybe you could partner with someone who is happy to hire and manage a group of people who get paid to read and rate posts all day, so that the bounty manager wouldn't even have to do that. Your API could spit all the posts in one place sorted by author for the quality control person to read.

I think if you managed to package up all the components together so that from the bounty manager's point of view, he can set it and forget it, you'll have a really great product.

I would have no idea how much to charge for something like that, but I guess you could start by making sure your base expenses are covered and you make some profit.

BTW, there might be other people besides bounty managers who might find a use for such an API. I know personally, I'd love an app that would allow me to read BitcoinTalk posts on my phone. I imagine an app is basically a fancy looking set of API calls to a site, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: