Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to evaluate an ICO correctly  (Read 116 times)
MbyzIco (OP)

Activity: 410
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 09:30:12 PM

I have read many articles about the risks of investing in ICOs, but they all fall into the same, a thorough analysis of each must be done before investing.

I have seen a couple that I liked, but the evaluation when done uniformly, without seeing the specific offer of the project, is flawed.

I can not evaluate a fish for the skills of climbing a tree, but that's not why it's less than others.

What would be the method to evaluate an ICO, where its contribution more than technical, is commercial?

MBYZ
¦•-» El verdadero desafío es dar valor real a las monedas /The real challenge is to give real value to the currencies. «-•¦
¦ [Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Youtube] | [Bitcointalk ANN] | [Instagram]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:00:24 PM

A detailed analysis of ICOs is very difficult and the overall bearish market is another factor for the success of an ICO. I don't know if it's the best time to invest in an ICO.

But to your question: Personally, I think, the most important thing is a research about the team, it's characters, amount of people for this project, qualifications, experieces and previous actions. This is very important and for doing this you can use google or social websites to get more informations about this team.
Another one ist the project. Read website and whitepaper and ask yourself if the solution offered by this ICO would be neccesary or is it another copy of existing projects. The market for ICOs is very hard now and you need a good idea to exist.
After all ask questions in the telegram or via mail if you have concerns. A honest team will answer them.
You can also have a look to the price of the tokens and the maximal supply. Some ICOs are very over valued and will dump instantly after listing on exchanges.

Please be careful by looking at ICO-rating-platforms. It's no secret some are involved in shady businesses getting better places for projects if they pay...

Smiley Smiley
HappyMod

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

ICO Communtiy Management & Engagement happymod.io

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 10:59:45 PM

Evaluating an ICO can be very hard, especially when you are new in the cryptocurrency/blockchain environment.

I would look for YouTubers that have honest opinions and reviews about ICO projects. As well as always additionally do your own research.

Check for information about the team, company, see if the project matches your interest & check if there is an active growing community.

Scrembo Paul is in my eyes one of these YouTubers, feel free to watch one of his videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCVBYBssLS8

Startup for Cryptocurrency Community Management, Engagement and Marketing. Expert in ICO Advising and moderation of social media platforms happymod.io
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:35:19 PM

Thanks for this post!
After making an exhaustive review of any project that interests you and if it conveys its authenticity and transparency, that ICO would be good to invest. I think we should first think that investing in crypto is risky because one day you're rich and another day you're poor.

Currently the market for cryptocurrencies has a good time in red; you have to invest with caution. I have seen that the trend is to BUY and HOLD.
While, you invest in ICO everything goes well, the Token price is good with some discount coupons but everything changes when the Tokens goes to the Exchange.
A successful investment depends on many factors and you have to take all risks.

I have followed many successful ICOs but they was totally new in the business (Platform, APP, Services, etc.) but not so good in the exchanges, is what I've noticed until now.
Currently, I am following projects that already have experience in the business so that I can obtain better results.
The best of luck!

Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:48:00 PM

I would look for YouTubers that have honest opinions and reviews about ICO projects. As well as always additionally do your own research.
If you know him personally and really trust him, why not, but in most cases I'm very careful by following suggestions advertised by YouTubers. It's often possible they get paid for advertising this ICO and if they get paid they are biased. Hiding things in their review who are critical to gain investors. I don't want to be too critical, but after all it's your money and the marketing process in ICOs is sometimes very shady by using bumping services here in this forum, paying ICO rating platforms... Bounties are going to be big advertising machines flooding the internet with positive comments about the project how great it is...

Also this affects the entire crypto space in a bad way, all the spam created only for advertising these projects. I'm preferring the core facts of a project and not advertisements done by ICO shills.

Smiley Smiley
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:04:15 AM

Maybe you should delete the other one and focus to other one.   

What kind of evaluation do you want to know so others can explain it to you clearly. 

Evaluations : about what? 
 Whitepaper?
Platform?
Roadmap?
Earn?
Trust ?
Authenticity/legitimacy?
Product? 
Developers? 

MbyzIco (OP)

Activity: 410
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 05:28:45 PM

Maybe you should delete the other one and focus to other one.   

What kind of evaluation do you want to know so others can explain it to you clearly. 

Evaluations : about what? 
 Whitepaper?
Platform?
Roadmap?
Earn?
Trust ?
Authenticity/legitimacy?
Product? 
Developers? 

It is not so simple, in each of these forums there is a different vision of the subject, in the section of beginners and help, they go in search of an orientation who needs it and in the other section we go to see what we can learn, the theme in particular, it remains the same, like evaluating an ICO with those terms that you list if in one case it is a proposal of a network, in another it is of an exchange and in another the proposal is commercial. in the 3 cases, what weight has for example the white paper in each case and if it weighs more than the work team.
I mean, so you do not think I'm being rude in my response
I want to make a table where you can define all the most assessable points and types of ICO, give a weight to each point and from there, offer an evaluation table.
for this reason it is published in other languages ​​and in other points.

MBYZ
¦•-» El verdadero desafío es dar valor real a las monedas /The real challenge is to give real value to the currencies. «-•¦
¦ [Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Youtube] | [Bitcointalk ANN] | [Instagram]
0Shendy0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:16:41 AM

I would recommend to pay attention to these factors: they must have a good Whitepaper, read it scrupulously, cause some ICO just steal somebody's else Whitepaper and just change the name of the project. They must have MVP on their website, cause lots of projects like to write how cool they are, but don't have anything except these pompous words. Their employees should have profiles on Linkedin, for example, cause scammers are afraid of revealing their personality and often they whether don't have any profiles of steal somebody's photos. Check their groups on the different social networks, they should be active and not filled with bots and fakes. Check their profile on GitHub. You can check Cryptics - forecasting platform which does use 100% AI. Their project does satisfy with all these requirements.
cryptonandi

Activity: 188
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 09:27:30 AM

Check out https://cryptoshib.com/ to help evaluate ICOs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: