Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer - Jessica with minecraft accounts  (Read 2123 times)
joeyjoe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:51:48 AM

The accounts are stolen, phished from other members. Contacted a member of an account she stole, definatly no friend of hers! The accounts will get blocked, and he will not refund (yes thats a guy)

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 02:32:52 PM

Everyone knows "Jessica" is a guy & a phony. Beware of dealing with him, preferably just ignore his posts.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 02:37:34 PM

Why doesn't someone selling stolen goods have a scammer label? Or maybe a thief one would be more appropriate?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
annelions

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 03:43:58 PM

Definitely agree with giving "Jessica" a scammer/thief label.
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:12:17 PM

I requested, but the MOD said it was perfectly fine to do this?!??

annelions

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:24:42 PM

Perfectly fine? But... they're stolen accounts...  Huh
hmblm1245

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:25:35 PM

Mods said its fine to sell stolen accounts or they do not have enough proof to label Jess as a scammer/thief?
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:36:16 PM

Quote from: joeyjoe on September 21, 2011, 09:00:47 PM
Any update with jessica? selling stolen mine craft accounts that users cancel in days anyway. Got in touch with one of the account owers.
Requested a refund but am being ignored. Any chance of SPAMMER tag?

No, as long as you got what you ordered I can do no such thing. Jessica is well within her right to issue a replacement instead of a refund. Lemon laws may apply after a few replacements, though.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:41:09 PM

Any update with jessica? selling stolen mine craft accounts that users cancel in days anyway. Got in touch with one of the account owers.

No, as long as you got what you ordered I can do no such thing. Jessica is well within her right to issue a replacement instead of a refund. Lemon laws may apply after a few replacements, though.
What you ordered were "Jessica"'s friends' accounts, what you got were stolen accounts whose owners did in no way know of this "Jessica".

Keep fighting, buddy.
hmblm1245

Activity: 628

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:43:04 PM

I guess he/she did not scam you because you got what you purchased. Keep asking for accounts and give them back to their rightful owners till he/she's out. Then the only ting left for he/she to do is issue a refund or get labeled as a scammer on the Lemon Law.
annelions

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 05:07:21 PM

Say you bought a car from someone, only to get pulled over by the cops the next morning. You find out that the valet (Jessica) took it from a customer the night before, turned around and sold it to you.

You got what you paid for (a car), but under false pretenses. The customer may have given the valet the keys to park the car, but they never intended for the car to be sold. I'm no lawyer, but I do believe that (at least in most places) you'd have the right to at least sue the supposed owner for your money back under these circumstances.

I don't think the court would say "Oh, well, you did get a car, what are we supposed to do about it?"
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 05:17:31 PM

The accounts are stolen, phished from other members. Contacted a member of an account she stole, definatly no friend of hers! The accounts will get blocked, and he will not refund (yes thats a guy)

Got proof of them being stolen?
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 05:28:38 PM

Ive contacted one of the users via YouTube (with the same username and videos of minecraft on his account, also password was the same). I told him his account was sold to me, and he replied saying hes now changed his password and wants to know who done it.

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 05:29:34 PM

This thread has relevant information as to the theft
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44389.0

This one as well

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=44993.0

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
annelions

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 05:33:59 PM

Aside from apparently having hundreds of accounts (discounts for more than 10), '"more accounts every day":

I get new ones coming in like every few days ^^

How many "friends" would they have to have to have more coming in all the time? And Jessica saying:

Yes, and in the unlikely event that you lose access to an account, I can replace it with a new one free of charge. At prices this cheap, you're pretty much spending nothing for these accounts though Wink

Why would you lose access if the account is, as claimed, abandoned? And why would her "friends" have abandoned thousands of dollars worth of MC accounts?

A MC account is/was between $9 (in alpha) and $22 (current value) USD. That's between $900 and $2200 worth of accounts (assuming "only") 100 accounts. And s/he's selling them all off for about $125/$250 total?

Not to mention everything that other people have pointed out.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 05:57:53 PM

She's selling the same account to multiple people. Even if she did get a 13 year old boy to sell his account to her, it's gotta be against some type of rule to sell an account and then change the password, then refuse to issue a refund. You can't change the email tied to the account, so "she" retains full control over the account after purchase.
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 07:07:07 PM

I asked for a refund since both accounts had their passwords changed, even though i wouldnt use a stolen account, and she has ignored the posts. I would love to get inside his pc Wink

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 07:10:03 PM

Thanks for the replies with more specific info, it was just a little vague before.  It's being looked into now.
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:01:01 PM

Owns domain called accountland.net

Gonna call it

Registrant Contact Information:
   Name: sandeep vr
   Email: iamthesandy@gmail.com
   Phone: 9008016782
   Address Line 1: 2e 3rd floot
   Address Line 2:
   Address Line 3: None
   City: bangalore
   State: karnataka
   Zip: 560023
   Phone: 91-9008016782

Technical Contact Information:
   Address Line 2:

Administrative Contact Information:
   Address Line 2:

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:14:30 PM

The way he do phishing so openly is scary, don't they have any laws or respect any laws?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: