Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:33:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Blade Potentiometer  (Read 604 times)
BRADLEYPLOOF (OP)

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:04:19 AM

Just trying to find the right potentiometer for my blade...it broke off.  And there are just too many options on Amazon to figure out which one it is without buying a ton of them and taking a guess...

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:06:35 AM

Are you sure you cant repair it if you open the casing? Maybe you can solder some wires in there to the board?
BRADLEYPLOOF (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:08:34 AM

Are you sure you cant repair it if you open the casing? Maybe you can solder some wires in there to the board?

I'd rather have the whole thing...easier that way.  I just need to find the right one with correct ohm/watt/volt info..
Hobie

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:26:21 AM

Look at the 3 digit number on the top.  That tells you the ohms rating.  For example, the unbroken one in the photo has 204.  Thats 2-0-0000 ohms, so 200000, or 200K ohms.  Then just find a pot that is the same size to fit where the broken one is and solder it in.  Unfortunately, you'll need to know what it was adjusted to.  I can't help you with that, you'll need to find a schematic or something.  IF the broken one hasn't been accidentally changed from handling it, then you may be able to measure it with a DMM and adjust the new one to the same setting.
BRADLEYPLOOF (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:33:32 AM

Look at the 3 digit number on the top.  That tells you the ohms rating.  For example, the unbroken one in the photo has 204.  Thats 2-0-0000 ohms, so 200000, or 200K ohms.  Then just find a pot that is the same size to fit where the broken one is and solder it in.  Unfortunately, you'll need to know what it was adjusted to.  I can't help you with that, you'll need to find a schematic or something.  IF the broken one hasn't been accidentally changed from handling it, then you may be able to measure it with a DMM and adjust the new one to the same setting.

Thanks!  The one that's broken has definitely been fiddled with (by me).  I was seeing if there was a stopping point to the turns.  It's supposed to be adjusted to 1.2V when it's in place.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:09:32 AM

I got mine down to 1.05 for the low clock with next to no heat off the blades
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: