Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:29:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question Regarding Ductwork  (Read 140 times)
omegalulz (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:16:58 AM

Hi there, I'm currently running several Antminers in a spare room in my basement and the room they are located in gets quite hot, especially now that it is summer time.

I purchased some 3d printed shrouds that screw right overtop of the exhaust fans and can be connected to duct work.
I have been considering buying the appropriate duct work and use a duct collar to mount the exhaust duct out my window.

My main question is, will the force of the air exiting the antminer be enough to push all the air through the duct without overheating the miner itself?
The miner is quite a few feet below the window, and since heat rises I would assume most of the heat would exit through the vent hole, though I am not sure.
I have also seen "in-line boosters" which look like they could help, but are quite expensive when you span them over several miners.

Any thoughts are much appreciated, Thank you Smiley
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:00:08 PM

Gods forbid you perhaps read one of the MANY existing threads on this... Most recent is here

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
omegalulz (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:04:55 PM

Gods forbid you perhaps read one of the MANY existing threads on this... Most recent is here

Thanks for the link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: