Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bounty Scams] Is there any way to avoid Scam Bounties?  (Read 130 times)
ankurguta87 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:16:58 AM

Hi,

After Repux, Joy token, EOZ, Giftcoin this time the next scam knocking at the door is Uniatarplay. They are banning every member who is asking for bounty in chat. And bounty thread is dead since end of ICO.

Repux and Joytoken were managed by Amazix

EOZ was managed by TOkensuite

Obviously, These companies will get paid for organizing bounties. So i think its a new kind of bounty scam they are playing with member of bitcointalk.

Is there any way to punish those bounty manager or those bounty making projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:33:05 AM

Repux, Joy token and giftcoin was no longer under Amazix management IIRC. They droped managing their campaign after a disagreement on something like the token distribution. I wasn't so sure tho. I have only read this on their community channel update.
Anyway, didn't they paid the bounty?

I have worked and saw Amazix work and by far, they are one of the most reputable and professionally organized ICO agency.

Anyway, I firmly believe that it isn't the bounty managers fault. It is partly the project teams fault so you can not put the blame on the managers itself.
Tho bounty managers should prioritize that they should've first checked and assured that the agreed payment will be paid after the bounty to avoid accusations such as this.
Milansilver7

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:13:14 AM

I think you can not punish a bounty manager because the campaign they manage is a scam, the manager and his team are also victims of the ICO Scam, they only deal with the campaign, I think unfairly blame bounty managers, we all know every gift we follow is vulnerable to deception and we are used to it.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:36:11 AM

Hi,

After Repux, Joy token, EOZ, Giftcoin this time the next scam knocking at the door is Uniatarplay. They are banning every member who is asking for bounty in chat. And bounty thread is dead since end of ICO.

Repux and Joytoken were managed by Amazix

EOZ was managed by TOkensuite

Obviously, These companies will get paid for organizing bounties. So i think its a new kind of bounty scam they are playing with member of bitcointalk.

Is there any way to punish those bounty manager or those bounty making projects.

It will be very difficult to prove the campaign manager knew beforehand that these bounties will scam their users, so probably the bounty manager will escape with his reputation intact, however the owners of the bounty should probably be punished but due to the nature of the market it will be difficult to find their identities but the bad reputation generated by this can punish their project more than they think since many people from bitcointalk can spread the word over the internet about what they did.
Tone147

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:38:15 AM

So most of the time you don't have anything to do.
If the ICO project is a fraud, they will not pay any bounty.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
hyadumadha

Activity: 254
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:47:10 AM

Just follow simple rule, do not join in the campaign that managed by those bounty manager. Look for someone else dude!
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:50:19 AM

Just follow simple rule, do not join in the campaign that managed by those bounty manager. Look for someone else dude!

Maybe the bounty managers should become more strict on accepting bounties because there are lot of scam ICO and they need to make a research first before accepting bounties so it won't ruin their reputation.

helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 07:10:39 AM

There is no any 100% sure system to find legit bounty and to avoid scam project but if you search some dip information about project you will find if that project will we success or not. You can search their site and try to check their developer team and advisory team how much they experienced and check their social media account for how much they trustable. And you can check some ico rating site for more info. I think by this dip check about that project, you realize if it legit or not.

butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:14:12 AM

Anyway, I firmly believe that it isn't the bounty managers fault. It is partly the project teams fault so you can not put the blame on the managers itself.
Tho bounty managers should prioritize that they should've first checked and assured that the agreed payment will be paid after the bounty to avoid accusations such as this.
I don't think the bounty managers can do anything to prevent scam. Sure, they can vet the ICO as far as it is humanly possible (and due to their experience they can do that much better that you and I can), but at the end you never know. Even IOCs that appear to be great can eventually turn out to be scam.

So, I don't think you can absolutely root out the possibility of scam bounties. Each time you participate in an ICO, you are taking some risk.
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:22:22 AM

I don't think the bounty managers can do anything to prevent scam. Sure, they can vet the ICO as far as it is humanly possible (and due to their experience they can do that much better that you and I can), but at the end you never know. Even IOCs that appear to be great can eventually turn out to be scam.

So, I don't think you can absolutely root out the possibility of scam bounties. Each time you participate in an ICO, you are taking some risk.

its true, even if the bounty manager are well known for his successful campaign, if the intention of the project is really to scam the community, its so hard to avoid and to know.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:29:21 AM

I dont think its any bounty manager who do it as long term work will join to scam ICO there were many ICO es which were done very well and only in the end were scamed so its very dificult know who is who.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 08:31:18 AM

Repux, Joy token and giftcoin was no longer under Amazix management IIRC. They droped managing their campaign after a disagreement on something like the token distribution. I wasn't so sure tho. I have only read this on their community channel update.
Anyway, didn't they paid the bounty?

I have worked and saw Amazix work and by far, they are one of the most reputable and professionally organized ICO agency.

I think I have achieved something from this information you provided because before this time I had wanted to accuse Amazix for some of the issues raised about non bounty payments, but now I know better. Thanks

HOMT