Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC for Food  (Read 1723 times)
jared@bitmunchies (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 02:18:08 PM

Keep your eye out for new products and new lower prices at BitMunchies dot com in the upcoming days.  10% off total order for all new customers! Let me know what you would like to see @BitMunchies and we will do our best to make it happen at a competitive price.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 03:06:17 PM

Cool Site!

Can you get Kinder Chocolates? Especially the Kinder Eggs and Kinder Joy. Also the Beuno Bars  Cheesy
Love em!

The eggs aren't available in the usa, sucks

Thanks!

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
annelions

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 03:32:48 PM

Cool Site!

Can you get Kinder Chocolates? Especially the Kinder Eggs and Kinder Joy. Also the Beuno Bars  Cheesy
Love em!

Thanks!

Charlie

The eggs are ILLEGAL in the US, which sucks even more. You can get your eggs confiscated and have to pay large fines for having them. Other Kinder products are fine, and almost as delicious. But not as much fun.  Sad
mute20

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 03:41:26 PM

Cool Site!

Love em!

Thanks!

Charlie

The eggs are ILLEGAL in the US, which sucks even more. You can get your eggs confiscated and have to pay large fines for having them. Other Kinder products are fine, and almost as delicious. But not as much fun.  Sad

They still sell these in Canada must be something bad.
annelions

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 03:46:23 PM

They do, indeed. If you drive to Canada and customs catches you bringing them back, from the various news stories I've read, it can be a $500 fine PER EGG. Ridiculous.
enygma

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 03:51:12 PM

Cool Site!

Love em!

Thanks!

Charlie

I believe they are illegal because the FDA forbids toys being sold with food or something along those lines. Nothing wrong with the egg itself, but the fact that it is sold with a toy inside is apparently what makes it illegal.

Obligatory "Donate to" vanity address:

1enygmaek8Y4P7U8QFuZdvVASNbHJgxVm
blueadept

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:03:30 PM

I'd buy Kinder eggs too.

Like my posts?  Connect with me on LinkedIn and endorse my "Bitcoin" skill.
Decentralized, instant off-chain payments.
annelions

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:09:17 PM

I believe they are illegal because the FDA forbids toys being sold with food or something along those lines. Nothing wrong with the egg itself, but the fact that it is sold with a toy inside is apparently what makes it illegal.

From what I understand, it has to do with Nestle/Mars rivalry? About 10 years ago, Nestle came out with a "WonderBall" (anyone remember those?). It was a chocolate ball, with packs of candy and stickers inside. IIRC, Mars didn't like this for one reason or another. One thing led to another, and the "WonderBalls" ended up outlawed because "kids might choke".

Something like that, anyway.

Personally, I love Kinder Eggs. I'd love to be able to buy them regularly.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 04:48:34 PM

From what I understand, it has to do with Nestle/Mars rivalry? About 10 years ago, Nestle came out with a "WonderBall" (anyone remember those?). It was a chocolate ball, with packs of candy and stickers inside. IIRC, Mars didn't like this for one reason or another. One thing led to another, and the "WonderBalls" ended up outlawed because "kids might choke".

Something like that, anyway.

Personally, I love Kinder Eggs. I'd love to be able to buy them regularly.

It really sucks, I order them online from Canada but I'm forced to pay a premium. If the OP wants to sell them to me I'd be so happy  Cheesy

From my research
Kinder Eggs, a popular European chocolate egg that contains a toy inside, is banned from importation into the United States because it contains a "non-nutritive object embedded in it."
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/21/easter-reminder-kinder-eggs-banned-in-the-united-states/

I hear it started because some kid choked and died. Who eats the egg whole, I mean seriously?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

annelions

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 04:55:56 PM

I hear it started because some kid choked and died. Who eats the egg whole, I mean seriously?

I've never heard of any kid actually dying like that. I've heard of watchgroups THEORIZING that a kid could die, but I haven't actually seen any stories that I remember.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 07:44:36 PM

I've never heard of any kid actually dying like that. I've heard of watchgroups THEORIZING that a kid could die, but I haven't actually seen any stories that I remember.

Wether it happened or not, bottom line is its nor fair for the rest of us  Sad

annelions

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:13:59 PM

Definitely not fair. I remember reading one story a year or two ago where they were discussing banning the things in the UK, for the same reasons they're banned here (choking hazard). Not fair. Kinder Eggs are cool!
enygma

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:52:16 PM

It's stupid... but it is one of those things where a bureaucrat sees is study showing a risk of bad things, and legislates against it for the simple reason that because he was made aware of the risk, IF someone chokes and dies, does he want to be the bureaucrat held accountable for it for knowingly refusing to implement legislation to mitigate that risk? Given the fact that people in the US sue more people for more things than pretty much any other country, you know there will be a witch hunt, and it will come back to that guy that said, "No... this legislation is stupid" and bite him in the ass to the tune of $1m and his job. And that's just how it is...   Roll Eyes

On topic though, it's cool to see that some basic necessities are starting to be traded for BTC. I haven't bought anything using BTC... yet... since I am waiting for prices to stabilize a bit (or at least go up in value), since the bitcoins I personally have were bought with cash. At the value I bought them for, I could have done a whole grocery run... now I can barely get a bucket of KFC for it... Smiley

Obligatory "Donate to" vanity address:

1enygmaek8Y4P7U8QFuZdvVASNbHJgxVm
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 08:55:48 PM

At the value I bought them for, I could have done a whole grocery run... now I can barely get a bucket of KFC for it... Smiley

I hear ya, alot of members have the same issue

annelions

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 03:33:29 AM

I'd like to suggest labeling your products (when possible) to reference allergens. Wheat/gluten, soy, milk. If someone is searching Google for "soy free", "lactose (or casein) free" or "gluten free" food, your site might pop up in search results and lead to someone else possibly joining the Bitcoin community and another sale for you.
BurntSnow

Activity: 462

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 06:15:43 AM

I will pay you a ****ing 5 Bitcoins for a Kinder egg.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

annelions

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 06:30:51 AM

I will pay you a ****ing 5 Bitcoins for a Kinder egg.

5BTC an egg? Wow. Just... wow.
BitVapes

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 11:11:11 AM

I agree it is a stupid law that violates personal freedom, but wiki cites 7 deaths worldwide from kinder egg choking :

Since 1991, at least 7 children worldwide have died of choking after swallowing the toy inside the Kinder egg.[7]

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Mother+calls+for+ban+after+girl+chokes+on+Kinder+egg.-a060703736

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
BTCrow

Activity: 243

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 01:23:25 PM

I agree it is a stupid law that violates personal freedom, but wiki cites 7 deaths worldwide from kinder egg choking :

Since 1991, at least 7 children worldwide have died of choking after swallowing the toy inside the Kinder egg.[7]

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Mother+calls+for+ban+after+girl+chokes+on+Kinder+egg.-a060703736

If this is true the parents have 100% of the responsibility into this. First there's indication on the paper who said the age child can get it or not which is still a good indicator if your child will be able to understand if this is a toy or not. Second if you didn't watch your child when eating the egg... then In my opinion you won't be the father / mother of the day.

The toy inside are very small of course and can lead to choking. So people must use their brain when involve kids...

Btw, I'm from Canada / Québec as most people now should know, so if you want eggs in the case bitmunchies couldn't bring them on their site, I can send unlimited number of eggs.

annelions

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 08:21:13 PM

Seven kids in ~20 (or just 10?) years? I think more kids die each year in waterparks and fenced pools than that total. I don't hear anyone yelling to get rid of pools. Ridiculous.

If you're going to sell Kinder Eggs, I'd be very careful. There was a Canadian site that used to sell whole Kinder Eggs (by the case, too) to the US. I was tempted to order from 'em. Apparently, they caught the attention of Customs and/or the USPS and the last I saw, they only sold the toys from inside the egg. Not as much fun at all, IMO.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: