Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:39:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ CLOSED ] VX-1 Miner Group Buy - Free 1 TH/s Miner Giveaway  (Read 11966 times)
Maxximus007

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:58:33 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 09:13:44 AM by Maxximus007

Thanks for your explanation about the PSU, it's not a big problem to arrange the bigger ones, it's just a waste of a perfectly good one Wink..
As someone wrote before, even the raffle is not there, count me in. Would order more, but the one time drop shipping and the short time frame for ordering is holding me back.

To me personally, it looks like a legit offer! I've ordered a miner from a so called 'big player' 5 months ago and still no ETA (FYI Monarchs from ButtF*ck Labs). I've ordered from shady Chinese players, and although there was some delay, they did deliver. Okay proof that they make what they say is a bit thin, so still want pictures of the inside and some screenshots from cgminer though..

And, if this goes as described here and on their site, I will order VX-2 without a doubt.

Edit: Just read that MultiMiner has gotten support for the VX-1, so if this is a scam someone is going great lenghts for it..
BuildTheFuture

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:23:05 PM

Is there some cheaper source of Bitfury chips these guys found? Because the last group buy of them I found was for $5/chip. If this rig has 400 chips total, that is $2k, so I don't see how they are pricing it at $2250?
Maxximus007

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:29:11 PM

Why not? According to their own site it's not ment for making big bucks on the sale, but to give them a better price point for the 50 pcs they gonna keep themselves. And the price is $ 2550, so roughly $ 550 - 650 for the rest of the parts and some profit..
For this group buy they are gonna give away the shipping, but in turn they don't have to do marketing for this lot.
BuildTheFuture

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:34:56 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 05:00:30 PM by BuildTheFuture

Is it really that cheap to get the boards designed, built, etc? I have no clue, would like someone with experience to say. And yes, some pics of the boards in the case would be great.

edit: Just to add: I AM potentially interested in this. I just need a bit more proof.

Actually shipping a prototype to the multi-miner guy would be great.

Showing the chip purchase bitcoin transaction(s) would be good - getting confirmation from megabigpower on the chip order would be even better.

Some pics of their boards in the prototype rigs would be good.

These things are not asking that much, if they can't/won't then good luck selling all 2k in the next few weeks. Bitmain seems to drop their price in line with difficulty every couple weeks, who knows by 2nd half March they may be close to this price and I know they are trustworthy.
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 05:25:00 PM

Contingent upon proof this is a valid, working machine in ready-to-ship state and not just a pipe dream or scam, I'm interested in one.  However, I'd need it with a 240V power supply (or better yet, a universal or switchable power supply).

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
The Observer (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:24:23 PM

Is there some cheaper source of Bitfury chips these guys found? Because the last group buy of them I found was for $5/chip. If this rig has 400 chips total, that is $2k, so I don't see how they are pricing it at $2250?

The group buy on chips had a profit margin, when you order a ton of reels from MBP i am sure you get them for a lot cheaper.
Is it really that cheap to get the boards designed, built, etc? I have no clue, would like someone with experience to say. And yes, some pics of the boards in the case would be great.

edit: Just to add: I AM potentially interested in this. I just need a bit more proof.

Actually shipping a prototype to the multi-miner guy would be great.

Showing the chip purchase bitcoin transaction(s) would be good - getting confirmation from megabigpower on the chip order would be even better.

Some pics of their boards in the prototype rigs would be good.

These things are not asking that much, if they can't/won't then good luck selling all 2k in the next few weeks. Bitmain seems to drop their price in line with difficulty every couple weeks, who knows by 2nd half March they may be close to this price and I know they are trustworthy.

I have already requested pictures of the guts and got an e-mail back from them that they would be happy to do so this week, they are taking the weekend off as they have spent over a month working non stop. Also, you mentioned 2k units, which is vastly off, only 200 units, which i know they wont have issues selling at all, which is why i am eager to hit our 50 as that is 1/4 of all machines available and they are getting ready to launch their advertising for the website this week once they get the better pictures he said. which means i have about a week to a week and a half to get the order in before they sell out. Once they get pictures of the guts and stuff up these things will fly off the shelves. Bitmain is charging close to the same money for 180 GH/s, and this is 1 TH/s.

Contingent upon proof this is a valid, working machine in ready-to-ship state and not just a pipe dream or scam, I'm interested in one.  However, I'd need it with a 240V power supply (or better yet, a universal or switchable power supply).

Even though they are only about a month from ready to ship, i dont think anybody is going to have the luxury of ordering post production, its not a continual assembly line, its 200 then done.

Sorry it took so long to reply to all of you, i went out shooting this morning and got all 4 wheels buried in the snowy mud. Took 3 hours to dig out.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 06:45:24 PM

I just wanted to speak up a bit.

First of all - this is in no way an endorsement. I have no more proof of these devices than you folks.

That said, the guys from VX Miners have been in touch with me for a month or so as they work on adding support for their miner to MultiMiner (one of my projects). They have been very professional, very friendly, and nothing in our communications has seemed shady or questionable.

Also my communications with them are in-line with what The Observer is saying: it's just a couple of guys (father / son I believe) working together to try to make some nice hardware without all the BS.

Again, not an endorsement, no proof, but nothing has triggered any alarms in my conversations with them either.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
BuildTheFuture

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:52:31 PM

Observer, thanks for the correction, don't know where I got 2k units from.

nwoolls, have they given you any code or anything to look at yet? So development is really occurring?
Maxximus007

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:11:51 PM

I think these 200 units will be gone in a couple of minutes once the pictures are there, and they have gained a bit more attention. My Neptune first batch is more expensive per Th/s, and will be delivered (hopefully) around the same time. Ppl ordered for second batch will be behind for more than a month and will for sure have paid more than this..
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 07:29:54 PM

nwoolls, have they given you any code or anything to look at yet? So development is really occurring?

They have not committed code back yet - no. They are still working on getting it working properly with MobileMiner and enabling simple overclocking from the MulitMiner UI. I have done a few big refactorings for things like Remoting, so I've put them behind a couple of times.

I can say that they have asked questions that make it very clear that, if they aren't actually coding on MultiMiner, this is a very complex scam.

These are bright, well spoken individuals. There's no communication barrier, no language barrier, and they are obviously competent developers (or can appear to be).

From my last communication with them they are still testing and will be committing the code back to me next week.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 08:14:49 PM

I think it's just that we've all taught ourselves to be wary and distrustful of a deal that's too good to be true, and absent proof, this falls in that category.  Give us some concrete explanation that this is real, and we're willing to jump in.

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
Maxximus007

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:23:36 PM

Just read on their website that they have received a big order just today, so almost half of their production is already gone.. http://www.vxminers.com/blog/2014/02/09/our-biggest-order-yet. For a scam it's kinda stupid to limit yourself big time in getting qty's in..

@The Observer: hope that you can reserve at least the current group buy qty. Hope to hear tomorrow or wednesday at the latest if I have a go for 2 more.

@nwoolls: thank you for your contribution to this topic, your words are very helpful to at least establish that they exist, and not working for a Nigerian government department Wink
The Observer (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:39:09 PM

Just read on their website that they have received a big order just today, so almost half of their production is already gone.. http://www.vxminers.com/blog/2014/02/09/our-biggest-order-yet. For a scam it's kinda stupid to limit yourself big time in getting qty's in..

@The Observer: hope that you can reserve at least the current group buy qty. Hope to hear tomorrow or wednesday at the latest if I have a go for 2 more.

@nwoolls: thank you for your contribution to this topic, your words are very helpful to at least establish that they exist, and not working for a Nigerian government department Wink

OH SHIT !!!!! good catch Maxximus007. I thought i would have more time than it appears i am going to have to get 50 orders together. I had not e-mailed them to see if they would at least honor free shipping for us if we dont hit 50 units because i didnt want them to feel like i was failing at this, but i guess its probably about time i send that e-mail so i can at least salvage what we have gotten together if they get another big order.

In the mean time, as stated in the original post, this is my first ever group buy and i really dont know much about running one. Do you guys have any idea on how i can get a little more traffic to this thread from the forum to at least increase our visibility in hopes of getting a few more orders so we can get these machines?  I am getting kind of panicky with them selling so quick and borderline going to just place my order with them now to make sure i get at least two of them, but i dont want to take my numbers away from my own group buy.

HELP?Huh ANYONE?? There has got to be a few of you here that know more about this than me.
ravic

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:17:29 PM

If they can post a video with it running put me in for 3.
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:46:10 PM

Sorry, this thread stinks of scam.

The Observer - created 10-01-2014, 00:24:38, a brand newbie running a group buy for 200 units worth upwards of 2k each - no credibility, no experience - sounds legit

Maxximus007 - created 08-01-2014, 12:18:53, 18 hours earlier and The Observer's biggest defender of how 'legit' this all sounds.

Then there is the similar language used by observer and maxximus, one (tries) to write a bit posher but they both use the same expressions, such as this from observer:

Thanks Maxximus, got you marked down. Will for sure be getting some pictures of the inside soon i hope. Maybe a video too if they are willing to accommodate shipping me one to upload.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452850.msg5024513#msg5024513

And then this from maxximus:

I think these 200 units will be gone in a couple of minutes once the pictures are there, and they have gained a bit more attention. My Neptune first batch is more expensive per Th/s, and will be delivered (hopefully) around the same time. Ppl ordered for second batch will be behind for more than a month and will for sure have paid more than this..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452850.msg5040506#msg5040506

The two accounts also use kinda (maxximus) and kind of (observer) in a very similar way. This looks like one person with two accounts. One account (observer) speaks 'proper' (although he spells 'ment' instead of 'meant'). The other account (maxximus) speaks 'street' and luv ya init.

Then there's the whole host of other newbies all claiming to be in on this group buy.

In short observer = maxximus = scam

@nwoolls - you surprise me in giving credence to this joker. Your comments have the effect of legitimizing this group buy. Are you sure you want to be associated in this way?

@observer, next time, you might try creating your two 'worker' accounts more than 18 hours apart - and work on the Engerlishe

donations not accepted
The Observer (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:55:44 PM

The Observer - created 10-01-2014, 00:24:38, a brand newbie running a group buy for 200 units worth upwards of 2k each - no credibility, no experience - sounds legit

Maxximus007 - created 08-01-2014, 12:18:53, 18 hours earlier and The Observer's biggest defender of how 'legit' this all sounds.

Then there is the similar language used by observer and maxximus, one (tries) to write a bit posher but they both use the same expressions, such as this from observer:

Thanks Maxximus, got you marked down. Will for sure be getting some pictures of the inside soon i hope. Maybe a video too if they are willing to accommodate shipping me one to upload.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452850.msg5024513#msg5024513

And then this from maxximus:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452850.msg5040506#msg5040506

The two accounts also use kinda (maxximus) and kind of (observer) in a very similar way. This looks like one person with two accounts. One account (observer) speaks 'proper' (although he spells 'ment' instead of 'meant'). The other account (maxximus) speaks 'street' and luv ya init.

Then there's the whole host of other newbies all claiming to be in on this group buy.

In short observer = maxximus = scam

@nwoolls - you surprise me in giving credence to this joker. Your comments have the effect of legitimizing this group buy. Are you sure you want to be associated in this way?

@observer, next time, you might try creating your two 'worker' accounts more than 18 hours apart - and work on the Engerlishe

Thanks for your USLESS input mate. Can we get a moderator around here that can take a screenshot with IP's on the posts so we can shut this moron up. His conspiracy theory mentality is enough to make one want to vomit.

“Conspiracy theory is the ultimate refuge of the powerless. If you cannot change your own life, it must be that some greater force controls the world.”
― Roger Cohen

In other words, its not my fault your an idiot.
The Observer (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:02:12 PM

One Better since the mods are not quick to oblige requests.

Maxx, if you wouldnt mind following suit so we can shut this fucking idiot up i would appreciate it.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 10:03:01 PM

Ahem?

First of all - this is in no way an endorsement. I have no more proof of these devices than you folks.

Again, not an endorsement, no proof, but nothing has triggered any alarms in my conversations with them either.

People can make their own decisions. I only spoke honestly of my interactions with these folks.

nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:05:27 PM

Thanks for your USLESS input mate. Can we get a moderator around here that can take a screenshot with IP's on the posts so we can shut this moron up. His conspiracy theory mentality is enough to make one want to vomit.

“Conspiracy theory is the ultimate refuge of the powerless. If you cannot change your own life, it must be that some greater force controls the world.”
― Roger Cohen

In other words, its not my fault your an idiot.

Any now the aggression, this is like watching the 5 stages of grief. Calling me a 'fucking idiot' when clearly I am not, is not going to go down well with your thread viewers my friend.

donations not accepted
MWNinja

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 10:09:38 PM

Put me down for 10.  Hopefully we can confirm it's real before having to pay.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: