Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing Smartly in ICOs  (Read 195 times)
Sir Cross (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:26:50 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 05:24:48 PM by Sir Cross

Investing in ICOs is known to be more than a gamble, than an investment. However, even if it is considered to be a game of chance, you cannot just throw money and invest in different ICOs randomly. Before investing, it is important to look at three aspects of an ICO; understanding of an ICOs value, the team behind the company, and the interest of people in it. In addition, it is also important to make sure that the people behind the company are real people. Knowing their background and where they are located would be helpful as well. Moreover, hype regarding their ICO drops should also be taken into account, and as well as the number of people who follow them in different social media platforms. Lastly, it is also helpful to scan their white paper for more information and to be able to gain understanding on what they want to build.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 08:37:32 AM

Investing in ICOs is known to be more than a gamble, than an investment. However, even if it is considered to be a game of chance, you cannot just throw money and invest in different ICOs randomly. Before investing, it is important to look at three aspects of an ICO; understanding of an ICOs value, the team behind the company, and the interest of people in it. In addition, it is also important to make sure that the people behind the company are real people. Knowing their background and where they are located would be helpful as well. Moreover, hype regarding their ICO drops should also be taken into account, and as well as the number of people who follow them in different social media platforms. Lastly, it is also helpful to scan their white paper for more information and to be able to gain understanding on what they want to build.

I think the above information is useful to the crypto investor community however one very important you also need to consider when choosing an ICO is the project whitepaper. It's from the project whitepaper content that you get a detailed information about the ICO.

HOMT

Powered by,
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 05:29:01 PM

Very useful information but I would want to emphasize
Dyor

Which entails doing every proper research regarding any project
After which as a crypto earner, decide to be one, two or more of these three things

1. Be a trader
2. Be an investor
3. Be a hodler

You must be one of the three to survive this crypto space
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:29:27 PM

I think the above information is useful to the crypto investor community however one very important you also need to consider when choosing an ICO is the project whitepaper. It's from the project whitepaper content that you get a detailed information about the ICO.

Knowing the whitepaper is important but it should not be your sole basis. A whitepaper may easily be created even if it has no substance and the ICO was made just as a hoax. The whitepaper is not the sole determiner of the success of the project but it should give you an overview of its concept.

Many have been experiencing trouble in choosing an ICO to invest in since there are many scams these days. Investors should be diligent enough to do their own research.
DrMill

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 02:55:31 PM

I want to add more aspects. Such ICO tokens must be developed on blockchain, otherwise they shouldn't be considered cryptocurrency. Also, do they really need blockchain technology, or just other traditional ones can solve the problem?

https://www.skyfchain.io/
SKYFchain is the first blockchain based
Business-to-Robots (B2R) Operating Platform
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 03:08:37 PM

I think all token based icos should be regulated by some authorities as they are proving to defame the market due to easy creation and scamming after raising funds, there should be some checks and registration process for the icos just to avoid the fraud that have recently seen often.

Balmoon

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:27:35 PM

I will add a bit based on my experience I usually see for what program the project is and about what, because it also affects the investment on the project.
tunglong

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:31:58 PM

Hi friend, i fully agree with you that participation in any campaign is a risk, including the risk that the ICO will be canceled. So before investing in any ICO, we need to consider more than 2 times!
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:35:01 PM

Choice of ICO is the first thing, never hurry or decide on a glance. Wait a few days and research. What you might seem promising might be not so good while you keep following it. However good you may feel about one, never invest all in an ICO. Diversify your funds between few options of your choices. That way you'll have some options to keep you happy.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

dimasty_lucky

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:42:40 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 11:38:41 AM by dimasty_lucky

I agree with you. And in the conditions of today's market, when people are in doubt, it is necessary to carefully approach the selection of ICO. But if the project is strong, then when everything starts to grow, you can make good money.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 03:43:56 PM

I think all token based icos should be regulated by some authorities as they are proving to defame the market due to easy creation and scamming after raising funds, there should be some checks and registration process for the icos just to avoid the fraud that have recently seen often.

They are in the process of doing it as far as I know. Project can become scam even after it though. There were several projects that investors were willing to send their money in exchange of the tokens but after listing the token in the exchanges, the team just sit and enjoy the money they got. That can still be considered scam and they can engage into pump and dump using the funds for more scam attempt. No one file a case because they still thread lightly.

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:50:16 PM

Another thing is don't be greedy when investing like for example, the ICO says that you will gain 30x or 50x from your investment on just a short period of time without any conclusive evidence that will back the sources of income and their respective product, I saw some people investing from that schemes and the sad part about that is the team behind that particular ICO is mostly anonymous, tried to warn but some them did not listen, it turns out to be a scam and those people who proceeded are calling crypto scam in general.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:51:08 PM

They are in the process of doing it as far as I know. Project can become scam even after it though. There were several projects that investors were willing to send their money in exchange of the tokens but after listing the token in the exchanges, the team just sit and enjoy the money they got. That can still be considered scam and they can engage into pump and dump using the funds for more scam attempt. No one file a case because they still thread lightly.

I hope you mean to say about the ICO projects which can be really acheived the maximum cap and listing the coin in the exchange with the low value after some days of time once it is listed there. Kindly check the project with the white paper, development team and roadmap.
These all things only will give the answers for you while you invest on the ICO projects.
If you read the review site rating and go with it means finally that will fake project or worst investment of yours mate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:51:22 PM

All of my friends that are good in cryptos are just joining some good ICOs and somehow in the end they get in the winning phase. But for me I just joined their bounty programs to insure not losing any money in the end.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 03:51:33 PM

I do agree with you on the matter of alts having negative impact on general cryptocurrency image.
However I will never agree or vote for institutional regulations, never! We are not children or mindless cuttle, we have brains and they are worth using, from time to time. Not a single governmental institution will outperform your own reasoning and analysis. You can be wrong, you can get scammed and than you LEARN your lesson.
Besides there are no legit ICOs any more Smiley it all a sham. Nevertheless, no quasi-control from leftists!  

KJMZNine

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:56:09 PM

I don't really invest into much ICOs, because the most out there are useless ICOs and the most of them will fall in their value. I only participate in a few ICOs where I have fomo, but it really should be something that has a future and a usecase that is really needed! I think this is the smartest way to invest.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 03:57:46 PM

I hope you mean to say about the ICO projects which can be really acheived the maximum cap and listing the coin in the exchange with the low value after some days of time once it is listed there. Kindly check the project with the white paper, development team and roadmap.
These all things only will give the answers for you while you invest on the ICO projects.
If you read the review site rating and go with it means finally that will fake project or worst investment of yours mate.

Sort of a waste really. There are few of this actually, they don't even bother to list on different exchanges but only on etherdelta. Its like them giving you the chance to dump while there are still people want to buy the token. How about PayPRO, I don't know if they got the hardcap but nothing happen to the project. They just announce there were errors to their smart contract, they'll be back to fix it but months later there were no news to it.  Sad thing was that I invested to it believing they are backed by Bancor because they said so.

Semenpaliy

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:58:16 PM

The concept and purpose of this project is very good. This is the foundation that explains the benefits of this project in the future. I hope the development team can do their best at every opportunity to make this project grow into a great and rewarding project for many people. https://konios.com/
yerger

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:01:42 PM

I don't believe ICO anymore with see many case of SCAM ICO and failed ICO, I think that invest in ICO are more risky also hard to get profit in ICO right now considering token price always dump after bounty hunter receive their token.
ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:05:32 PM

Invest in smart ico you like where to market ico not where it will give you a lot of opportunities for you to shine as well as you can make a lot of profit from investing in ico  Investing Smartly in ICO
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: