Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to stop using Bitcoin as a form of investment and start using it as payment  (Read 688 times)
zhopas

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:19:16 PM

As of now that bitcoin has a lower price I don't think it is better to be as a payment especially not all governments are accepting bitcoin so it not all countries will use it as a payment and it is unfair for some people who are using bitcoin eventhough it is not acceptable in their country so we must should let businessmen invest more and more and let people recognize it first before implementing it right away.
salinaangel

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:13:17 AM

This was a very informative post. You are right. Bitcoin is the most potential cryptocurrency in the world and it's time when it should be used for payment.
cryptovally01

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:15:37 AM

Mainly its really high time to take any step based on this crypto is using with fiat money in some perspective also you can pay property rent with it also Nederland govt. put btc atm in their airport so we can see the users are increasing nowadays so it should be used with fiat money also.
DungPhan

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:40:15 AM

It's born and developed as a payment instrument, but it's really well known only when it's a huge investment, high return!
mktpromp

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:39:35 PM

It’s a good perception based on this system we really need this to use it now because its already developed based on this many country accepting this currency also in some country the open BTC atm because of this you should use this crypto with fiat money so that it can be more popular.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:36:06 PM

That's impossible to achieve, at least now. Many new investors buy Bitcoin only because they want to sell it for slightly higher price. Not to mention ordinary people who will dump Bitcoin if its price decreases. People will treat Bitcoin as a currency if there will be more shops accepting Bitcoin. Lightning Network should help us with that but it will take a couple of months more for it to become popular.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
billsted86

Activity: 198

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:22:12 PM

It's a good idea, because bitcoins have made the payment faster and cheaper and become popular.But by the way we also find it hard to consider it as a form of payment system. Because of its volatile and unstable price. But only one answer would be to keep the whales in control of the market.
sirenmoon

Activity: 121
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:35:56 PM

Probably the reason why people are not using bitcoin as payment because of its volatility. If you buy a shoes worth .01 btc or roughly $60 and tomorrow that .01 btc will be worth $80 so that you just paid $20 over the price of that shoes. So that won't really mean good for you. So i think bitcoin being so volatile makes people not want to use it as payment.

Bitcoin needs to find a stable value. That value will probably be somewhere between 2000 and 3000 dollars. We are all hoping for the growth but for the Bitcoin to stabilize itself and people start using it as a source of the standard payments it should actually fall. This current price is so volatile and that isn't promising as a source of payment. Bitcoin is still very good for the investors that are accumulating it and using it as a profit gaining machine. I don't know for certain what the future will bring but for now, the shoes will still need to be bought with the FIAT.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
huntingbtc5

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:43:38 PM

I agree with you. Bitcoin should be used as a money not investment because satoshi actually invent it for the purpose of alternative digital version of actual money. But it is still not old enough to be used as money. You see the value is volatile and some other issues that are restraining it to be used as money.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:46:02 PM

most of people use bitcoin as an investment because the price of bitcoin is volatility but to use bitcoin as a payment method in daily transaction is not as simple as you think because before we do that we need regulation from the government first but we all know just a few countries that totally accept bitcoin and so many countries that not support bitcoin. I personally can't use bitcoin as payment because the government of my country prohibit to use bitcoin as payment so bitcoin users in my country can only use bitcoin as an investment.
AldoCrawley

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:54:01 PM

It is a very good point to be demonstrated but the thing is there will be no problem at all if you use the bitcoin as currency as well as investment. You just need to use the volatility with the flow.
careCentre

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:20:04 PM

a very good point and i completely agree with it.

but it doesn't have to be only one. you can do both. you can use bitcoin as a currency but also have it as an investment. for example you buy bitcoin today at $1 to be able to spend it as a currency when it is  worth $2 which satisfies both investment and currency aspect of it.

the price rise, the volatility that comes with it and the fact that people will use it as an investment is inevitable.
I agree with you, but let's look at it this way, just now the value of bitcoin is determined by the number of demands and supply. Meaning if the supply is more than the demand, the value price drops. Bitcoin as a currency will not be affected by this particular factor. As a currency, a fix price value will be used if you using fiat to exchange for bitcoin. The decentralization idea behind the creation of bitcoin was to make the transaction of funds unlimited and not controlled by an individual or groups or authorities.
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:53:15 AM

This question is needed to be shown on the global world government events,  because in my opinion most of the world government are not considering bitcoin as legit payment method or alternative one.
shampapk1988

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:24:27 AM

It is not possible to use it for payment as bitcoin has volatile price where the price of the commodities are fixed. I think there will be huge chaos if we step on to use it as payment.
Raiwenkai

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:21:58 AM

Bitcoin is a good investment some people earn from it but bitcoin cannot use as a payment because of its volatility.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Exactly, the core concept of Bitcoin is all about using it as a payment system and it doesn't make any sense in the long term if we are using it merely for the speculation purpose. Remember the 10,000 BTC pizza, Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters used it as a payment system and now it is our responsibility to do the same.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:53:19 PM

It's good idea but where to spend bitcoin?
For what?
In my country I don't know any store owner who accept bitcoin.
I can only buy some staff online, from abroad.
So, until situation improve, I will continue to use bitcoin as investment only.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
adpinbr

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:46:12 PM

When I was in college I started using bitcoin as a form investment but now that I am working and knowing a lot of people is using mobile wallet especially in our neighborhood. I started using it also as a payment specifically when the seller also have the same mobile wallet that I use. I could easily send btc to them in just a click.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vendetta666

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:32:50 PM

We can not prevent people from making this form of payment only, especially as its price rises and falls. So we can not do it here because many investors are losing and of course paying for it. So it happens that the bitcoins will pump and dump. And if it does not happen, the price may go higher or even fall.
nazarovv

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:55:05 PM

i dont think its the right time to use bitcoin as payment since it is still volatile. needs to be stable enough to be a viable form of payment,
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: